How to get the tracking numbers into the dispatched email?

At the moment we are putting the tracking numbers for packages into the order pages, but when Presta shop sends the order dispatched email it says this:

Order OYKRXJYLC - In transit

Your order with the reference OYKRXJYLC is currently in transit.

You can track your package using the following link: http://www.royalmail.com

What do i put in the template so that the second order number becomes the tracking number from the order page?

are you doing this before or after changing the order status to 'shipped'?

You don't need to change anything in the email template.  Prestashop will automatically include the tracking number in the carrier URL, if it was saved before changing the status to 'shipped'

You need to confirm 2 things

1) What is the carrier URL that you entered for this carrier?

2) When are you adding the tracking number (before or after updating the status to shipped)

Edited by bellini13 (see edit history)

the url shows as www.royalmail.com

2. the tracking number is being entered before the status is being moved to shipped

At least it is when i do it. Is it possible that if the update hasn't finished after you click save on the tracking number the order reference gets entered there instead? 

I'd better retrain my staff tomorrow.

If you change your Carrier URL to the following, then Prestashop will automatically include the tracking number in the URL in the email.  The customer can then just click on the link. 

https://www.royalmail.com/track-your-item?tracking_number=@

To add just the tracking number to the email, requires more extensive changes to the order controller and the email template.

• Like 1

If you change your Carrier URL to the following, then Prestashop will automatically include the tracking number in the URL in the email.  The customer can then just click on the link. 

https://www.royalmail.com/track-your-item?tracking_number=@

To add just the tracking number to the email, requires more extensive changes to the order controller and the email template.

Hi Bellini13

Do you have steps to add tracking nummber into shipped email tamplate? I was searching around but none of the workaround works for version 1.6.XX.

Sorry I do not have steps documented.  It would require coding changes to the order controller and email templates to show just the tracking number

Thank you for you prompt reply. I'm not good in PHP & really a big thanks if you can show the coding change in AdminOrdersController.php

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi misu3108,

I have tried adding this line in the in_transit.html template, but i am seeing only the word {shipping_number} not the tracking number.

And i tried adding the code in the AdminOrderController.php but no luck. 

I am using 1.5.6 PS version.

Can you please help me on this?

Regards,

Mani

I'm using ps 1.6.0.9 I don't know how it works in 1.5.6.

I'm using AftetShip module for tracking. I created a CMS page for tracking so users can track any carrier. So in order details I just show the tracking # and under a link to the CMS page to track the package. I hope this helps a little.

Hi misu3108,

Thanks for the quick reply. I am able to track the order with the tracking number once customer logged in. But i want to send the tracking number in mail. Default behavior in PS is it will send the tracking URL. I don't want the URL.

Can you please share how you are sending the tracking number in mail? 

Thanks in advance,

Mani.