Product with thousands of combinations

Sorry if this is the wrong place, I'm new here and to Prestashop. 

I have a product that I want to add that can be heavily customised. I tried using the combinations generator but it's working out at over 150,000 combinations (I've more to add I just gave up and came here once it got to that number) and I don't want to go through adding a price to each individual combination.

I'm hoping there's a module that will make it easier for me to make this product with all it's combinations, I'm moving over from Virtuemart and that had a much easier way of adding combinations as you put in the price differences when making the variations. 

I have a similar problem. I would like to allow my customers to select 12 bottles from the complete list of wine in the shop to mix their own box . I therefore need need to create more combinations than my shop can handle (12 groups (bottles) with more than 50 values (wines) each). Any ideas on how I can work around this problems?

I'm kind of stuck here, is there anywhere I can get advice on modules like this? Is this not the right place to ask. I don't want to have to abandon my work to date to find shopping cart software that will allow me to do what I want. 

• 4 weeks later...

Check out http://www.presto-changeo.com/en/attribute-modules/34-attribute-wizard-pro.html

The module was designed specifically for sites that require a very large number of attributes.

It changes the way combinations are structured, and requires far less of them.

My site is soooooo slow and unorganised because i have so many combinations and its not really in a logical format. So glad i found this. will give it a go.

• 5 months later...

If you host the site on a server that has a good amount of power you can do 3k combo's with the stock prestashop combinations. But as for your question with the module, I have a shop using it with almost a trillion combinations per product. There really isn't a limit on combos when using it. 

If you host the site on a server that has a good amount of power you can do 3k combo's with the stock prestashop combinations. But as for your question with the module, I have a shop using it with almost a trillion combinations per product. There really isn't a limit on combos when using it. 

Thank you very much Colleague

The limit of total combinations per product does not change with our module, instead, the structure of the combination is changed, and requires far less actual combinations, and therefor a yet to be reached limit of attributes per product.