homeFeatured products bug

sanl

How to fix this home featured products bug?

I was able to choose: popular products or new products but now homeFeatured module show both together...

I tryed to update and reboot modules: home featured, popular and new products but result is the same. 

post-397660-0-03254900-1398268682_thumb.png

I also had this problem

Sometimes I would open my home page and both the "Best Sellers" and "Popular" were highlighted.

When I clicked on the "New Arrivals", I would get my 8 new products and underneath, the popular items.

I have changed it back to show only 4 items and it seems to be OK.   Will report back if the problem arises again.

I have the same problem. I have New Products Block, Featured products on the Homepage, and Top-sellers block, and when I access the Homepage, I have first and third block selected, and I also get one product displayed twice. However, if I click on popular, and then on New Products, I get less products and no duplicated products. I checked all three blocks, and there may be an error when assigning the active boolean value in:

{counter name=active_li assign=active_li}
<li{if $active_li == 1} class="active"{/if}>

How can we fix it?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I did a couple things to solve other issues and now it seems to have solved this problem as well. This is what I did:

I entered debugging mode by setting define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false); to true in config>defini.inc.php and I got the same error messages as in this thread: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/297351-error-rijndael-key-assumed-rijndael-key/ I solved this error by adding the comma's like El Patron suggested in the second post.

Also I turned smart cache for css on. It took a while to get this working, but it does now.

And since this morning all the home tabs seem to be working. It is still a short timespan to be sure, but hopefully this is it.

Let me know if any of this works for you.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I did a couple things to solve other issues and now it seems to have solved this problem as well. This is what I did:

I entered debugging mode by setting define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false); to true in config>defini.inc.php and I got the same error messages as in this thread: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/297351-error-rijndael-key-assumed-rijndael-key/ I solved this error by adding the comma's like El Patron suggested in the second post.

Also I turned smart cache for css on. It took a while to get this working, but it does now.

And since this morning all the home tabs seem to be working. It is still a short timespan to be sure, but hopefully this is it.

Let me know if any of this works for you.

I have the same problem. Can you tell me please the axact code that you changed? And the file contained. And did you face other problems cause of that change that el patron mention? You are using 1.6 after update or is the original installation? Thanks in advance.

Edited by gergos (see edit history)

I got the New Products and Popular tabs working by uninstalling, installing, and resetting in a sequence. Never could get the Best Sellers to work with this sequence.

I updated to 1.6.0.7 since it had a module update for Best Sellers and now all the tabs are working just fine. Have been for a few days now.

• 2 months later...