Profile Pics in admin | Employees

Hi all, I had a question regarding the Employee profiles.  I created a few Employee accounts from the admin side and when I selected the avatar to try and upload a custom avatar for the new employee accounts I'd created, it redirected me to Prestashop and directed me to use my prestashop.com user account to edit this.  I may be missing something, but is there a way for people to edit their Avatars without having to go to Prestashop.com and creating an account?

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear Vekia, Mr Prestashop legend,  :)

I have made an account here on prestashop.com. I have EXACTLY the same account as in my admin panel of my prestashop. So same name, emailadres, etc. But when i login to my backoffice with these values my admin pic stays blank. But i have a pic as you can see here. Why does it not connect? What am i doing wrong?

Because you say: "nope, it's not possible at the moment

avatars in back office are a part of avatars used here, on forum"

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 years later...

Hello,

I have a question, what is the interest of serving an image in backoffice from the prestashop server ?

Why is it done this way while Prestashop uses databases and is installed on a server where files are managed via FTP ?

Can't get the point here... It would be so easy for devs to display a default image coming with the installation files or to ask it when an account is created that I don't understand why at every backoffice page requested the Prestashop server are called.

Has someone an explanation about it ?

• 3 months later...

Everyone is asking :

HOW to connect to prestashop servers for this feature ?

while the question should be :

WHY to connect to prestashop servers for this feature ?

I made a simple observation (you is for a general you, not necessarily the person commenting in this thread), why should you use an avatar/picture of yourself in a private area that only you is accessing ? You know your face, isn't it ? Well, maybe you love yourself, why not, after all this is a possibility, I am not judging. In the case you absolutely want to see you in a place where only you go or you need to display this for any other reason, in those cases, why devs/designers are not adding a simple form to upload your own picture ? Why does people at PS, designed it in a way you HAVE TO request their servers everytime you load pages of the backoffice ?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...