Downgrade from 1.5.6 to 1.5.4.1

Hi. I have upgraded successfully from version 1.4.9 to 1.5.6 using the 1-Click-Upgrade. Almost everything worked and then I realized one of the modules that I have purchased only support up to version 1.5.4.1, so I am wondering how do I downgrade my Prestashop from version 1.5.6 to 1.5.4.1 safely.

Thank you in advance.

I would love to, but the developer has stopped updating the module and stopped the support for it. So I'm thinking of downgrading it to 1.5.4.1 which the module supports.

If there's any guide on how to do this, it will be great.

I have read somewhere that by FTP replacing all the files except the "config" folder and then changing the settings.inc.php to 1.5.4.1 will work but I am not sure. I don't want to screw up my shop.

what module is it?  you are better off focusing on getting the module to work, then try to downgrade your store to use a single module.  what happens if you need to upgrade in the future, you would need to update or stop using the module anyways.

give more detail on the module and maybe we can get it working

@bellini13 You are absolutely right. The module involved is called Checkout Fields Manager from Aitoc and it has been discontinued so its no longer on the Prestashop addons. What I want is actually to have a module that perform the following during checkout process:

1. To select the delivery date (with the ability to specify the time too),

2. Add new fields for multi-address and one-page checkout pages as well as to customer registration page,

3. Add custom fields with the following input types: Text Field, Text Area, Date, Yes/No, Multiple Select, Dropdown, Checkbox, Radio Button;

4. Add additional text to checkout steps without any fields;

Our checkout page right now allow Guest Checkout but the delivery and billing addresses are the same, and I want to use this module to allow Guest Checkout to have a different delivery and billing address.

I have the zip file with me and without that page, I am not sure what else information do you need.

Ok, this is going to be long.

The module comes with 2 parts. Aitsys and Checkout Fields Manager.

Aitsys must be installed first, and when I did, it gave me the following message:

Customized templates

Our installer creates several templates files during installation based on existing Prestashop files with the help of our patcher.

The newly created templates are automatically placed in folder - cache/ait_patch/

themes/default/shopping-cart.tpl /themes/ohara/aitcommonfiles/themes--default--shopping-cart.tpl themes/default/address.tpl /themes/ohara/aitcommonfiles/themes--default--address.tpl themes/default/order-address.tpl /themes/ohara/aitcommonfiles/themes--default--order-address.tpl themes/default/order-address-multishipping.tpl /themes/ohara/aitcommonfiles/themes--default--order-address-multishipping.tpl themes/default/order-carrier.tpl /themes/ohara/aitcommonfiles/themes--default--order-carrier.tpl themes/default/order-payment.tpl /themes/ohara/aitcommonfiles/themes--default--order-payment.tpl themes/default/order-opc-new-account.tpl /themes/ohara/aitcommonfiles/themes--default--order-opc-new-account.tpl themes/default/authentication.tpl /themes/ohara/aitcommonfiles/themes--default--authentication.tpl themes/default/addresses.tpl /themes/ohara/aitcommonfiles/themes--default--addresses.tpl themes/default/mobile/order-opc-address.tpl /themes/ohara/aitcommonfiles/themes--default--mobile--order-opc-address.tpl themes/default/mobile/order-opc-carrier.tpl /themes/ohara/aitcommonfiles/themes--default--mobile--order-opc-carrier.tpl themes/default/mobile/order-opc-payment.tpl /themes/ohara/aitcommonfiles/themes--default--mobile--order-opc-payment.tpl themes/default/mobile/order-detail.tpl /themes/ohara/aitcommonfiles/themes--default--mobile--order-detail.tpl themes/default/template/helpers/list/list_header.tpl

/themes/ohara/aitcommonfiles/themes--default--template--helpers--list--list_header.tpl

And then when I tried to install Checkout Fields Manager, it gave me the following error message.

The following module(s) were not installed properly:

• - aitcheckoutfields : 
    Prestashop file is corrupted or changed: /home/oharaflo/public_html/themes/default/shopping-cart.tpl
    Prestashop file is corrupted or changed: /home/oharaflo/public_html/themes/default/address.tpl
    Prestashop file is corrupted or changed: /home/oharaflo/public_html/themes/default/order-address.tpl
    Prestashop file is corrupted or changed: /home/oharaflo/public_html/themes/default/order-address-multishipping.tpl
    Prestashop file is corrupted or changed: /home/oharaflo/public_html/themes/default/order-opc-new-account.tpl
    Prestashop file is corrupted or changed: /home/oharaflo/public_html/themes/default/authentication.tpl
    Prestashop file is corrupted or changed: /home/oharaflo/public_html/themes/default/addresses.tpl
    Prestashop file is corrupted or changed: /home/oharaflo/public_html/themes/default/mobile/order-opc-address.tpl
    Prestashop file is corrupted or changed: /home/oharaflo/public_html/panel/themes/default/template/helpers/list/list_header.tpl
    You can try to fix the above mentioned error yourself. But this will involve opening Prestashop and Module files via FTP and editing code in them. 
    Or if you don't feel confident you can post a support ticket. 
    Note, that if you are having problems with more than one Module and you would like to post a support ticket, please post all the Modules in one ticket. 
    The following Module(s) encountered the error:
    Module aitcheckoutfields. Read the Guide or Post a support ticket.

Anyway, I've checked and under /modules/aitcheckoutfields/override/templates/ there were folders for various 1.5.X version with the tpl.

I have tried to rename one of the folders to 1.5.6 and it didn't work.

I'm guessing that when install, the module will generate sort of coded tpl to work with the existing Prestashop and it didn't support the version 1.5.6, so it couldn't be installed.

I'm pretty new in Prestashop and I hope what I'm explaining here will help.

ok, so what I gather is that the module is expecting the theme files to have specific content based on the version of Prestashop, and since you have a newer version of Prestashop, the module cannot determine what to do.

If you want to forward both module files to me, I can review them and determine what they are trying to do.