Do you need simple ordering process?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you need simple ordering process?

• Yes, definitely!
    • It would be beneficial
    • Default ordering is fine for me
    • No!

Hallo prestashopers, developers, merchants, ladys and gents!

My custopers everyday send to me information for problems with they orders. Many of them have problem with confirming orders in order process page. Just dont see final order step or when see one page chekout with 50 fils just live they sopping cards.

Thats is problem to me and many more merchants arown the world. For me like merchant of litte store i don`t need all time consuming ordering process. I have need onepage chekout with little filds and buttons. 

Many online stores that use presta have the same problem like me because they goods is one time selling for months or year for one customer! This customer just don`t have need to register.

Why developers of presta close eyes for that problem? Many developers sell modules for onepagechekout and diffrent card modules but noting free. Why prestashop have 2 diffrent ways for order but all of them are to laggy and time consuming for customers?

Everyone want to make money, but fundamental in presta is FREE. I dont want to buy module for that reason, ordering process need to be simple and complex for diffrent shops.

All these thoughts are to make presta society ceased to think on a serious problem.

I`m from Bulgaria and want to ask a developer of good will to develop a module to solve the problem, because I do not believe prestashop developers will take this toppic under consideration.

This is my vision for simple one page order page. I forgot payment methods in picture.

I want to achieve, the outcome of the photo and you'll be glad of any help to teach other marketers how to make the ordering process easier.

Excuse me for my bad english.

I`m open for any ideas for this project?

post-335617-0-43388900-1389350534_thumb.png

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OPC is almost ok, but there is still place for improvements.

For example method of counting costs of delivery and payment options. If it's linked with country id, Presta should go with default value so customer do not need to save address first (it's unintuitive).

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello detelin, 

I absolutely agree with you. 

I have improved upon or even simplified the default checkout in many ways for my customers. I can see how this has been an improvement. I'm about to recreate a completely new checkout with many experiences made over that time applied to it. 

However, this is a lot of work and requires a lot of changes, not to mention a lot of time!

I think developers don't have a problem with doing it. 

Can I ask you a question? 

Do you want to profit from the slimmer checkout and make more profit and sales by having better conversion rates? Then why is it such a problem for you to pay for such a solution, if you'll profit from it? Why should a developer not be paid for doing something good to your shop too?

If you can give me a really good reason for it, I will consider offering such a checkout to you. 

Best greetings,

Dimitri

Edited by innovacy (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Everyone want to make money, but fundamental in presta is FREE. I dont want to buy module for that reason, ordering process need to be simple and complex for diffrent shops.

developers need to eat too.  most probably have kids that need new shoes soon.  So the only ones that should make money would be you? :)

As for topic OPC, 

5 step, it's there from the old days...

one step, captures the information on one page what is required for payment and shipping.  So unless you a 'one click purchase' method that will realize automatically customer info...then all will is lost, because that is where we are now especially on mobile...click/done/ding dong you have delivery.  Not to have this feature, one will go out of business in short order.

my three cents.

One needs to take money in the hand to make money.

Prestashop might be "free", but running a serious store and business usually is not. Hosting, Marketing, Phone, the goods, packaging and delivery, payment sevices... it all usually costs. Even your time should have a price tag, even if most people think their time is free.

If the free is not good enough for you, you can't expect the better one to be always also free. Quality, features and service costs too.

• Like 1