Prestashop does not receive order confirmation from Paypal

jeyjoo

I am having the same problem when using credit card.

I am using new installation of PrestaShop™ 1.5.6.0 Paypal Canada USA 1.2.7 PayPal Payments Advanced 

what version are you using?

I turned on error checking and when I get to step #5 Payment of the check out, the error shows

Notice: Undefined variable: nvp_request in /home2/wilmargr/public_html/wgshop/modules/paypalusa/paypalusa.php on line 350

There is no indication in paypal that money was accepted (only when I login to paypal can I see it) and my order page shows the front page in the paypal area.

Even tried using test mode same problem.

Have you tried anything to track the problem down?

Edited by ishkey (see edit history)

Here is the update as to what I have tried.

Disabled - Reset - then  Completely removed the module and reinstalled. No luck.

Looked at This post as my colleague informed me going threw  PayPal with an account causes problems - it just sits there not sending you back but it does drain your money. Tried waynesworld post #4

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/277679-paypall-payment-is-successfully-completed-however-in-the-result-window-there-is-error-message/

Looked into - My Shop Doesn't Send Email When an Order was Placed   http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/281568-my-shop-doesnt-send-email-when-an-order-was-placed/

Gave that a try since I have only received 6 email stating There is a problem with your payment

Cleared the caches. 

Now starting to look at the code. Beginning to think  PayPal Payments Advanced was the wrong way to go seeing how most of the posts on the forum do not even address it or just maybe the whole module is a bit off.

I looked at putting PayPal Express Checkout in for now but when reading threw the software it states -

This template is displayed to the customer to allow him/her to pay with PayPal Express Checkout
** It can be either displayed on the Product pages, the Shopping cart content page depending on your preferences (Back-office addon's configuration) No Selection.... any where I can find.
** It will also always be displayed on the payment page/step to confirm the payment

All I want it is on the shopping cart content page.

Here is a link to the shop if any one cares to look http://www.wilmargraphite.net/wgshop/en/

If any one has any Ideas Please - I'll try anything.

Funny how for years we ran our shop on nopERcart with not one problem.

• Like 1

Don't know how I missed this one as I read it a couples weeks back. Thanks Brian... Following your instructions worked.

How to set up PayPal USA advanced
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/275953-how-to-set-up-paypal-usa-advanced/

By the way the instructions are a far cry from the ones you see in the BO.

(login manager/paypal and set secure to yes) <-- HA HA

After all this head banging Doesn't give me confidence to purchase a module.

Maybe the free module should be for express and standard then charge a fee like $75 - $150 for advance or pro, you probably make more money in the process. 

Credit card orders stay on site. If you order by paypal, you get redirected. PayPal claims this maybe fixed later.

* If using the iframe option "c", you will likely want to have an SSL certificate to avoid the "Mixed Content" warnings that browsers show.
This happens if your site is unsecured and the iframe paypal site is secured. If you do not have an SSL, then you can still use iframe mode, but customers using Opera or IE will see a warning about leaving a secured area. Or you could opt to use the redirect mode which should not have this warning. 

Still not receiving emails from BO so have PP set to inform us - will have to work this one out. At least we can generate some revenue.

I am not using Paypal USA advanced - just the standard version.

I think that the issue is with the notification url - http:www.myshop.com/module/paypalusa/validation?pps=1

The final pps=1 is always the same. I think that it should show an order id or something. When returned to prestashop the cart has not cleared, and the order does not register.

Looking at modules/patpalusa/paypalusa.php, there is a line

'paypal_usa_notify_url' => $this->context->link->getModuleLink('paypalusa', 'validation', array('pps' => 1)), /* IPN URL */

I get a feeling that this is causing the problem. Eithere way, I dont think that the modules should be live yet. It is not ready. It does not even show up in Chrome.

woke up this morning to find PrestaShop 1.5.6.0 has an update to 1.5.6.1 which looks like it is addressing the mail alerts problem hopefully this will fix the problem along with the Stats not working. will have to read about all the fixes and updates.

would seem, to be able to see all the stats I had to create an Admin account. Super Admin just doesn't show stats.

Transactions are now showing up in BO.

Mall Alerts not going out. Can find nothing in the Server Error Log except

[25-Nov-2013 15:20:12] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: nvp_request in /home2/wilmargr/public_html/wgshop/modules/paypalusa/paypalusa.php on line 350

and

[29-Nov-2013 08:28:52] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/wilmargr/public_html/wgshop/modules/gamification/classes/Advice.php on line 96

Mail alerts 2.8 PrestaShop™ 1.5.6.1

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem. I have notification from paypal that a payment has been received but no payment info is sent back to Prestashop. The order shows up in the orders tab - as unpaid - but not in stats. No order notification is received.

I am using the paypal module that comes with version 1.5 and am updated to 1.5.6.1

In the sources tab of the order page I can see:

2013-12-14 12:58:28
Frompaypal.com
To www.mysite.com/es/order?paypal_ec_canceled=1&multi-shipping=&token=...........

How can I fix this please - Any ideas?

Edited by lisajef (see edit history)

We also are having this issue.

We are seeing that customers create an account.  But no order.  Then we will check on our paypal account and we see their payment.

I did a test purchase on our store as a guest.

1.  I choose payment method.

2.  I get redirected to paypal.com.

3.  I enter my payment info and submit.

4.  I get redirected back to our website to the choose the payment method screen.

Back in the store, I am showing as a new customer.  But no order.  Also, I did not get an email confirmation.

So, as a customer, I would be very confused.

I have Prestashop 1.5.4.0.  Paypal USA Version :1.2.7

this is 'almost' always related to mis configured

We also are having this issue.

We are seeing that customers create an account.  But no order.  Then we will check on our paypal account and we see their payment.

I did a test purchase on our store as a guest.

1.  I choose payment method.

2.  I get redirected to paypal.com.

3.  I enter my payment info and submit.

4.  I get redirected back to our website to the choose the payment method screen.

Back in the store, I am showing as a new customer.  But no order.  Also, I did not get an email confirmation.

So, as a customer, I would be very confused.

I have Prestashop 1.5.4.0.  Paypal USA Version :1.2.7

sounds like a missing order status...

back office-->orders->statues

for complete payment, note the ordinal number (in this case 2)

12.16.2013-14.10.png
http://screencast.com/t/QNxrRATvk

Now using phpmyadmin, browse your_prefix_configuration find PS_OS_PAYMENT, to the right this should ALSO be '2'.  If it is not then change to the value in orders->statues

12.16.2013-14.18.png
http://screencast.com/t/NfM60rXpS6JW

hope that helps some of you lost souls

this is 'almost' always related to mis configured

sounds like a missing order status...

back office-->orders->statues

for complete payment, note the ordinal number (in this case 2)

12.16.2013-14.10.png

http://screencast.com/t/QNxrRATvk

Now using phpmyadmin, browse your_prefix_configuration find PS_OS_PAYMENT, to the right this should ALSO be '2'.  If it is not then change to the value in orders->statues

12.16.2013-14.18.png

http://screencast.com/t/NfM60rXpS6JW

hope that helps some of you lost souls

Thank you for the quick reply.  The statuses are there.

I could not find the PS_OS_PAYMENT in phpmyadmin.  Is it possible it has a different name?

Also, would this have anything to do with the fact that:

1. When choosing paypal payment method, you get redirected out of website.

2. When paypal payment is submitted you get redirected back to the choose your payment method screen instead of the order confirmation or thank you page.

Thanks again!

post-636676-0-29556000-1387227797_thumb.jpg

post-636676-0-31036400-1387227798_thumb.jpg

Thank you for the quick reply.  The statuses are there.

I could not find the PS_OS_PAYMENT in phpmyadmin.  Is it possible it has a different name?

Also, would this have anything to do with the fact that:

1. When choosing paypal payment method, you get redirected out of website.

2. When paypal payment is submitted you get redirected back to the choose your payment method screen instead of the order confirmation or thank you page.

Thanks again!

look again, and if PS_OS_PAYMENT does not exist in table configuration

if it does not exist then:

using phpmyadmin,

add PS_OS_PAYMENT

in value use ID  of Payment Accepted in order->statues

look again, and if PS_OS_PAYMENT does not exist in table configuration

if it does not exist then:

using phpmyadmin,

add PS_OS_PAYMENT

in value use ID  of Payment Accepted in order->statues

Is this different ps_order_state?  Picture is attached.

Why would PS_OS_PAYMENT be missing?

Thanks again.

post-636676-0-39534100-1387228801_thumb.jpg

Is this different ps_order_state?  Picture is attached.

Why would PS_OS_PAYMENT be missing?

Thanks again.

use back office-->order->statues to get Payment Accepted ID for value of PS_OS_PAYMENT, this is easier to understand than looking at it using phpmyadmin

Why is PS_OS_PAYMENT missing in db?  heck if I know.

I don't know we are going to fix this bug a boo...but generally lack of order completion is corrupt order status.

use back office-->order->statues to get Payment Accepted ID for value of PS_OS_PAYMENT, this is easier to understand than looking at it using phpmyadmin

Why is PS_OS_PAYMENT missing in db?  heck if I know.

I don't know we are going to fix this bug a boo...but generally lack of order completion is corrupt order status.

Sounds good.  Thanks a lot.  Still have not tried that... but, 

I found that issue does not happen with paypal standard setting on the paypal module.  It does with the paypal express setting.

Using standard setting I noticed, that the order appears on our BO and I get order confirmation and paypal emails after I click the "take me back to my website" link on paypal.com. (just after sending the payment)

So in express I get automatically redirected and order does not show up or dont get any emails.

This seems to be the issue.  I'll post back in a few days to see if this was the issue.

Thanks El Patron.

• Like 1

PS_OS_PAYMENT 

Does Not exist in my database, either nor can I find the code which creates this.

Makes me wonder which version of PS goes this comes from El Patron.

What I do see in Orders > Statuses is #11 Awaiting PayPal Payment all XXX out.

I am wondering if this the way it is designed to be or is there some switch needed to be set or does the Payment remotely accepted take care of PayPal?

Maybe El Patron you can look at your settings and shed some light on this.

post-711907-0-19768200-1387273624_thumb.png    post-711907-0-04657400-1387273639_thumb.png   post-711907-0-57655000-1387274376_thumb.png

PS_OS_PAYMENT 

Does Not exist in my database, either nor can I find the code which creates this.

Makes me wonder which version of PS goes this comes from El Patron.

What I do see in Orders > Statuses is #11 Awaiting PayPal Payment all XXX out.

I am wondering if this the way it is designed to be or is there some switch needed to be set or does the Payment remotely accepted take care of PayPal?

Maybe El Patron you can look at your settings and shed some light on this.

attachicon.gifps_order.png    attachicon.gifpsorderstate.png   attachicon.gifPayment remotely accepted.png

That was my next question.  Our db tables look like yours.  Which version of PS are you using?

PrestaShop™ 1.5.6.1

Mail alerts 2.8

PayPal USA, Canada  1.2.7

Funny how if you test with Payment by check everything seems to work just fine.

Though somewhere in my reading I saw that you needed to have checked  "Allow a customer to download and view PDF versions of their invoice." I am going to assume that has to be tied to Awaiting PayPal payment in Orders Statuses.

Will look into it further.

That was my next question.  Our db tables look like yours.  Which version of PS are you using?

honestly...you will  hardly ever catch a moderator in the paypal section.

One of the issues that makes helping hard...beyond the number of versions of ps and paypal is that for some odd reason community members post similar issues in the same post rather than open their own post.  So what might work for one in the forum topic doesn't work and/or is understood by others.  It's a mess.

My advice, if you just can't get it to work...and you are losing business...look through the recent threads for someone that has been helpful and pay them to fix it for you...this is usually not very much...compared to the time spent solving yourself...I do not personally do ANY private work. 

If you open a post, don't let others post in it...ask one of the moderators to move their post...stake you territory or you will just be  lost in the chatter.

good luck!

• Like 1

sounds like a the coffee was bad this morning

I looked back at two earlier versions of PS and nowhere in the DB can you find a stand alone table for PS_OS_PAYMENT

It must be some well kept secret so I guess I'll just rummage through the code to se what I can find...

if any body else comes across any thing post it up.

Oh yea HONESTLY like I have said before the module would be better of as a express/standard free one that worked, then people wouldn't mind paying for the Advance/Pro version. Particularly after reading a couple hundred posts on the subject, but then again reading is fun. 

Morning im having a problem..

Im  using paypal advance .. ones i  enter the credit card # i get message prepossessing payment after 5 seconds i get redirected to  the home page  i contacted paypal  and they told me that credit card transaction is rejected because PS is not sending the billing address over can some one point me on how to fix this problems...

I looked back at two earlier versions of PS and nowhere in the DB can you find a stand alone table for PS_OS_PAYMENT

It must be some well kept secret so I guess I'll just rummage through the code to se what I can find...

Oh yea HONESTLY like I have said before the module would be better of as a express/standard free one that worked, then people wouldn't mind paying for the Advance/Pro version. Particularly after reading a couple hundred posts on the subject, but then again reading is fun. 

Maybe its in earlier versions, searching online for that table entry, showed a lot of links to posts from 2011,2012 and earlier years.  No Idea.  Maybe creating a new thread will help find more about that entry.

Edited by Frankie84 (see edit history)

Morning im having a problem..

Im  using paypal advance .. ones i  enter the credit card # i get message prepossessing payment after 5 seconds i get redirected to  the home page  i contacted paypal  and they told me that credit card transaction is rejected because PS is not sending the billing address over can some one point me on how to fix this problems...

Seem like your issue is a bit different that the ones we are/were having.  I suggest creating a new post of finding other similar issues like this one: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/292806-no-customer-info-received-by-paypal/.

Also, I have found that posting your prestashop version and module version helps.

Have you tried resetting the module?

Not sure what you are looking at when you say you 'can't' find what PS_OS_PAYMENT. 

btw: For me anyway the coffee is 'never' bad.  Currently have a nice med turtle latte, extra hot, soy, no whip with extra shot. :)

HERE IS 1.5.6.1 (but this is true for many earlier versions of PrestaShop)

Configuration::get ('value'), these are the values from your table configuration

/**
 * @deprecated : these defines are going to be deleted on 1.6 version of Prestashop
 * USE : Configuration::get() method in order to getting the id of order state
 */
define('_PS_OS_CHEQUE_',      Configuration::get('PS_OS_CHEQUE'));
define('_PS_OS_PAYMENT_',     Configuration::get('PS_OS_PAYMENT'));
define('_PS_OS_PREPARATION_', Configuration::get('PS_OS_PREPARATION'));
define('_PS_OS_SHIPPING_',    Configuration::get('PS_OS_SHIPPING'));
define('_PS_OS_DELIVERED_',   Configuration::get('PS_OS_DELIVERED'));
define('_PS_OS_CANCELED_',    Configuration::get('PS_OS_CANCELED'));
define('_PS_OS_REFUND_',      Configuration::get('PS_OS_REFUND'));
define('_PS_OS_ERROR_',       Configuration::get('PS_OS_ERROR'));
define('_PS_OS_OUTOFSTOCK_',  Configuration::get('PS_OS_OUTOFSTOCK'));
define('_PS_OS_BANKWIRE_',    Configuration::get('PS_OS_BANKWIRE'));
define('_PS_OS_PAYPAL_',      Configuration::get('PS_OS_PAYPAL'));
define('_PS_OS_WS_PAYMENT_', Configuration::get('PS_OS_WS_PAYMENT'));

Now the 1.5.6.1 native MYSQL DB

12.19.2013-15.07.png

http://screencast.com/t/uUkhkpqv42

happy debugging, now drop and give me 30

note: these values are still in 1.6.1 alpha :)

• 3 years later...

I found the issue that Prestashop 1.6.1.9 does not receive order confirmation from Paypal ,

When an customer makes a payment at PayPal USA, Canada v1.3.9 , payment goes through but the order confirmation does not register on my Prestashop store.

Payment transaction happened at merchent and buyer account at Paypal side but the order confirmation does not register on my Prestashop store..

Any Idea?

Thanks

The USA module uses Paypal's IPN to create the order in Prestashop.

So if the order is not created, it is because 1 of 2 reasons

1) Your store did not receive the IPN

2) Your store received the IPN, but it failed to process it

So check your servers access and error logs and confirm if the IPN was received or not, and if it failed to process properly.

Also note, you cannot test this paypal module while your store is in maintenance mode, since it will restrict paypal from sending the IPN.  You also cannot test on a local computer, since the IPN would not reach your local server

• Like 1