[SOLVED] Customers Can't Order HELP!

Hi everyone,

Got prestashop installed and it looks awesome.

Just one pretty big problem:

When I login and order, I have no problem. I made the first (and only) order until now. However if my girlfriend (I live in Belgium, she lives in Hungary) tries to order, suddenly there are no shipping costs, no possibilities to choose a carrier and no way to pay (bad for business). Now when I login with her account in Belgium: the first time I encounter the same problem. But when I delete the item in the cart, re-order a random product for the second time, everything does seem to work. 

Some friends here in Belgium seem to have the same problem. Even when logging in, they can't finish and pay the order. So It's not a locational thing I guess? 

You can try yourselves at www.petikor.com. If anyone sees what the problem is here, I'd be very happy. Since it looks pretty random to me, little consistency, I would not know where to begin looking. 

THANKS!!!

PS It's the standard free theme on which I only modified the cart module (downloaded here somewhere) so it doesn't show shipping immediately. and i added a paypal module.

Steven

Well.. I just asked my brother to register (same town). A new problem popped up. He can't even register, it said: This country needs a state. When I eg. did not have this error. And it says nowhere for Belgium that this is needed. 

I deleted the zone Benelux  just to make sure, it's not the culprit but it still gave him the exact same error. 

Is it possible that somewhere down the road a file got corrupted or sth? Since the problems are changing... does not make much sense for me... 

Hmm.. okay... Strange. I'm 100% sure that when defining Belgium it was set on 'not' containing states. Because how else would I have been able to register (as well as my belgian friends). So for some reason... it decided to change to 'yes'? Without me touching it.. Anyway I changed it back.. So now my brother could register. But the same problem occurred. "No carriers available" and therefor also no payment possible. 

BUT if he then deletes the product from his cart and adds again a random product, suddenly it does appear! 

So the first time, it does not want to work...

Well, I tested it on another computer and there it seemed to be okay now. 

Hopefully it stays that way. However my girlfriend from Hungary had the same issue and there were no states there (just double checked). 

But I'll try from another country again and check tonight with my friends in Belgium whether they still have problems. 

If all is good, I thank you already very much.. Sorry for the bother :-) 

If not okay, I'll reply here later!

THANKS!!

Hi Nemo1:

So I went to my friends and tried it again.. Unfortunately.. it does not work like I want it to work. As usual, the first time a user registers (ie. puts sth in the cart and actually tries to buy it and therefor giving an address etc..) he will get an error message that there is no carrier available. Then deleting the chosen product, re-adding it and then you can order it. 

That is apparently the way it goes. 

Now even with his 'old' account (he made when he registered the first time) he got the same error. 

Then he deleted the product, went to the product site, where there is an immediate chackout paypal button. He took this one and suddenly on Paypal there was product plus shipping. (as it should)

Then he bought it. Tried to buy a shirt again and suddenly the carrier error re-appeared. 

You can try it yourself on petikor.com and see for yourself.. i reckon chances are big that you will get the same error... 

At this stage I am thinking of deleting the whole thing and re-installing everything piece by piece... Unless you have another solution?

Thanks