Setting default sizes on images

Alright, so i know how to set the default size for certain images and i did. I changed "default_home" from 124x124 to 180x180, i regenerated the images and i can see that my browser is caching and loading the 180x180 version of the image as well as browsing to the images on the server shows that the 180x180 images are there and are correct but the homefeatured module on the main page still loads at 124x124 even after clearing my cache and even trying a different browser and incognito mode.

the url is "removed"

i even went as far as changing the homefeatured.tpl file and manually set the width and height to 180, still shows 124x124 in the source.

its late and i'm probably overlooking something obvious but i just can't seem to spot it.

thank you for your help

Edited by tlman12 (see edit history)

I see that the images are indeed 180px x 180px

however the width / height is hardcoded to 124px 

you'll need to edit the code to remove this. And then make sure your tempaltes are recompiled (see performance section)

Go to the theme folder and see if you have homefeatured.tpl inside modules/homefeatured. If so, you must change this instead of the original

force recompile afterwards

That was it. That was the stupid thing I was over looking. Modified the tpl under the theme modules and it worked instantly. My only issue now is that for width and height it did have the variable {$homeSize.height} so why did it not see the global setting change I made? In theory I shouldn't have had to modify that right?

it's related to cache. homefeatured module uses caching system.

Your probably right. I put the {$homeSize.height} back into the file. The site is set to recompile if changed so it was probably fixed just by me modifying it the first time.

Just I case I cleared the cache as well.

Thank you