Linked Orders

Hi

I want to find out what is a Linked Order and how do you create one? I have ended up in a similar situation as described in the link below:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21423041/what-is-linked-orders-in-prestashop

I have tried to search for this but could not find anything useful except for some code in the template files which checks for a Linked Order and sets the header text to Linked Order.

Thanks

---

PS: more than 10 days and no responses, someone must know here please?

Edited by sttaq (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

My site too has begun creating these "linked orders" for no reason.    It seems to be taking new items and placing them on an identical invoice, then adding #2 to the end.    It appears as though it is charging our customers twice for shipping as well.

I did a search looking for answers and this was the only thread I could find.

Nobody seems to have any idea what is going on, and there is zero documentation regarding "linked orders", this is pretty pathetic.

• Like 1

It is surprising that I have not had a response on this post yet. This is a mysterious feature in PS and they don't care to document it. Luckily for my this does not happen frequently. I hope someone help us understanding these Linked Order.

• 6 months later...

I've just answered on stackoverflow (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21423041/what-is-linked-orders-in-prestashop) : 

An order is splitted when you have products that one carrier can't deliver them all by himself.

If you need two or more carriers to deliver all products, Prestashop create two linked orders. You can then generate a delivery pdf (sorry don't know how it this document called exactly in english) for each carrier.

By the way, be carefull at the moment (PS 1.6.0.14) seems to be a bug on total paid amount when the order is splitted in 3 "sub-orders" or more.

Edited by SamXIV (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...
On 5/19/2015 at 10:26 PM, SamXIV said:

I've just answered on stackoverflow (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21423041/what-is-linked-orders-in-prestashop) : 

An order is splitted when you have products that one carrier can't deliver them all by himself.

If you need two or more carriers to deliver all products, Prestashop create two linked orders. You can then generate a delivery pdf (sorry don't know how it this document called exactly in english) for each carrier.

By the way, be carefull at the moment (PS 1.6.0.14) seems to be a bug on total paid amount when the order is splitted in 3 "sub-orders" or more.

Not true in my case, my all products are available for all carriers without any exception and still it happened today. It is PS 1.6.1.1