{link} path needs to be edited from /prestashop/mails/en/reply_msg.html

Hi All

As this is my first post, I would first like to thanks all moderators, experts and other folks who have given in their valuable time and contribution. I am a novice with prestashop but with the (Solved) posts on the net I could set up my website without depending or rather petering others with my silly questions.

Okay now I have reached a roadblock and my domain provider has forced me to seek assistance from prestashop tech guys.

Coming to the Issue in hand :

When a registered user sends a message to customer service, it can be seen in the Back End in prestashop at the below path.

Back End > Customers > Customer Service >

Now when the merchant sends a reply to that message from the above path by clicking on the message and selecting "contact.gifReply to this message"

The user receives a mail with the sent message.

The link sent in the mail seems to have the incorrect path. I get a page cannot be found.

Just that the word "prestashop" gets added between my site address and the remaining link.

If I remove the work "prestasop" and open it in a new browser it opens perfectly.

Reading the forum I found the 2 files which trigger these messages.

reply_msg.html

reply_msg.txt

I need to remove the word 'prestashop' and as I look inside those above 2 files, to edit the same, it just says {Link} instead of an entire path which I can edit.

Where should I be looking to find the entire path of {Link} translation to make the correction.

or

What's the right approach to have the word 'prestashop' edited out from the auto generated link in the reply message ?

Thanks again for reading my long post and hoping to receive a positive response as time permits :)

Nearly forgot : The version of Prestashop I am running : 1.5.6.2

Edited by prestashopuser01 (see edit history)

Actually, it's really weird that you have the work 'prestashop' in either of those files. I just had a look at my blank 1.5.6.2 and it's not there! Is yours an upgraded version? Are you referring to 'powered by prestashop'?

In any case, {link} is defined in AdminCustomerThreadsCOntroller.php, line 402

$params = array(
'{reply}' => Tools::nl2br(Tools::getValue('reply_message')),
'{link}' => Tools::url(
$this->context->link->getPageLink('contact', true),
'id_customer_thread='.(int)$ct->id.'&token='.$ct->token
),
);

Oh Its my Bad !!! Poor Explanation I guess.

Let me explain further.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Okay so when a registered customer sends an enquiry using the contact form from the front end web, we receive the message and can see the same in the Back End : Customers > Customer Service >

I can now click on the message and select the radio button "contact.gifReply to this message"

Now I type in my reply and send it.

The user then receives an e-mail with our reply.

Mail pasted below :

Dear Customer,

Testing

Regards,
Customer service

Please do not reply to this message, we will not receive it.

In order to reply, please use the following link: http://www.websitename.com/prestashop/en/contact-us?id_customer_thread=3&token=68mT0ozM70Wx

When we click the above link it gives page cannot be displayed.

If you see the link it has the word 'Prestashop' right after the websitename in the reply link path.

If I remove the word Prestashop it opens the correct path.

I have no clue why its bringing up the wrong path.

So ideally the path is correct with the word 'prestashop' edited out.

That's what I am trying to achieve.

Any help in achieving the same will be highly appreciated.

Thanks for pointing out the path to "{link} is defined in AdminCustomerThreadsCOntroller.php, line 402"

I thought the lines in the path could be edited out to correct the issue I am facing.

But from the output you pasted, I wouldn't even try to make changes as I have no clue how the scripts work.

• 1 year later...