no carriers available

Hi everybody, i am a new PS user

i have the same "No carriers......" problem which hundreds of people had to face, i have the carriers and the shipping configured in the right way, and sometime they are showing during the order process but most of the time they don't and the error "no carriers available..." comes up, so the problem is not consinstent,

i have alse applyed this fixes but did not help

i am also willing to hire somebody PS expert to finishe our site

the system is hosted on a VPS not on shared hosting, please can anybody tell me how to solve this problem?

thank you

Hi papacio,

if it's possible, it would be best to send me a PM with access to your back office. There are numbers of problems that can cause this and it might take me just a few mins to go through your site and find the solution.

However, if you're not able to grant me the access, I'd ask you to

a) Check Countries

B) Check Zones

c) Check limits set to carriers. 

d) Check Products - some might have a carrier disabled and therefore you're not able to make an order. 

e) Check Warehouses if you have advanced stock managment allowed

f) Check modules, as there are some modules that might have an influence on carriers in Prestashop.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

6.1.09 "no carriers available"

They look like they are selected, as they are listed under carriers in the warehouse, but until you highlight them and save them, it does not work. 

Try this.

Stock> Warehouse > edit select and highlight the carriers they will then have a grey background>save and this  fixed my problem of "no carriers available"

From the warehouse page..

You must select at least one carrier to enable shipping from this warehouse.

Use CTRL+Click to select more than one carrier.

Good Luck

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've just spent hours looking for a solution also.  Reading post after post, it seems everyone else is having the same issue with this no carrier available problem.  This shipping system definitely needs un-complicated because there seems to be too many variables to get it right!  By default, every product should be shippable and associated with a carrier (and warehouse--if applicable) I finally found a solution to this by turning off advanced stock management under preferences/product.  Now to solve that dang "free shipping" issue in the cart.

• Like 2

I've just spent hours looking for a solution also.  Reading post after post, it seems everyone else is having the same issue with this no carrier available problem.  This shipping system definitely needs un-complicated because there seems to be too many variables to get it right!  By default, every product should be shippable and associated with a carrier (and warehouse--if applicable) I finally found a solution to this by turning off advanced stock management under preferences/product.  Now to solve that dang "free shipping" issue in the cart.

@flyclothing

I have mad exactly the same experience as you did. Now even I turned off the advanced stock management, I still get the error message : cannot be delivered to the chosen address. How wired, although I selceted the right zones and countries.

Anyone got a idea where could be the issue?

Thanks.

@flyclothing

I have mad exactly the same experience as you did. Now even I turned off the advanced stock management, I still get the error message : cannot be delivered to the chosen address. How wired, although I selceted the right zones and countries.

Anyone got a idea where could be the issue?

Thanks.

Michael: That's odd, if you send me access to BO and if I have the time today, I might take a look on it.

Mine was solved (for the most part) after removing advanced stock management and redoing the USPS and UPS module configurations.  By default, all options you choose in these two modules should be available for every product but we all know that is not always the case.  Let me know if you solve your issue.

I am having the same "No carrier..." problem as well as the "Free shipping" issue regardless of what I do. I have followed every suggestion and idea I have been able to locate on this forum to no avail. I am at wits end. Could someone please take a look at my configuration?

http://samantharay.com

Edited by wildeyray (see edit history)

In my case for all countries, Shipping Rate and Carriers are not a Problem

Except in case of China

I have two countries in this Zone, China and Hongkong even HongKong is working all fine but i can't understand why it is creating a problem for China

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/360992-shipping-to-china-not-working/

Any body with any solution

I am having the same "No carrier..." problem as well as the "Free shipping" issue regardless of what I do. I have followed every suggestion and idea I have been able to locate on this forum to no avail. I am at wits end. Could someone please take a look at my configuration?

http://samantharay.com

I finally was able to get the "No carrier..." issue resolved. It was a result of the remaining issue I am having, which is that no matter how I configure my products and my carriers, shipping is always "Fee Shipping", even when I add handling fees. In reading other forums, I see others are having the same issue, but I have been unable to find a working solution.

Any advice? Anyone?

I have also been struggling with this for three days.  I believe I just do not understand how to get this configured.  I'm very confused between the presta shop shipping menu under the products tab and the USPS module as well as the advanced stock option.

I feel like I need to just start over because I"ve made so many changes I'm losing track of where I am.  Does anyone one have a STEP by STEP instruction set as to how to get the USPS module working such that I no  longer receive 'No carrier has been made available for this selection.'  and the 'Free Shipping' I am losing a great deal of time on it and someone out there must know how to do it. 

One person solves it by turning ON the 'Advenace Stock' and another solved it by turning it off.  How is that? 

Please help.  Thank you

Thank you.

I did end up turning off the Advanced Stock Management.

Then I deleted all the Carriers in Shipping-> Carriers menu

I uninstalled the USPS module

I reinstalled the USPS module

I configured the USPS module

and now it is working.  At least it is populating the Carrier Options.

Now onto the next problem.  Blank page on shipping in checkout   :-(  I suppose that is another topic though.

I would setup both of the USPS and UPS module firsts and then configure each.  Then go to the shipping section and configure.  Reset the modules if they are not working.  And make sure to turn off advanced stock management!

As simple as it is, this comment headed me in the right direction. I simply did a "reset" (didn't know that option existed), reconfigured my carriers and issue was resolved. THANK YOU

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing here is working for me. I don't have the advanced stock management module installed, and I have attempted to assign a default warehous, I'm still getting the No Carriers Available error on checkout.

This is pretty rediculous considering being able to BUY is THE fundamental point of a shopping cart system. I think this has been made far too complicated and there are far too many variables able to go wrong. This makes Prestashop one of the most embarassing examples of "too many cooks" I have ever seen.

• Like 2

I'm trying to get free shipping to show for UK customers, everything is there and there should be no settings in the options for free shipping, other than selecting free shipping and assigning the UK zone to it. This has been done and it's now giving me both

1. There are no carriers that deliver to the address you selected.
  2. No carriers available for the address "My address"
  • Like 1

Are you using the USPS or UPS modules and have you assigned methods to your country?  It took me a couple of tries before I got the free shipping right.  We are still setting up countries as we speak.  I setup free shipping carriers rather than using the preferences function.  You have to edit each carrier and set a price for your country.

I don't need USPS or UPS modules because this is UK based business. I primarily ship to the UK and Europe. I have set up European delivery and international delivery by weight. UK delivery is set as FREE DELIVERY.

Testing the delivery methods, I have disabled international and european and only left UK free delivery available, and still I am getting both of these messages. This should not be happening, it should be as simple as assigning the United Kingdom to FREE Delivery and that's it. I can't understand what other settings there could possibly be to change.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I have one carrier installed and added ups and mondial relay, neither show up as options in the shopping cart. I have the carriers added as options in the product - shipping option so I don't know where else I should add something.... 

Any advice is greatly appreciated. 

kind regards

Len

I'm trying to get free shipping to show for UK customers, everything is there and there should be no settings in the options for free shipping, other than selecting free shipping and assigning the UK zone to it. This has been done and it's now giving me both

1. There are no carriers that deliver to the address you selected.
  2. No carriers available for the address "My address"

Hi all, I'm new to PrestaShop and am having the same problem - I only ship to the uk and have set up zones and countries as as such.

Have also tried setting tax rules for product and carrier as suggested above to match but still have the same message - very frustrating.

Any help would be much appreciated ...

If you created a carrier, then you need to apply it to a zone.  Make sure that zone has your country/area listed and then test.

Hi Flyclothing

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it very much, it makes me feel less 'alone' in my task here :-)

I have in 'zones' France, Belgique, Luxembourg

In the carriers tab I added mondial relay and ticked 'France, Belgique, Luxembourg'  in shipping carriers 

CARRIER NAME MONDIAL RELAY

This carrier is not free and the delivery announced is: 3-6.

The shipping cost is calculated according to the weight and the tax rule No tax will be applied.

This carrier can deliver orders from 0.500000 kg to 30.000000 kg. If the order is out of range, the behavior is to disable carrier.

This carrier will be proposed for those delivery zones
  • France, Belgique, Luxembourg
And it will be proposed for those client groups
  • Visitor
  • Customer
  • Wholesale
  •  
  • so I don't quiet know why the mondial relay doesn't show to customers
  • Thanks once again  
  • Kind regards
  • Lenlay

Hi Flyclothing

Yes I have the prices in have a look here.... 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uf4uj4o47amfm64/Screenshot%202014-11-06%2020.27.46.png?dl=0

and in the product shipping I have 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tt09fooz8k50u09/Screenshot%202014-11-06%2020.32.06.png?dl=0

keep well, 

Len

Edited by Rosie Posy (see edit history)

There's a possibility that you may just have too many parameters.  Can you create another shipping method and make it very simple and see if it works?

I have one option in the ups model and that gives the same result ie. no carrier choice in customer cart.....????

If you come back to this post again and again in vain, I should tell you that I had faced the very same problem. God bless the guy who made this Youtube video and put it up:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4Nyapf445w

Check it out, it will definitely solve the problem.

Thanks.

Also, guys, stop complicating things when you have a chance of simplifying them!

If you come back to this post again and again in vain, I should tell you that I had faced the very same problem. God bless the guy who made this Youtube video and put it up:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4Nyapf445w

Check it out, it will definitely solve the problem.

Thanks.

I tried clicking the 'all' buton and the carrier was displayed . The problem with that is that I have to set a price for ALL the countries listed. I don't ship to all countries so how do I delete selected countries. I tried unselecting them but then the carrier doesn't show as before???? so  I am a bit stuck, Thanks for any help. 

Kind regards

Len

I tried your solution by selecting 'all' but I only ship to 3 countries with mondial relay in this option.... so I am still stuck... which other sections should I activate/deactivate, the help files don't give enough information. 

Thanks, for any advice... 

Len

have figured out how to add a second carrier to the customers' shipping choice. 

You can not have unselected zones if you want 2 or more carriers. 

In Zones, fill in all the prices for the different weights. 

then in the 'carriers' tab go to the second tab 'carriers and shipping' you have to fill in all the fields and mark the checkbox 'ALL'

Only then will the second carrier show as an option in the cart.

This is not an ideal solution. I would be good if you could just checkmark the relevant zones and not have to checkmark 'all'

Hope that info helps someone.

Kind regards

Len

Edited by Rosie Posy (see edit history)

You will probably need to go to Localizations->Zones....you can add or delete and completely manage the continents and countries, including cities you ship to. After that is done, go back and edit your carrier. I think you will only see the zones you have selected in "Zones". If it doesn't work out that way, let me know.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...