Any My Account Sidebar Listing Block ?

Hi,

I'm still reviewing Prestashop for its usability. While playing around, I couldn't find the My Account Sidebar Listing Block, only the My Account block (on page header) & My Account Footer's Block (on footer). I'd like to have a My Account Sidebar Listing Block like Magento & Opencart as shown below. I don't have much time to delve further into Prestashop at this moment but the 1st impression on my mind is Prestashop is very primitive in Front-end UI & UX. I don't really know how much time to be spent to make it as user-friendly as Magento & OpenCart in the front-end. Thanks

post-132315-0-21056400-1385526574_thumb.png

Prestashop displays the account block on either columns as well. Are you maybe using a custom theme?

You can try hooking the my account block to the left of right columns manually (modules -> positions -> transplant module) if it's not there!

Hi,

Thanks, it works now. If I want to make the My Account Block (broken down into My Account, My Wishlist coz not many users know clicking his name to access My Account) on the Header to look like Magento & OpenCart, possible with click in configuration ? Or I have to modify the templates ? I have yet to go thru the templating system of Prestashop.  Thanks

post-132315-0-49232800-1385535222_thumb.png

modules/blockuserinfo/blockuserinfo.tpl or if exists: /themes/YOUR_THEME/blockuserinfo/blockuserinfo.tpl

instead of:

{l s='Welcome' mod='blockuserinfo'}
		{if $logged}
			<a href="{$link->getPageLink('my-account', true)|escape:'html'}" title="{l s='View my customer account' mod='blockuserinfo'}" class="account" rel="nofollow"><span>{$cookie->customer_firstname} {$cookie->customer_lastname}</span></a>
			<a href="{$link->getPageLink('index', true, NULL, "mylogout")|escape:'html'}" title="{l s='Log me out' mod='blockuserinfo'}" class="logout" rel="nofollow">{l s='Log out' mod='blockuserinfo'}</a>
		{else}
			<a href="{$link->getPageLink('my-account', true)|escape:'html'}" title="{l s='Login to your customer account' mod='blockuserinfo'}" class="login" rel="nofollow">{l s='Login' mod='blockuserinfo'}</a>
		{/if}

you can use:

{l s='Welcome' mod='blockuserinfo'}
{if $logged}
{$cookie->customer_firstname} {$cookie->customer_lastname}
<a href="{$link->getPageLink('my-account', true)|escape:'html'}" title="{l s='View my customer account' mod='blockuserinfo'}" class="account" rel="nofollow"><span>{l s='My Account' mod='blockuserinfo'}</span></a>
<a href="{$link->getPageLink('index', true, NULL, "mylogout")|escape:'html'}" title="{l s='Log me out' mod='blockuserinfo'}" class="logout" rel="nofollow">{l s='Log out' mod='blockuserinfo'}</a>
{else}
<a href="{$link->getPageLink('my-account', true)|escape:'html'}" title="{l s='Login to your customer account' mod='blockuserinfo'}" class="login" rel="nofollow">{l s='Login' mod='blockuserinfo'}</a>
{/if}
  • Like 1

Hi,

IMHO, Magento & OpenCart are already presentable with professional ecommerce layouts & designs out of the box. Customer immediately see all the products available with price (or discouned price with crossed out original price, customers can see how much they saved immediately or bulk purchase like As Low From wording if Group / Tier Pricing is given in Magento) in a nicely grid layout. 

Prestashop does NOT make all this information clear on the product listing / overview page, only in the individual product page. Frankly, most customers are 1st attracted to look further into such products when they see the Big Discount or Special Price, Bulk Purchase Discount or As Low As given with the Crossed-Out Original Price on the listing / overview page

Often, simplicity, clear, tidiness, clean and straight-forward in the front-end (product listing / overview page) will attract more buyers. Prestashop does not fit in this aspect out of the box. Thanks.

Edited by jetwong98 (see edit history)

Often, simplicity, clear, tidiness, clean and straight-forward in the front-end (product listing / overview page) will attract more buyers. Prestashop does not fit in this aspect out of the box. Thanks.

And Magento does? :D:D:D:D

What exactly are you hoping to achieve by posting in these forums?

Hi,

Lately, Magento community version seems dying and inactive with unresolved bugs. Its community forum is left almost unsupported and spammed by vietnamese articles for weeks without actions taken. Its community Bug Tracker does not work as well, can't post any bug issues, always redirected to the enterprise hompage after clicking submit.

Hence, I'm looking for an alternative commerce solution which is comparable to Magento in terms of flexibility and functionality. I came across that Prestashop was ranked 2nd to Magento in terms of popularity and functionality and therefore I tried and see if it fits the scenario. However, Prestashop doesn't look professional in terms of layout & design IMHO, perhaps beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. I hardly fall in love with Prestashop.

This Magento demo looks better at http://demo.magentocommerce.com/bed-and-bath , you can see starting at, special price, clear and precise. Thanks