Have PS 1.4.7.3 shop, can I fresh install PS 1.6 and export select data?

peanut

Hi all

I have an existing PS 1.4.7.3 however I'm not happy with it coz it has lots of errors and very slow. I plan to do a fresh install once 1.6 releases and only want to export selected data from my old store. Like customers, orders, vouchers, some products. Is there a clean and easy way of doing this?

Thanks in advance. 

I would first update your existing store to Prestashop 1.6. Prestashop 1.6 has some export features (haven't tried them out yet but maybe worth a try). Then you could export your customers, orders etc. as csv file and import them in a fresh installation. I think it is better if your export file is from a 1.6 installation which has the most recent database structure. I wouldn't trust in prestashop 1.4 data being compatible with prestashop 1.6

You can't, due to the different database structure. You might achieve something if you know sql as prestamax said, but this involves modifying the sql export after the update so that fields match up :) But you will have to create data for a certain number of previously missing tables too, so it's worth trying the 1.4 > 1.5 update first, then 1.5 to 1.6

thank u but I want to avoid any upgrade or connection to my old store. that's how terrible it is and I want to start fresh! Maybe I will need to do something about the data manually. I welcome any help on this! Thanks