PayPal problem - "IPN Notifications sent to the following URL(s) are failing"

Kabarl

My online PrestaShop 1.6 (default theme) went live a couple of days ago. So far I've only had two customers both paying via PayPal (and one requested a refund). I have started receiving the following email from PayPal (several times):

"Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). Instant Payment Notifications sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

https://www.MYSITE/public_html/modules/paypal/ipn.php

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.
"

This appears to relate to the refund which was made through the PrestaShop back office. I have no idea how to resolve this or even whether it is an important issue.

Please help!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are having this same issue but more worryingly orders are not coming back as confirmed to our store, instead the customer pays and that is it as the IPN is not working so the order is never confirmed:

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). Instant Payment Notifications sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

https://www.website.com/modules/paypal/ipn.php

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

Could someone from Prestashop look in to this, I have contacted the developers of the PayPal Europe module but have heard nothing back as yet.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I am still getting this messages form paypal, I use 1.5.6 with the Paypal Module for Europe but I am based in UK.

Seems the the rollback didn't worked as supposed. Also the supposed support contact mentioned by Samyha it's useless, I've sent them an email on Monday regarding the error and never get any reply, typical Paypal customer service. 

Maybe the Prestashop Team should try get a better answer from there regarding this issue or at list make sure they'll reply to people that write to the email they provide.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello. I'm getting this error and if I try to go to the validation.php link in my shop I see an error page.

The orders with Paypal come correctly, but everyday Paypal sends us the email with the same error message about the IPN url...

• 7 months later...

I noticed that the URL points to //MYSHOP/module/paypalusa/validation.php   -   but the folder structure on my server is actually  //MYSHOP/modules/paypalusa/validation.php

Looks like a typo in the coding - I created a new directory named "module"  (no 's' on the end) and copied the paypalusa directory into it - we'll see if that resolves it, and hope this helps.  Looks like a typo in the coding

Edited by graficalicus (see edit history)

well the original post from last year is about the Paypal Europe module, while your post is about the Paypal USA module, so I'm not going to assume your issue is the same thing.

you don't mention what version of the Paypal USA module you are using, and what version of Prestashop.  That would be useful information to have.

also, confirm if you have manually entered an IPN address in your Paypal profile either recently or in the past.

well the original post from last year is about the Paypal Europe module, while your post is about the Paypal USA module, so I'm not going to assume your issue is the same thing.

Fair enough.  My issue is extremely similar to the problem previous posters have, though, so I posted what I noticed for bug tracking purposes.  Disregard if not relevant.

you don't mention what version of the Paypal USA module you are using, and what version of Prestashop.  That would be useful information to have.

$this->name = 'paypalusa';
		$this->version = '1.3.9';

PrestaShop 1.6.0.6

also, confirm if you have manually entered an IPN address in your Paypal profile either recently or in the past.

yes to both. During original setup, and again recently when this issue arose. Until recently, it worked flawlessly.

yes to both. During original setup, and again recently when this issue arose. Until recently, it worked flawlessly.

Well that is your problem

1) You don't need to manually enter an IPN URL in your Paypal profile.  The module tells Paypal where to notify it of updates

2) If you did provide a manual IPN entry, then 2 additional things.  1) You entered it wrong, 2) now your store will be notified twice