Not able to install, tried 7 times.

Hi,

Since this is a fresh install and its hanging on the database, I would ask your host to see if there are any errors in your mysql logs. Or there may be a setting (ie. mod_security) that may be blocking certain queries from being executed/inserted into your db.

Also, I am on the prior step, you inputted your db details correctly AND clicked the test connection button.

HTH!

-- First all my thought and love goes to the kind people in France for the sad happening in Paris and also my friends there. My very sad heart are with you.--

Hello!

I experience exactly the same issue. I have tried all i know with Mamp Pro and webdev skills.

The installer creates all the database tables but stops when starting to  put content into the tables as it seems.

I would like to do a coommand line install and are following the exact procedure according to prestashop and have also looked thru everything as explains in the guides.

Funny i have previous installations of prestashop running on the same server/ localhost.

I will not try online server and if working copy it back to localhost.

I wonder if or what i have missed..

Would be great if anyone at Prestashop could have  look into this.

• Like 1

-- First all my thought and love goes to the kind people in France for the sad happening in Paris and also my friends there. My very sad heart are with you.--

Hello!

I experience exactly the same issue. I have tried all i know with Mamp Pro and webdev skills.

The installer creates all the database tables but stops when starting to  put content into the tables as it seems.

I would like to do a coommand line install and are following the exact procedure according to prestashop and have also looked thru everything as explains in the guides.

Funny i have previous installations of prestashop running on the same server/ localhost.

I will not try online server and if working copy it back to localhost.

I wonder if or what i have missed..

Would be great if anyone at Prestashop could have  look into this.

They already did, see http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCSX-4249 and make those changes, this will fix it.

• Like 1

Alright a little update.

Now installed on localhost Mamp Pro. I used PHP 5.6.2 together with individual php version for each host.

After changing this to use same php version to all hosts and instal using 5.2.17 installation went thru perfect with non changed installation package from Prestashop (1.6.0.11). 

After installation i have reverted back for my host and so far this seems ok.

Hope this help anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Thank you all for your replies regarding the topic.
I appreciate your help, but, sadly none of them worked.

I'm not of that high level in programming, just a beginner.
Kindly explain me in simple language or what procedures I can do to resolve this problem.

My PHP Version: 5.4.26 ( as per info. displayed in cPanel ) 
I want to install PrestaShop 1.6.0.11.

Really glad that you all are here to help me out.

Thank you so much!  :)

Admin

EvoCrome Apps

• 4 months later...

Hi, 

I am facing the same issue today i have install xampp on window 8 and unzip prestashop and install but on database step i stuck.

I have entered all the correct details but (test your data base connect button not working and if i click to continue nothing happned in next page please help...

I am ready to give teamviewer access....I already follow the the guide steps but still problem there.may be i am doing wrong i am new to Prestashop..Thanks

Hi

I downloaded and pointed the installer to use a local version instead of downloading the package online.

If you check the upgrade module there are some other alternatives you can choose.

When i did this all worked as a charm:)

Hope this helps/ Stefan

Hope this helps/ Stefan.

Hi,

Ok sorry i am not able to talk you through the process step by step. Please google install prestahop and youll fin a step by step guide. Unfortenately inguess some basic file handeling is required if the installer hungs while creating tables in the database.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Ok sorry i am not able to talk you through the process step by step. Please google install prestahop and youll fin a step by step guide. Unfortenately inguess some basic file handeling is required if the installer hungs while creating tables in the database.

Hope this helps.