Super Admin user vanished, cannot gain access at all

Hi,

I have a very strange situation here. The customer of the website in question raised a query with me yesterday regarding the order confirmation email address so to check which email the store was sending to I attempted to login with my master super admin access (which I'd done successfully before).

Kept getting a message saying user doesn't exist but I was for sure using the correct login. So I tried to login with the customer's login and it worked fine. The problem with her login is that I had restricted view of a lot of modules to make the admin more simpler for her so I can only see things like orders and products etc.

Having a look online I attempted to manually create my admin user as this was not showing in the ps_employee table. I set a username, password using MD5 hash and selected the profile ID as 1 (although I have no idea if this is even correct). It created the table successfully but I can't login with this either.

I cannot find anything online to help me with this and I don't have a recent back up. Can anyone please advise how I can once again get into the main admin to see all modules etc?

Your help is much appreciated thanks

Edited by atomicdev (see edit history)

there were a couple of issues

1) The database being used had 2 sets of PS tables (ps_ and ps_another).  The OP was trying to manually update the wrong set of tables

2) the Admin profile permissions were altered and "view" access to many of the back office pages were removed.  The fix was to update those access entries so view permissions were restored to a value of 1

• Like 1