PDO and SOAP very helpful extensions, reinstallation required?

In the system requirements section of the Prestashop manual, a number of useful (non-required) PHP extensions are listed. I just found out that my provider allows me to turn on PDO_MySQL and SOAP. After I have done that, is it best to reinstall the store, or will the existing installation take advantage of these extensions?

I've also attached a screenshot of the PHP extensions available on my server. It already reflects the recommendations from the manual. Any further suggestions would be very welcome!

post-636415-0-98619500-1407340299_thumb.png

For PDO MySQL, nothing more you need to do.  Prestashop will automatically detect that it is present and use it.

For SOAP, I do not believe anything in the core package uses this extension.  You may have downloaded a third party module that would use it however.  Again, I do not believe you need to re-install Prestashop for this.

• Like 2

For PDO MySQL, nothing more you need to do.  Prestashop will automatically detect that it is present and use it.

For SOAP, I do not believe anything in the core package uses this extension.  You may have downloaded a third party module that would use it however.  Again, I do not believe you need to re-install Prestashop for this.

I can second that answer. After enabling you do not need to reinstall PrestaShop, if you find a module does not work after enabling those extensions please let us know. However, you should be all set. Keep us posted, thanks!

• Like 1