[Solved] Error uploading products images in PS 1.5.6.1

Hi,

I have freshly installed Prestashop 1.5.6.1 version on localhost as well as my shared hosting with network solutions.

Almost everything seems fine. I'm still checking it. But one thing i found out is I can't upload images to products either way.

Whether I try to upload products through CSV or create a new product through back office.

I tried to do some research but nothing comes up which can work for me. I can only upload images of maximum size upto 30kb that's really small.

All I see is "An error occurred while copying the image."

Directory permissions - checked as 777 recursive.

Any help or advice will surely be helpful.

Thanks

Edited by mostwanted (see edit history)

There is a chance 777 is too high, can you try with  755?

Do you know if there is an upload size restriction on the server?

And, go to preferences, images, and check the maximum product image allowed size ;)

Hi Nemo,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I just changed permissions recursively on img directory to 755. Also, checked the max product image size in preferences, it is set to 8MB.

I can upload banners of even bigger sizes through banner modules so i guess server restriction shouldn't be there.

Please note that i can upload product images upto 30kb but not above that.

Any other suggestions please??

Thanks

I have the same problem, see http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/302726-product-image-upload-error-prestashop-156/ . On localhost it works fine. When I try to upload image to product on webhosting shop it displays the same error. I tried it with 24KB file but the result is still same...

I noticed that there is no problem with uploading other images like logo or categories images. I had similar problem during instalation (step copying sample images of iPods) when displayed "can´t copy images"...

But I don´t have any solution.... My shop is still stopped...

Hi,

I couldn't find the solution yet. So I decided to do it all again. In the meanwhile I found out another issue with my prestashop i.e. I can't delete products as well.

Everytime I try to delete any product, I sees an error "An error occurred while deleting this selection.

It is getting interesting now. I'm just giving one more try with another installation. Although my previous installation completed quite undisturbed.

If anyone has any suggestions for me, please rply.

:) Thanks

Hi tommy01

thanks for the update. I tried updating my prestashop too. It didn't upgrade, stuck in middle with some ajax error.

So I tried fresh installation of version 1.5.6.2, now I can upload upto 350kb but not more than that.

Also, now I see an "undefined" error while uploading images of size more than 350kb.

Anyone got update???

Thanks

I guess I now get the exact thing which is happening here with me. I'm looking around for any probable solutions to my problems and now realized that it is a image resolution problem.

Yes, I have realized that I can upload a maximum of 900x1200 resolution of images regardless of size...

But I seriously need to upload much higher resolution. Can anyone please help me with this??

How can I make prestashop accept higher resolution images...my main target is 920x1380 image size. 

If anyone have any suggestions, that will be helpful.

Reply soon!

Hey Guys,

I just figured out my solution. There were some php.ini settings which were disturbing execution although it was strange to see as I can upload bigger images on banners etc.

Anyways, I just figured out the solution.

For anyone seeing same error in image upload, please be sure to check your php.ini settings to allow uploads, max executions timings etc.

I found help on this link:

http://www.prestatraining.com/12-tips-to-optimise-your-php-ini-file-for-prestashop/

After that you should check your directory permission settings to be 755 or 777. Also, go to preferences, images, and check the maximum product image allowed size

Thanks tommy01 & nemo. You guys really helped. thank you so much

• 1 month later...

Hi Kouros,

Have you checked your server configurations as well?

yes, the server supports uploading 32 mb and directory permission settings is 777

in backoffice size of uploading image 8388608 bites (by default), it is more than 8 mb, buth the image more than 350 bites do not loaded...

yes, the server supports uploading 32 mb and directory permission settings is 777

in backoffice size of uploading image 8388608 bites (by default), it is more than 8 mb, buth the image more than 350 bites do not loaded...

As Suggested to me by @Nemo: There is a chance 777 is too high, can you try with  755? Also check you server settings for max execution time. There's a chance too.

As Suggested to me by @Nemo: There is a chance 777 is too high, can you try with  755? Also check you server settings for max execution time. There's a chance too.

No, does not work. Now when loading window appears with a question mark. In the IMG folder is no picture. in frontoffise also a question mark.

No, does not work. Now when loading window appears with a question mark. In the IMG folder is no picture. in frontoffise also a question mark.

Have you set permissions recursive? It seems prestashop can't write images to your directory.

check and ensure the atleast 755 permission specifically for img/p directory. I would suggest to set recursive 755, same will be set to all inner directories as well.

Have you set permissions recursive? It seems prestashop can't write images to your directory.

check and ensure the atleast 755 permission specifically for img/p directory. I would suggest to set recursive 755, same will be set to all inner directories as well.

I did everything as you said, now Prestа says "error while copying the image." images up to 350 b loaded without problems ...

I did everything as you said, now Prestа says "error while copying the image." images up to 350 b loaded without problems ...

These were the most possible reasons for error of this kind. To check specific error details, 

1. Log into your hosting admin dashboard, control panel, SSH, or FTP client.
  2. Navigate to the PrestaShop 1.5 root folder.
  3. From there, navigate the path /config/defines.inc.php
  4. Open up the defines.inc.php file in your preferred text editor.
  5. Find the line of code that reads "define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);"  This is line 39 by default as of PrestaShop 1.5.6
  6. Change it to read "define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);"
  7. Save the config.inc.php file back to the path, overwriting the existing file if needed.
  8. NOTE: Be sure to turn it back off once you do not need it, this is for troubleshooting only!

These were the most possible reasons for error of this kind. To check specific error details, 

5. Find the line of code that reads "define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);"  This is line 39 by default as of PrestaShop 1.5.6
  7. Save the config.inc.php file back to the path, overwriting the existing file if needed.
  8. NOTE: Be sure to turn it back off once you do not need it, this is for troubleshooting only!

did as you said

Strict Standards: Declaration of FrontController::displayHeader() should be compatible with FrontControllerCore::displayHeader($display = true) in/home/u6787/mayakestate.ru/www/classes/Autoload.php on line 110

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/u6787/mayakestate.ru/www/classes/Autoload.php:110) in/home/u6787/mayakestate.ru/www/classes/controller/FrontController.php on line 639

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/u6787/mayakestate.ru/www/classes/Autoload.php:110) in/home/u6787/mayakestate.ru/www/classes/controller/FrontController.php on line 640

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/u6787/mayakestate.ru/www/classes/Autoload.php:110) in/home/u6787/mayakestate.ru/www/classes/Tools.php on line 130

• 2 years later...

I am having the same problem exactly over 130 kb product images in 1.6 

Have checked all the ini.php stuff and settings. I know that this is a while back but did you ever manage to find a solution on this?