Order validation very slow

Order validation very slow, it is same on bank wire or on cod payment.

Please see attached screen from chrome network capturing. Maybe it's related with 302 response answer (moved permamently)?

Or other sugestions?

Shop runing on pro hosting. SSL enabled. Data mining disabled. 1.5.6.2 vesrion.post-619384-0-94061300-1393779820_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

I concur, sending emails to a remote SMTP server is likely the cause.  Especially if the SMTP server is using TLS or SSL to secure the connection, each email is likely 5-10 seconds to send.  If 2 emails are sent (order confirmation and payment accepted) you could be at 20 seconds.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I just disabled the email alert on "Payment accepted", my clients are now only getting the order confirmation email.  It seems that my order confirmation is is now taking 16 seconds (better but still horribly slow!) to load /order-confirmation page.

I'm on 1.6.0.13 processing with PayPal and Braintree modules, same result.  If there's  anything else I can do to improve this load time I would appreciate it as I have had clients click away from the processing shopping cart resulting in orders with missing invoices.

Thanks,

I think it just depends on your remote server latency, there is little you can do

I need to add that I'm using PHP mail and other pages on my website process rather fast.  During testing all credit card error transactions return within a second.  But only good transactions where invoice/email processing occurs the load time goes beyond acceptable levels.

But even using php mail, you could be indirectly using a remote SMTP server, it all depends on how PHP is configured to execute mail.  It seems apparent in this case that sending emails is the culprit, but to prove it you could disable the sending of emails in Advanced Parameters > Email in the back office (never send emails option) and then place a good order.  If the order is created quickly then you know emails are the culprit

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I have the same problem PS 1.6.1.1 have been searching for solution for long time, tried everything but the problem is still there. order confirmation take very long time. PLEASE PLEASE someone help for this issue.

from my searching in different forums and topics,I tried the following but the problem still there:

Disabling emails, commenting the Hook::exec('actionValidateOrder' , changing the PHP versions, NOTHING WORKED. I am using the Universal Payment Module

• 6 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi all.

I am using 1.7.8.2. and resend confirmation email to 3 emails (set up in PaymentModule.php). Now validation is around 15-20s. When disable emails in BO => 2-3s. 

Unfortunately I use SMTP which is another server than eshop. 

So this works.