Dashboard site very slow

I've been fiddling with the Dashboard and the site is so slow! It literally takes several minutes to load a page. Prestashop.com is also very slow, and when I try to preview some themes, I'm getting this error, and it's been like this all day today:

Screenshot2014-05-18at23752AM_zpsb21a06f

There are quite a few themes I'm unable to preview as a live demo, and if I can't preview them, I can't see how they work, so I won't purchase them.

I'm experiencing so many issues with Prestashop that I'm about to give up. I really want it to work but it's been two days already that I'm fiddling with the settings, and I'm still in the modules section, haven't customized anything else yet. Instead of "set up your store in just minutes" as was promised in the video, I'm spending days... :( I really, really want it to work as I'm already used to all the features and would prefer not to switch to another shopping cart and learn everything all over. But the Dashboard's slowness just drives me crazy! This forum also loads very slowly. I have a turbo internet, other sites are loading right away.

Would such slowness of the Dashboard cause my store site load slowly for my visitors?

Edited by Venice (see edit history)

I keep getting the same "Unable to connect" message as on the screenshot above when I try to view a live demo for some themes on Prestashop.com. A day ago I was able to not only see the demo but also play around with the tabs, etc. On Mozilla I get this error mesaage, on Safari I just get a blank white screen and no message at all:

Screenshot2014-05-18at112040AM_zpse095b2

I don't need a loaded website with tons of modules and everything. I want a simple site, nothing fancy or complicated. I'll be deleting many blocks anyway as I don't need those. So, I was looking for simple themes with grid view so I wouldn't have to change the code (don't know how!) and spend months to build what I need. The themes on the cheaper side have what I need but I can't see the demo. I was able to 2 days ago and bookmarked the links. But the demos now don't work, although the sites open fast and I can zoom on the few images and see them. Just can't see the demo as it gives me the error message. ALL other websites everywhere else work well and I can preview everything. Just don't want to purchase from a third-party.

I contacted the developer of the theme yesterday about not being able to see the demo. The developer is "Community". The theme is this one: http://addons.prestashop.com/en/food-drinks/9061-food-store-prestashop-theme-prs050117.html

Today received a message from them:

Hello

Problem with our server, It will be running within 24 hours.

Thanks and Regards,
TemplateMela Support Team

Just checked the demo and it's working.