upgradeDb error from 1.5.6.0 to 1.5.6.1

Hi there!

I'm trying to upgrade prestashop 1.5.6.0 to 1.5.6.1 (stable) through 1-click upgrade module.

The Server is an IIS 7.5 with PHP and MariaDB.

The process upgrade the files and show "all files are upgraded" message but gives me an error trying to upgrade the database.

Ajax / Server Error for action upgradeDb] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:"Internal Server Error " jqXHR: " "

There's no error on the php_errors.log.

Any clue? How can force to prestashop to give me more information about what's happening?

Thanks in advance,

Jose I. Merino

is there a proper fix for this???

Telling users to check server logs and php logs is a BS request.  A lot of users are on shared hosting and cannot see the logs.

For a product that has been around for some time, we should be able to get a better response from devs, also the update sequence is a little lame...errors here, errors there.

Auto update gives the following: Ajax / Server Error for action upgradeDb] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:"Internal Server Error " jqXHR: " "

From local tells us install\upgrade\php   does not exist in archive or directory when clearly it does exist

Edited by faceplant (see edit history)

There's no timeout (the error appears instantly) and there's no error on php_error.log. The server limitation isn't a problem: the server is dedicated.

I've tried to upgrade manually launching upgrade.php but gives me the error settings.inc.php doesn't exists (that's weird because prestashop has been working fine).

I've tried to set the debug on defines.inc.php but the copy of the files overrides the defines.inc.php file (setting the debug to off) but seems that the console debug doesn't have any effect on the upgrade script.

Those tests destroy the shop. I'm trying to restore from a backup to reproduce the error and see the ajax response from the network option in Chrome.