I have searched for the answer to this but can't find anything.

At the moment, if I hadn't signed into the front office or registered an account the system will allow me to add a product to the cart. I can then see the summary page, click proceed to checkout and then the system takes me to the authentication page. 

Once I have either signed it here or created a new account here, the system then takes me back to the my account page. 

I want it so if a user is in the process of ordering the system will recognise this and then revert the user back to the appropriate stage of the order process.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Hi guys. So I am using a custom theme and changed the process from a 5 page checkout to 1 page over the weekend and that works fine.

I also checked the shopping cart tpl file and the value with a back to order is there so not sure whats going wrong.

I initially thought that it would be better to have a 5 page checkout as the customer would see less on the page so become less scared about completing the information and more likely to complete their purchase. But now El Patron has raised a good point in that the 5 cart process is a lot of clicks and the customer may become impatient waiting to pay for their goods.

Does anyone know of a survey which may have been done to show which customers prefer, 1 page or 5 page checkout?

Thanks

Hi guys. So I am using a custom theme and changed the process from a 5 page checkout to 1 page over the weekend and that works fine.

I also checked the shopping cart tpl file and the value with a back to order is there so not sure whats going wrong.

I initially thought that it would be better to have a 5 page checkout as the customer would see less on the page so become less scared about completing the information and more likely to complete their purchase. But now El Patron has raised a good point in that the 5 cart process is a lot of clicks and the customer may become impatient waiting to pay for their goods.

Does anyone know of a survey which may have been done to show which customers prefer, 1 page or 5 page checkout?

Thanks

I think its a matter of taste, the one important to consider in 5 step (any page) is speed.  If you page loads are fast 5 step is nice as as well.