Cannot log in to Back Office after installation

Hello. I have installed PrestaShop and I cannot log into back office "manage my store" I get an error message:

There is 1 error

1. The Employee does not exist, or the password provided is incorrect.

I am 100% sure I am putting in the correct info. 

What am I doing wrong?

I am a complete novice so step by step instructions will be much appreciated.

I have attached a screenshot of the error i am getting.

P.S I have also erased some info from address bar in the screenshot  as I do not know if that is private or not:)

post-807568-0-44875800-1402744736_thumb.png

I am having the exact same issue. I even tried uninstalling and doing a fresh install, but the password and login information I receive results in the same message that glowbling recieved.

Also, I read through a couple other threads, and I did try logging in on Firefox, Safari and Chrome and receive the same error on all 3 so I don't think it's a cookie issue. I also tried one suggestion of changing the PS_COOKIE_CHECKIP value from 1 to 0 and that didn't resolve the issue.

I installed Prestashop on my BlueHost account. The version is 1.5.6.1. I do have the option to install older versions, but that is the newest version they have for installation, just in case it's an issue with the version I installed.

Edited by MTaylor (see edit history)

Hello. I have installed PrestaShop and I cannot log into back office "manage my store" I get an error message:

There is 1 error

What am I doing wrong?

P.S I have also erased some info from address bar in the screenshot  as I do not know if that is private or not:)

and if you use "lost password", what's going on/

I have tried "lost password".  

A password gets sent to my email address and when I use the password and click "sign in"  I am still in the sign in page but the area where I put my email address and password are blank now 

strange :/

please open your website in chrome, then press ctrl+shift+j you will see browser console.

then try to type login and password and press sign in

do you see some red errors in console output ?

Hi I have opened browser console and yes there are errors here is copy paste of the errors. I have erased my email address and password for security. Please take a look below.

@hotmail.com

SyntaxError: Unexpected token ILLEGAL

ReferenceError: 21 is not defined
ZHJ6

ReferenceError: ZHJ6 is not defined

Please note I tried 2 different passwords the 1st one was the one I created at registration and the second one was the one I used for "lost password"
Edited by glowbling (see edit history)

Hi. I dont know if I understand your question. When I try to login I get an error message please see image in my first post above.

I was told to enter my login in details in Browser Console and that is where I get my error messages in the Console Browser.

I am a complete novice so I don't know how to identify which script its from or even how to check the script.

There is 1 error

What am I doing wrong?

Hi I have opened browser console and yes there are errors here is copy paste of the errors. I have erased my email address and password for security. Please take a look below.

@hotmail.com

SyntaxError: Unexpected token ILLEGAL

ReferenceError: 21 is not defined
ZHJ6

ReferenceError: ZHJ6 is not defined

Please note I tried 2 different passwords the 1st one was the one I created at registration and the second one was the one I used for "lost password"

Do those ones pop out as soon as you hit login? Or are they present already, when you reach the page? Can you identify which script they are coming from?

Can you screen the debug bar? 

yes there is a debug bar. What do I do? I have no knowledge of how to use. Please could you give me step by step instructions. I would have shown you a image but it cannot copy and paste image.

Can't you make a printscreen? Just hit the prtScn key on the keyboard and paste in any image software (even ms paint) save it and attach it to a post

for some reason I cannot attach any image. it won't paste on clipboard. can I email you the images?

hello

if you turn on "response" tab

what you see there?

the same output as in "preview"

?ucxHa9K.png

iSW8HYC.pngThis is what I see.

You know this is going to take forever to fix if we are going to communicate via forum as like I said before I am a complete novice at this and have no experience as a developer. Isnt there another way to fix this and post the solution in the Forum for everyone else to see.

There is 1 error

What am I doing wrong?

Hi. I have done a fresh install of PrestaShop 1.6 version. I still cannot login to back office. I put in the correct details but redirects to login page no error message just straight to login page. I have used "lost password" but same things happens. If I enter a incorrect password I get a error message.

Please could you help.

P.S Do I need to make a fresh topic for this problem? 

P.P.S I am a complete novice so a step by step fix will be much appreciated.