SMTP email not working PS 1.6.0.6

Hi,

I am having problem setting up SMTP email.  The credentials I use are the same as I use with my email app(s) and work and have been approved by Fastmail, the provider. https://www.fastmail.fm/help/technical/servernamesandports.html

SMTP server: mail.messagingengine.com

SMTP user: [email protected]

SMTP password: mypassword

Encryption: SSL

I get this error message (I had to insert spaces into this to make it appear in the post):

Error: Please check your configuration

The SMTP connection failed to start  [ssl: //mail.messagingengine.com:465 ] fsockopen returned Error Number 110 and Error String 'Connection timed out'

I have also tried leaving use and password blank and get the same error. I have tried the suggestions here:

http://jumprit.wikansaged.com/cant-send-or-receive-email-in-prestashop/

But they give me a blank page when I go to Advanced Parameters/E-mail.

Any help appreciated, thank you,

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I had the same problem. The Solution:

go to Preferences > Store Contacts > Contact details, make sure the shop email address match the domain name.

Hi,

I have a different Store Contacts email address ([email protected]), but everytime I tried to change to match my domain name, after I click on SAVE button, it seems to revert itself back to ([email protected]).

• Like 1

Hi,

I am having problem setting up SMTP email.  The credentials I use are the same as I use with my email app(s) and work and have been approved by Fastmail, the provider. https://www.fastmail.fm/help/technical/servernamesandports.html

SMTP server: mail.messagingengine.com

SMTP password: mypassword

Encryption: SSL

I get this error message (I had to insert spaces into this to make it appear in the post):

The SMTP connection failed to start  [ssl: //mail.messagingengine.com:465 ] fsockopen returned Error Number 110 and Error String 'Connection timed out'

I have also tried leaving use and password blank and get the same error. I have tried the suggestions here:

http://jumprit.wikansaged.com/cant-send-or-receive-email-in-prestashop/

But they give me a blank page when I go to Advanced Parameters/E-mail.

Any help appreciated, thank you,

Did you tried TLS encryption?

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

hello ... i'm having trouble in setting up my stmp connection on gmail.

i created a new mail based on the domain name

the ssl is connected

2-set verification is off

the imap and pop are on (in gmail)

credentials 

email domain name: [email protected]

SMTP server: smtp.gmail.com

pass. ******

SSL

port: 465

i'm on a Cloud based prestashop  version 1.6.1.3

and everytime i get a error " Erreur : veuillez vérifier votre configuration

Expected response code(s) [250] but got response [501-5.5.4 HELO/EHLO argument [email protected] invalid, 501 5.5.4 closing connection. hh8sm5205523wjc.42 - gsmtp]

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On prestashop 1.6.1.6 I have issues with the mail configuration.  Im testing my SMTP setup that has been working since the begining and now no emails are going out and Im getting this messege when i try to test the account.  I have check the SMTP configuration and is perfect.  Will this be a problem of the update.  Any one with this issue

Address in mailbox given [[email protected]] does not comply with RFC 2822, 3.6.2.

• 2 months later...

Hello 

Same problem and for me.

Not worked.!!

Expected response code 250 but got code "535", with message "535-5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at 535 5.7.8 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials l6sm3567725wmg.11 - gsmtp "

Edited by hairmania (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/11/2018 at 12:22 AM, skulasinghe said:

creating a new gmail id didnt work for me in 1.6.1.4 any other suggestions?

there are several different issues in this thread.  what issue are you having exactly?  what error message are you receiving?

17 hours ago, skulasinghe said:

Connection could not be established with host smtp.gmail.com [Connection refused #111]

This error typically means that you are being blocked by a firewall.  I don't know what port you are trying to use, but either that port or the IP address is being blocked.  You will need to work with your hosting provider to open the required IP address and/or ports to allow your server to connect.

Hi 

Many users use Cpanel without have access to WHM.

CPanel / WHM have a option to block smtp.

This feature prevents users from bypassing the mail server to send mail, a common practice used by spammers. 

If you have  access to WHM turns off this feature (SMTP Restrictions)(Picture Attached)

If you dont have access to WHM contact your hosting provider.

Screenshot_1.png

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone!

My solutions is diferent from all the others. I had same problems as most users listed.

SOLUTION:

I used port 25 only w/o SSL. It worked inmediately. Could not use SSL/TLS or any other port. Dont ask me why but this is how it worked for me. I dont know why other ports did not worked either. Give it a try and it will perhaps work.

Cheers!

Juan

• 4 weeks later...

For FastMail I had to use SSL on port 565.

I normally use TLS or STARTTLS on port 587 from email clients, and I believe port 465 should work too, but no combination of these would work from PrestaShop.
It didn't make any difference for me, if the Customer Service email address (Shop Param > Contact) is the same as the site domain or different.
It didn't make any difference if the 'Mail domain name' (Adv Param > Email) is the same as the site domain or different.

Hope this helps someone.

Edited by nlites
add (see edit history)