[ASK] About Upgrading Prestashop V.1.1.0.5 to V.1.2.4

I Start building my webstore with prestashop v.1.1.0.5 (the latest version available at that time)

From Sept. 15, Prestashop Version 1.2.4 available

I need information based on experience about upgrading v1.1.0.5 to v.1.2.4, so i will have information about bugs, problem, error, etc ... before i start to upgrading my prestashop.

Thanks

I have tons of errors in 1.2.4, and prior my store have work perfect

Emails doesn't work, in my store prestashop doesn't send any mail to any client order or registration. I have checked the SMTP parameters but they are OK.

Also when someone make an order I cannot see the products he has ordered in the back office. See the pic.

I also had a problem with bank transfer payment, client cannot see the bank transfer account details, I install and reinstall the module five times until this was fixed.

My advice to you is do not upgrade

12400_QQRUDdwBaB1sEuuU0aD8_t

I have tons of errors in 1.2.4, and prior my store have work perfect

Emails doesn't work, in my store prestashop doesn't send any mail to any client order or registration. I have checked the SMTP parameters but they are OK.

Also when someone make an order I cannot see the products he has ordered in the back office. See the pic.

I also had a problem with bank transfer payment, client cannot see the bank transfer account details, I install and reinstall the module five times until this was fixed.

My advice to you is do not upgrade

I have no problems using 1.2.4, and I also upgraded, but not from the 1.1.0.5 version.

I can only suggest to make a copy of your current shop and do the upgrade then and test well before upgrading your live-shop.

@ first1 :
i already search & read, but i just want to know ... maybe someone had experienced upgrading v.1.1.0.5 to v.1.2.4 (exactly), so i can learn more better from her/him

@ jose27madrid :
I think you are not upgrading your prestashop from v.1.1.0.5 to v.1.2.4, but doing a fresh install.
Your problem describing above, sounds like ... just miss configuration or setting within your server also your prestashop file. But thank you for your information

@ TropischBruin :
Can you tell me what version you upgrading to, and what problem you have when upgrading your prestashop to v.1.2.4 ?
Yes You are right, all prestashoper must backup their database and file before they are make some modification, especially if they are Upgrading their prestashop Version :)

Well i'll wait for someone to share information according to thread topic, until the end of this week before i start to try upgrading my prestashop in localhost

Thank You

I didn't find any problem when upgrading.
But to use 1.2.4's search module ( front page ) after upgrade, you need create a dummy product and then delete it.
The dummy creation is to trigger the system to add search keyword list which will be written inside a search table.

Just to be sure.

What you need to do is make a backup and restore this on a local or differend server to perform a test migration before doing this on you live shop.

Important, before you start:

1. Make sure you disable Friendly urls and third-party modules.
2. Switch over to the original/default theme that comes with your version of PS.
3. Copy, just before the actual update, an empty .htaccess in the root of your site.

Upgrade from 1.1.0.5 (is this 1.1 Final?) to 1.2.4.0 Final in one go (do not (ever) use the beta releases).

You can find all versions: here.

How to upgrade can be read: here.

I didn't find any problem when upgrading.
But to use 1.2.4's search module ( front page ) after upgrade, you need create a dummy product and then delete it.
The dummy creation is to trigger the system to add search keyword list which will be written inside a search table.

My prestashop is already sell multiple product, and upgrading version won't delete the available product,
So ... Why need create dummy product ? :)

No, not about the products, but about search function.
The current search function use its own table to add some keywords related to product title, short description, and long description.
After you upgrade, you won't be able to use the search function without baiting it 1st with a dummy product....

No, not about the products, but about search function.
The current search function use its own table to add some keywords related to product title, short description, and long description.
After you upgrade, you won't be able to use the search function without baiting it 1st with a dummy product....

Ok, i'll check it when upgrading in localhost, Thank You

Just to be sure.

What you need to do is make a backup and restore this on a local or different server to perform a test migration before doing this on you live shop.

Upgrade from 1.1.0.5 (is this 1.1 Final?) to 1.2.4.0 Final in one go (do not use the beta release).

Make sure you disable Friendly urls and third-party modules.

You can find all versions: here.

How to upgrade can be read: here.

Norman, Are you saying that 1.2.4 cant work with friendly urls or third party modules? Or are you saying to disable then in current version until you have upgraded, then re-install third party modules and re-activate friendly urls?

Norman, Are you saying that 1.2.4 cant work with friendly urls or third party modules? Or are you saying to disable then in current version until you have upgraded, then re-install third party modules and re-activate friendly urls?

That's what I'm saying.

Also: copy just before the actual update an empty .htaccess in the root of your site.

That's what I'm saying.

Also: copy just before the actual update an empty .htaccess in the root of your site.

Thanks Norman!

hemmm ...
I start upgrading process in localhost today.
In the end off upgrade prcess ... some errors detected on mysql
And when i go to front office ... my prestashop looks terrible
But ... Back office is Normal !

generate htaccess then copy-paste the old htaccess file, done

but my new prestashop still look terrible ... (attached image)

any suggestion ?

12691_BOHc3Gg0ntjGFhNsGpnp_t

12692_QWTMkKYAw5k7MMVB07hY_t

There is a problem with your Thema, it looks like the css (and more) file is missing.

Did you use the default theme?

I use default themes.
Already try reupload themes folder (copy-paste) ... but no luck

now ... i'll try to upgrade a fresh Prestashop V.1.1.05 to v.1.2.4.0 (not my real prestahop to v.1.2.4.0)

all process is in localhost with xampp

......................................... Edit

Upgrading Freash Prestashop V.1.1.0.5 to V.1.2.4.0 Done.
but front office still look terrible !!!

And you know what .... this problem is coming up .... because of init.php file
Replace the new init.php file (from presta V.1.2.4.0) with old init.php file (from presta V.1.1.0.5) and your front office will look normal.

BUT there is a huge problem within this upgrade process! (I think ...)

All link in module (on left column, center colum/homefeatured, & right column) turn to be a wrong url ... ...
example :
Accessories link in categories module turn to be
http://localhost/1105/_PS_BASE_URL_/1105/category.php?id_category=3

See the red bold text above ...

Well ... all the problem i describing above is the reason why i creating this thread
Unfortunately there is no one, was upgrading Prestashop V.1.1.0.5 (is the final version of Prestashop V.1.1) to Prestashop V.1.2.4.0

to be continued ...

Uhh... inside your setting.inc.php.

define('__PS_BASE_URI__', '');

That line, do you already set the correct url ?
I meant, if you use directory should filled with // .
Or try to filled it with //

:) :)

No Problem with that ...
Already set correctly

So the Problem is in the other file or configuration.

Please take a look again my last post (link that i Marked Red bold)
You should now ... that my directory is in ... /1105/ ...

....................... EDIT ......................

The Problem is Solved !!! tonight ... :)

Open File link.php > Find this text & Delete All: _PS_BASE_URL_.
!!! ATTENTION TO THE DOT ABOVE !!!

But I Found a New Problem ... My Language (Indonesia) doesn't work in Front office, and if I check in backoffice > catalog, All Indonesian lang data is missing :(

Huuuuh ... So Much Problem, and I hope some body .... can help me to fix this Language problem.

To Be Continued ... ... ...

Did you already reinstall language pack ? ( from this prestashop web )
If you already have, probably you need to change your language id inside your database.
Look into your database.
Find table with the name lang.
Open it, if you already create your language and restore the language pack... well you need to look at the id_lang column.
Look at the number, memorize it, now look at your other table named product_lang.
1 is the usual default for english, while other is probably your language.

Return to table lang, switch its id_lang with the correct number. Should do the trick...

Hi, i'm just test upgrade my Presta from prior version 1.1.0.5 to 1.2.4 on localhost.

server environment
- Apache/2.2.13 (Win32)
- PHP/5.2.8
- MySQL 5.0.51a

upgrading process look good no critical error. just some SQL error in field length. then I login to backoffice..
- setting default Presta theme
- friendly URL rewrite is off.

This 's some serious occured. I'm trying to solved this and any further i'll post update again.

Order fail in bankwire payment : after make order confirmation in bankwire payment (I confirm my order). it's return error "Order creation failed" in modules/bankwire/validation.php

Solved : I just realize that I running apache test server on Window XP. then I try upgrade again on linux(Cent OS) with all new presta 1.2.4 package
except /img and config/settings.inc.php from backup then its works!

Image doesn't appear :
Solved : just disable friendly URL before upgrade
and in BO preference to activate Friendly URL click generate a .htaccess file to create new URL rewrite rule.. then all image cameback (with SEO keyword >_<)

Search not found : I try search for product even by exact product's name but "No results found".

Solved : login to BO admin Preference > Search Tab
I see... Indexed products: 0 / xxx. ahhh just -> Re-build entire index. yes! it 's became suggestion search box. I love this!

12891_3Xfx4AWbMeZo44MZYEQc_t

You're right fs_xyz , id Lang in database is the problem ... also The lang database it self

Now Language problem in backoffice is Solved !

But ... in front office is still Problem.
Eventhought i already click the lang icon module ... and the URL goes to http://localhost/1105/lang-id/.... (indonesian lang)
All text in Frontoffice still displayed in english

is this a bug of Presta V.1.2.4 ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Two solutions:
1] the Theme is incompatible between 1.1 (final) and 1.2.5 (final) you can, however, make it compatible by editing a switch in ps_configuration table with name PS_THEME_V11 - set value to 1
2] on the lang issue, if you had followed the upgrade process on presta's website you would have exported your language packs. Now that I assume you have prudently backed up your database, and previous implementation, go to your old Presta and export your language pack, then re-create it in the new version (by importing it). This should fix your language problem.