[SOLVED + Solution] image format not recognized allowed formats are .gif .jpg .png

Hello,

I getting this error(img1) error during imageupload and i get a questionmark instead of the image.

In all modules and it was working fine before. so i did a fresh install of prestashop 1.6 and tried it right away and still the same error....

What happend because it works just fine before.

I get this error in all modules (theme configurator, Image Slidebar etc.)

I added some images to this post with the error but the text is in dutch.

Error in all prestashop versions 1.5/1.6

Other webshop platforms i dont have any problems uploading images.

It worked till a few days ago....

image format not recognized allowed formats are .gif .jpg .png

solution is in reply #16  -  http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/335789-solved-upload-images-error-image-format-not-recognized-allowed-formats-are-gif-jpg-png/?do=findComment&comment=1698739

post-801040-0-90029600-1402061046_thumb.jpg

post-801040-0-51627000-1402061047_thumb.jpg

post-801040-0-17775600-1402061048_thumb.jpg

Edited by chicaneparts (see edit history)

I had the same problem earlier. My solution to my problem was to resize the picture. I had the size as 3000x2000 and I set it to 700x1022 or vise versa depending on your orientation. Play around with the resizing.

I had the same problem earlier. My solution to my problem was to resize the picture. I had the size as 3000x2000 and I set it to 700x1022 or vise versa depending on your orientation. Play around with the resizing.

I used the exact same size as the default images so thats not it.

Nobody? i already tried some other webshop platforms and there the image upload works. so why wont it work in prestashop like a week ago it worked greated on 1 day it gave me this error on the entire backoffice.....

image format not recognized allowed formats are .gif .jpg .png

Please someone help me out with this because i cant do nothing now with prestashop 

Well thanks for all the help and lots of reply's....... :unsure:  :blink:

I found the problem myself so this is solved few bad lines in imagemanager.php

I'm having the same problem.  Can you please advise what I need to change?  Thank you

• Like 1

Well thanks for all the help and lots of reply's....... :unsure:  :blink:

I found the problem myself so this is solved few bad lines in imagemanager.php

Hi Chicaneparts,

I am having the same problem. could you please let me know which lines you edited in imagemanager.php, and what specific changes you made?

Cheers,

Paul

I'm having the same problem.  Can you please advise what I need to change?  Thank you

Hi Chicaneparts,

I am having the same problem. could you please let me know which lines you edited in imagemanager.php, and what specific changes you made?

Cheers,

Paul

I attach the file that i changed hope it works for you guys

Also make a backup of the original imagemanager.php incase it didnt work for you.

Also this only works for the "image format not recognized allowed formats are .gif .jpg .png error"

Works for 1.5 and 1.6 prestashop.

Upload it to "your-site.com/classes/ImageManager.php"

ImageManager.php

• Like 3

Also make a backup of the original imagemanager.php incase it didnt work for you.

Also this only works for the "image format not recognized allowed formats are .gif .jpg .png error"

Thank you for the attachment.  After uploading it I'm not getting to following error "Error while uploading image; please change your server's settings. (Error code: 6)".

IF some one could offer some advise that would be great, thank you.

Thank you for the attachment.  After uploading it I'm not getting to following error "Error while uploading image; please change your server's settings. (Error code: 6)".

IF some one could offer some advise that would be great, thank you.

I've managed to restore image uploading by combining you fix with disabling "php5.ini" / making it a .bak file.

I've managed to restore image uploading by combining you fix with disabling "php5.ini" / making it a .bak file.

It seems tis solution only lasted a moment.  I'm receiving "Error code: 6" again.  Any advise would be great appreciated!

It seems tis solution only lasted a moment.  I'm receiving "Error code: 6" again.  Any advise would be great appreciated!

I changed the file maybe this works for you.

Upload here: "your-site.com/classes/ImageManager.php"

if its not working for you maybe its a serverside thing did you got the permissions right in the ftp?

ImageManager.php

• Like 1

I changed the file maybe this works for you.

Upload here: "your-site.com/classes/ImageManager.php"

if its not working for you maybe its a serverside thing did you got the permissions right in the ftp?

Thank you, images are now uploading but it's creating incorrect file names, for example: "2120-home_default.jpg.gif".  The ".gif" should not be there?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

thanks friend. I could solve the problem with your file. I was going crazy!.)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

El Patron

Are you saying to upgrade to 1.6.0.7 and that will fix the issue?

I have the problem is both 1.6.0.6 and 1.6.0.9.....

Regards

Greg

I was think 'then' they might be helpful for previous versions.   If you still have issue then it may very well be permission, hosting or other issue.  Most times it's better to open new topic and/or open forge report.  I hope you the best.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Always the same problem here (vrs 1.6.0.9), I have uploaded the ImageManager.php provided by chicaneparts, the file is uploaded correctly (no more error message) but the picture is white, nothing is displayed.

prestashop propose the following image if I hover over the picture : /img/p/1/1.jpg but if I browser this directory (on the server) there is no 1.jpg file !

any idea ?

thanks in advance,

Domi.

Edited by DomiCiel (see edit history)

I tried the fix. It cause a new error string

Error while uploading image; please change your server's settings. (Error code: Missing temporary folder)

There is no php5.ini to rename.

I did try changing the version of php from 5.3, 5.4, 5.5.

the only one that did not break the site was 5.4 native.

Not sure what to do now. Any thoughts?

• 1 month later...

Hello 

I am using Prestashop 1.6.09. i am having the same problem. i was uploading my products on daily bases. while i was uploading a new product pic, suddenly i received this message. 154LN1...jpg : Image format not recognized, allowed formats are: .gif, .jpg, .png . i am struck now. i tried imagemanager.php file from above link, but it didn't work.   kindly someone help me with this. i have to upload my products on daily basis.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thank you sooo much! Looking since weeks for a soluttion!! It works!!!!

• 1 month later...

I created my shop  with 1.6.11 and recently updated to 1.6.14  and added a few purchased mods from addons. I was not having a problem uploading images before. When I try to uplaod a picture anywhere in the site i am receiving :  Image format not recognized, allowed formats are: .gif, .jpg, .png     

I have tried every type of image format and size nothing will allow me to upload a img.

I tried to replace imagemanager.php with the above download to see if it was a fix for me. now I am getting  error. Missing temporary folder   

I have tried disable all new mods added and made all image folders writable (not really sure what is the best setting for image folders)

I read somewhere here that it could be a server issue but no info about what I could check on. Its hosted with godaddy

please if anybody has any suggestions of things I can check or had a problem like this please let me know.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

No solution working here, I tried everything in this topic but am still getting the same error. 

It looks like these bugs started popping after I turned on the optimization settings, but they didn't reverse back when I unselected them.

• 1 month later...

I also have the same problem. I have a fresh install of 1.6.1.1

I have re-installed it 5 times now and tried different things. File premissions, changing ImageManager.php but then i just get ; "Error while uploading image; please change your server's settings. (Error code: Missing temporary folder)"

Also set my PHP version from 5.5 native to 5.6.

Nothing works.

Could it be something with chmod?

I have tried 755 on folders, and 655 on files.

Also 755 and 775 on everything.

When i install, i have to chmod the files in "install" folder (index.php and others) or else i can't install. I have to set them to 755.

After install, i have to do the same thing with root (index.php and others), set to 755.

Is there anyone that had this problem but fixed them. As i said, i have tried most things that i can google about this problem.

This also affects that i can't change logo on front page.