[Solved] V 1.6 - Problem with Paypal module

Hi,

I use Prestashop 1.6 version. When customers try to pay by Paypal, they are getting error 500 page instead of getting redirected to Paypal page. I took up this issue with Hostgator and below is the response I received. Can someone please help ?

Quote:

It appears that your module was missing a .htaccess file. I have created an empty .htaccess file but the errror still persists. You will need to check with the Prestashop developers for what needs to be updated to correct the plugin issue. Below is the error appearing in the Apache logs for the 500 error.
Tue Jun 03 19:06:26 2014] [crit] [client 192.185.1.20] (13)Permission denied: /home2/amro/public_html/clickastro.co/modules/paypal/express_checkout/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable, referer: http://clickastro.co/quick-order

Unquote:

Edited by fpaul (see edit history)

Hello,

@ Nemo1: I am not able to click on Change Permission as it is grey in cPanel (file manager).

@ webdeveloper083: I disabled Friendly URL and still getting error 500 page.

Hi webdeveloper083: 

Row 89 of module/paypal/api/paypal_connect.php already has the same code as you mentioned;

@curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_VERBOSE, false);
I also tried @curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_VERBOSE, 1); but no luck.

I changed the permission of paypal_connect.php to 755 but still am getting the error 500 page instead of Paypal page. Am not able to change the permission of Paypal folder as it shows grey and not clickable.

Many thanks for your help.

Solved. Changed permission level of /modules/paypal/express_checkout. This directory was set 0744, when it should have been 0755. After correcting this, I was able to proceed to the PayPal checkout screen. Thank you all for your help.