Prestashop 1.6.0.2 Testing Issues

tdr170

Testing of 1.6.0.2 issues.

The biggest and I think an important one is the theme is completely incompatible with IE8, the page is 100% screen width. (I mean everything even each individual product on home page)

BO:

Perfomance - If you enable minify html the FO New arrivals Popular and Best sellers disappears, the menu block remains but does nothing.

Cart Block - If you turn off Ajax you can not turn back on must be reset to re-activate. Also with ajax off the add to cart button does not function in FO.

Categories - When adding a category it is not automatically added to the Top Menu, it is showing in the configuration area and you can add it manually.   

Products - For what ever reason I have noticed this in the last few versions I tested, on the prices page the tax is set by default to US-Al (4%) instead of no tax.

Products - The Image upload page will not load at all the two spinning arrows at top of page just spin forever and no other links work, the only way out is to click on the main menu items.

Products, Combinations - The add new combination button does nothing the only way to add a new attribute is with the Product combination generator.

Products - There is no way to move products up or down in the list for me this is a necessity in that my products in any category are listed by part number and I am always adding new parts, These new parts then need to be moved into position.

Home Editorial - Once again the image does not show in the configuration area but the Ipods are on the FO home page. This module also needs some more hooks added as once installed it can only be positioned at the bottom of the page.

Modules - Bloc devises ? still in French

Paypal USA, Canada & Mexico - When completing shopping and clicking pay with PayPal the way the prices are passed to Paypal causes tax to be added twice, I found that removing lines 55-57 of standard.tpl fixes this issue. I have previously posted this fix here on the forum in the Paypal section.

modules/paypalusa/views/templates/hooks/standard.tpl (remove lines below)

{if $paypal_usa_total_tax}
   <input type="hidden" name="tax_cart" value="{$paypal_usa_total_tax|floatval}" />
  {/if}

CMS block - when editing the CMS block I found that there are two save buttons the top appears to be to save the right or left column blocks and the bottom appears to save the footer CMS content but the bottom save button does nothing and the top save button saves all.

Theme Configurator - This may be the norm but I thought it may be worth mentioning, if you uninstall the module then re-install the demo images are actually deleted from the modules images folder so the FO just shows question marks.

Merchant Expertise/ gamification - Still causes SSL to break if installed, there also seems to be an issue with Stripe and the Google fonts.

BO Product Options - Display discounted price seems to do nothing no matter which way I have this it always shows the % discount and the old strike through price.

Tax Rules - I can not edit any tax rules as I get the message id-tax required (set to no) when trying to save and no changes are made. 

FO:

Contact Page - At the bottom of the contact page there are three banner blocks, these are hard coded onto the contact-form.tpl file ???????

Cart - I have the cart in the left column but there are some issues in that if you add a product the total price shows but not the product details, however if you refresh the page details show. To remove the product from the cart takes 2 clicks of the remove button one click and a page refresh.

Cart Block - Transplanting cart to left column and unhooking cart from header breaks the page, (even though the header cart still shows) The pop up  Continue shopping  text displays on the page.

Cart Block - The tax line does not show in the Header cart or Left column cart even with tax set to show in cart, I was able to change this by changing one line in the blockcart.php file.

Change this:  $useTax = !($taxCalculationMethod == PS_TAX_EXC);
To this:         $useTax = true; /*!($taxCalculationMethod == PS_TAX_EXC)*/;

This made the tax line show when hovering on the header cart but the tax price was to the left of the tax label.

I fixed the tax price display issue by adding  #cart_block #cart_block_tax_cost  at or around line 147 of the blockcart.css file.

Front Office HTTPS - This is still broken when visiting a SSL page.

Categories - I have now moved the categories block to the left column and it has some strange functions, when clicking on a category the menu changes and only shows that category.

The further you go into the sub directories the less the menu shows to the point where you click on a product the menu disappears entirely.

I was able to change this by loading the files of the categories block from 1.5.6  the menu functions like in 1.5 with + and - and always shows all categories.

Checkout Pages - Checkout Button says Proceed to checkout, this should probably be changed to Continue checkout. (I changed this by changing the text in the TPL files)

• Like 2

Categories - I have now moved the categories block to the left column and it has some strange functions, when clicking on a category the menu changes and only shows that category.

The further you go into the sub directories the less the menu shows to the point where you click on a product the menu disappears entirely.

Hey Tod,

Thanks for cleaning it up and putting it on the Forum. Here's the image you sent me regarding this issue quoted above.

post-360108-0-45932700-1388078215_thumb.jpg

Cart Block - Transplanting cart to left column and unhooking cart from header breaks the page, (even though the header cart still shows) The pop up Continue shopping text displays on the page. (Image 2)

Here is the Screenshot

post-360108-0-65515700-1388078378_thumb.jpg

Hey Tod,

Thanks for cleaning it up and putting it on the Forum. Here's the image you sent me regarding this issue quoted above.

attachicon.gifImage 3.jpg

Please note that is this image I have changed the categories block for the one shipped with 1.5.6, with this module the categories block is always shown as a full menu not the depreciated menu shipped with 1.6.0.2.

Thanks for the reply's.