Problem with fontawesome

prestamax

If I use icon-classes no icon appears.
The most current version of fontawesome which is compatible with bo otstrap 3 is using fa- classes.

But no matter which class I am using I don't get any icons. What am I doing wrong?

P.S. It was hard work posting this topic ... "bo otstrap" seems to be a banned word and I couldn't post this topic and was redirected to the prestashop frontpage. I had to break the word in two parts in order to being able to post about it ... so please don't wonder if bo otstrap is looking a bit strange ;)

I think you might have tried to mention it too many times...

I used the word bootstrap only once. It seems to make a difference if you post an answer or a new topic. I just tried again ... posting a new topic containing the word bootstraps throws me out of the forum right to the frontpage ... I don't even need to post it ... preview alone is enough to be thrown out ... ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If I use icon-classes no icon appears.

The most current version of fontawesome which is compatible with bo otstrap 3 is using fa- classes.

But no matter which class I am using I don't get any icons. What am I doing wrong?

P.S. It was hard work posting this topic ... "bo otstrap" seems to be a banned word and I couldn't post this topic and was redirected to the prestashop frontpage. I had to break the word in two parts in order to being able to post about it ... so please don't wonder if bo otstrap is looking a bit strange ;)

Bootstrap :)

Hello Xavier, i can't use it too (bo ot str ap word)

bootstrap is working, but not "Boot_strap" (without the "_")

Sorry seem you guys are out of topic which focus on the "BOOTSTRAP".

I face same problem on the fontawesome.

i try to have a camera icon for my product "Test Product", however the camera doesn't show.

My test product page:

http://itistime.asia/home/1-test-product.html

my code for description is  below:

<p><i class="fa fa-camera-retro fa-5x"></i> fa-camera-retro</p>

Should I enable something prior using fontawesome?

Edited by WSH90 (see edit history)

your tinymce editor removed <i> tags.

you have to extend it to accept unaccepted by default tags.

Thanks for your reply. I will look into this.

I found 2 tutorial for Prestashop 1.6 to active FontAwesome for our text editor. Both work on me (Prestashop 1.6.0.6):

1.Use FontAwesome with Prestashop 1.6

i) Easy, add FontAwesome icons with a simple click of the "Flag" button

2.Extended tinyMCE rich text editor in Prestashop 1.6

i) This require a little bit of coding skills compare to 1st one. I use source code to type those icons

ii) You may find the code for FontAwesome icons from here. Please note that Prestashop 1.6 is using old version of FontAwesome, Fontawesome 4.0.3 might not work properly

iii) Except of the FontAwesome, this way fully enhance the text editor with font-family, font-size, special character with few clicks!

The solution above are using FontAwesome 3.2.1, please refer this link for the usage of the icons.

Lastly, thanks vekia and BlobMarket for their effort =)

Update July 12, 2014:

While reviewing the first option (Using FontAwesome with Prestashop 1.6) above, I found that this project is forked from another contributor / author, josh18 on github, and josh18 have updated to support FontAwesome 4.1 (more icons!)

Procedure as below:

1. BACK UP!
  2. Download zip from the link by pressing "Download ZIP" button
  3. Extract the downloaded ZIP and upload the "FontAwesome" folder to /js/tiny_mce/plugins
  4. open js/tinymce.inc.js and replace the "content_css: '//netdna.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/3.2.1/css/font-awesome.min.css'," to "content_css: '//maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/font-awesome/4.1.0/css/font-awesome.min.css" rel="stylesheet',"
  5. Clear your browser cache

As this method make uses of FontAwesome 4.1, please refer this link for the usage of icons

post-782827-0-77691300-1405141231_thumb.jpg

As screenshot, the icons are now categorized

Edited by WSH90 (see edit history)
  • Like 3