Images not showing

Hello all,

I have searched all morning but can't find the solution. I have updated from 1.5 to 1.6 and now ALL images in folder /images/cms are not showing. Also when adding a new picture it shows in the filemanager but not on the page (questionmark). Als when directly viewing the page in a browser it shows a questionmark. Also when uploading a picture via FTP to /images/cms it is visible in the filemanager but not in the browser. When uploading to /images it works fine. Same problem with small images in products. I have regenerated the pictures, doesnt help. See attachement for images settings. Folders are set to 755

How can I solve this?

Thanks!

Sjoerd

post-738146-0-42232900-1395486016_thumb.png

• Like 2

Hi

i replaced the content of the .htaccess file with this

<IfModule mod_php5.c>

# Turn the PHP engine off

php_flag engine off

</IfModule>

and i working perfect

the solution which worked for me was to set image preferences to be same as on default 1.6 install ( http://demo-bo.prestashop.com/demo/ ) and regenerate images

USERNAME

[email protected]

PASSWORD

prestashop_demo

The two options combined works fine! It is solved now :) Thanks for helping!

Sjoerd

Hi

<IfModule mod_php5.c>

php_flag engine off

</IfModule>

and i working perfect

It works, but do you mind explaining the reason behind it?  :unsure:

Thank you very much for the tips posted here.

Here to me editing (.htaccess) worked perfectly to add images.
But to add videos in the product description does not work.

Anyone have a solution to add videos in the product description?

Hi

<IfModule mod_php5.c>

php_flag engine off

</IfModule>

and i working perfect

This fixed my issue immediately.

I am having an issue with PDF generation. I wonder if this will fix that issue also. I believe the PDF is being created, but not shown.

Edited by BlueToastMedia (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

<IfModule mod_php5.c>

php_flag engine off

</IfModule>

Unfortunately this fix doesn't work to me. All the image that i upload to the cms page, are pointed to www.domain.com/en/img/cms/image.jpg

By change the language, the url change pointing to the new language, example: www.domain.com/en/img/cms/image.jpg

That it's what ruin the image url which is www.domain.com/img/cms/image.jpg

I'm ot sure if it's a mod rewrite matter because that url it's generated in the text editor (tinyMC).

Hope someone can give another fix. I don't want open a new thread, but looks that the fix isn't working for all.

:wacko:

• Like 1

Again here...

Testing the demo store of prestashop, i can reproduce the issue. See that the image at this link is rewritted with the language inside the url lossing the image path:

http://demo-store.prestashop.com/es/content/4-about-us

But in the editor all looks fine. I'm sure it's a bug.

I'm new here. there is a way to report the bug's and that the issues?

Edited by Acido (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

We have the same problem. it point to www.domain.com/admin_name/img/cms/image.jpg.
the right path shd b - www.domain.com/img/cms/image.jpg.

It started without a problem by adding CMS pages and images.

all in a sudden we notice all images turn to question mark icon when insert image via file manager.

Any one can help us for the right solution....

Million Thks

• 5 weeks later...

I had the same problem.  In my case it was easy to solve.  The problem was the URL of the shop on Preferences -> SEO + URLs.  When I put there www.myshop.com and logged to the back office using myshop.com/admin (without "www") Prestashop couldn't load the CMS images in the file manager.  In this case, I changed the URL removing the "www" and it works.

• Like 1

Unfortunately this fix doesn't work to me. All the image that i upload to the cms page, are pointed to www.domain.com/en/img/cms/image.jpg

By change the language, the url change pointing to the new language, example: www.domain.com/en/img/cms/image.jpg

I'm ot sure if it's a mod rewrite matter because that url it's generated in the text editor (tinyMC).

Hope someone can give another fix. I don't want open a new thread, but looks that the fix isn't working for all.

HI there,

Have you fix your problem, I have same problem with Ps1.6 and really I need help.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, thanks for your submission

But none of them is working now, I've tried everything.

Rewrite the .htaccess doesn't work anyway

When I change the url to non www. the images is showing up in file manager but after I saved it, the image still broken.

Yet, I agree maybe it's the bug that must be fix ASAP.

Thanks

Hey all, thanks for your submission

But none of them is working now, I've tried everything.

Rewrite the .htaccess doesn't work anyway

When I change the url to non www. the images is showing up in file manager but after I saved it, the image still broken.

Yet, I agree maybe it's the bug that must be fix ASAP.

Thanks

Done! this problem has been solved.

for those who has problem around text editor e.g: the image not showing, can't change text color, just disabling the html purifier at preferences general tab.

for further information you can find in this thread : http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/338654-1607-and-1608-solved-bugs/?view=findpost&p=1718978

Thanks

V1.6.0.7 user here

• 2 weeks later...

Its really ashamed that this is such a simple feature, yet the bug remains unresolved! 

I am having the same problem and have been looking for solution for hours....still find nothing.

Please anyone out there help us out :(

• 1 month later...

Hello Acido and Caseyrock,

Did you find a solution ? Unless I didn't understand Skinordic's solution, it doesn't work for me too :(

First, i was using a subdomain to serve the images. Can't remember where i set up the subdomain, but the prestashop rewrite do not affect subdomain urls.

However the problem fixed when i update to the latest PS version. Actually i'm running 1.6.0.9

Hope it help.

First, i was using a subdomain to serve the images. Can't remember where i set up the subdomain, but the prestashop rewrite do not affect subdomain urls.

However the problem fixed when i update to the latest PS version. Actually i'm running 1.6.0.9

Hope it help.

Hello Acido, thanx four your reply !

Basically, i'm running the latest version too, I just upgraded from 1.4.8 to 1.6.0.9... :s

Hi everyone!

I'm having the same issue, some images are not being shown after some various uploads.

The cause of the problem in my case is that uploaded files are with some wrong permissions.

For example, /img/logo.jpg gets uploaded with 0644, but /img/s/1.jpg gets uploaded with 0600.

In my case, server isn't able to read the file without READ permissions added to the respective group too.

If the permission on the file is set to 0600 then I get a 403 error from web server, manually setting the permission to 0644 fixes the problem, but that means I need to update the permissions every time I upload an image. A Cron job won't be a good option too, since it will take some time to update the permissions (atleast 1 minute) and that is a quite intensive job.

It turns out /img/s/1.jpg is a "side product" of Carrier controller. I found that this line creates the file:

if (file_exists($old_logo))
copy($old_logo, _PS_SHIP_IMG_DIR_.'/'.(int)$new_id.'.jpg');

(controllers/admin/AdminCarrierWizardController.php)

My solution is to add a chmod command after the file is "copied":

if (file_exists($old_logo)) {
copy($old_logo, _PS_SHIP_IMG_DIR_.'/'.(int)$new_id.'.jpg');
@chmod(_PS_SHIP_IMG_DIR_.'/'.(int)$new_id.'.jpg', 0644);
}

This fixes the problem, seems like a bug. Anyone want to report it?

Hi Vekia, thanx for your reply, it's not a problem with TinyMce editor I guess. Basically, just by changing of theme, the problem seems to be solved (which is not a very scientific explanation, I acknowledge that...), but I have to continue testing it to make sure of it.

@Regdude, thanx for your solution, I think this will help !

Hi Vekia, thanx for your reply, it's not a problem with TinyMce editor I guess. Basically, just by changing of theme, the problem seems to be solved (which is not a very scientific explanation, I acknowledge that...), but I have to continue testing it to make sure of it.

@Regdude, thanx for your solution, I think this will help !

HI Presto2,

how can i fix the cms problem>?

HI Presto2,

how can i fix the cms problem>?

Hi mir-aus,

In my case, the problem has been solved by moving the images into "the new system" (it must be in Preferences>Images) before upgrading the website (I had the problem while I was upgrading my test-website, so I tried to do that before upgrading the real web site)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its really ashamed that this is such a simple feature, yet the bug remains unresolved! 

I am having the same problem and have been looking for solution for hours....still find nothing.

Please anyone out there help us out :(

I HAVE SAME PROBLEM ON http://www.venditaoliopuglia.com/it/content/condizioni-di-pagamento-olio-extravergine

HOW J CAN RESOLVER?

1: Move your pictures in BO. By doing this you'll get the new dir-structure that is similar to the one in v1.6.
2: Upgrade to v 1.6.
3: Go to Preferences --> Images and change small in small_default, medium in medium_default and so on.
4. Click Regenerate

Dutch: Eerst in v 1.4 Foto's verplaatsen. Hierdoor krijg je voor /img een nieuwe dir-structuur die overeenkomt met die van v1.6.
Vervolgens upgraden naar v1.6.
Ga naar Preferences - images en wijzig small --> small_default; medium --> medium_default etc en klik op "Miniaturen hergenereren".

Edited by CSEpe (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

After upgrading store to v 1.6 we are not having images on site...

There are many tweaks and trick for these and problem may be solved by any one of them.

1. Regenerating the thumbnails under Prefererences -> Images

and/or

2. Editing .htaccess and adding this code may solve your problem

<IfModule mod_php5.c>
php_flag engine off 
</IfModule>

and/or

3. Removing current .htaccess and then generating this file again from from Preferences -> SEO & URLs get you rid out of damn image issue.

an/or last that worked for me like a charm :)

4. Moving images to new system.. Go to Preferences --> Images --> in that "Move Images"

Hope any one may help you regarding image issue!!!!

Edited by Divyesh Prajapati (see edit history)

Hi mir-aus,

In my case, the problem has been solved by moving the images into "the new system" (it must be in Preferences>Images) before upgrading the website (I had the problem while I was upgrading my test-website, so I tried to do that before upgrading the real web site)

Hi Presto,

This was worked for me and thanks a ton... You saved my day !!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem and I havnt upgraded at all.  I downloaded the zip file from the prestashop site and installed a fresh install.  I have tried every single fix on this thread and nothing.

I have spent days customising my site and now It was worth nothing as I cant even get my product displayed!

Edited by famoso (see edit history)

I can not believe it!!!

After all this I found the problem for me and it is hilarious!!

On the SEO & URLs page I had friendly urls ON

I switched that OFF and the picture showed up, no more question marks.....very very strange!!

Its fixed on my end now.

But the problem is my urls are not SEO anymore.

If anyone can help this would be great because I tried turning on friendly urls again and it went back to not showing the product pic and back to the questionmark.

Edited by famoso (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...