[Solved] Layered Navigation filter templates disappear after edit

Hello,

I have just discovered another problem.

In 1.5.6.0 layered navigation block.

I create a new template, thats fine, however if I edit the filter and save it, it just disappears. SO I have to recreate the template, and again, if i edit the template it will disappear.

Anyone else have this issue?

This has now been fixed

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PNM-1850

Edited by RCP90 (see edit history)

Another update.

I just made a fresh install of 1.5.6.0 to see if the bug was there to begin, and it is, but slightly different 

So this is an issue with 1.5.6.0.

The layered navigation is broken.

Layered navigation does not save selected categories for templates, and will also delete yoru template after you edit it.

Template disappears

1- create a new template, select categories, select filters, save.
2- Edit said template, add a new filter, save, template disappears.

Template selected categories reset to home

1- Edit template, change filter variable e.g radial button to dropdown, save, all selected categories are deselected and only home category selected.

This is on a fresh install.

On my test site,with 200 products whenever a template is edited it just disappears. It seems that I am constantly fighting these bugs, it is a real struggle to just get basic functionality, and the layered navigation seems to always have different bugs with each release. :(

Or maybe I will just forget working with the layered nav, which I do not want to do because this is a key feature and the site has been planned around using its filtering features.

Hi,

Unfortunately that does not work for me. As soon as I add i filter and save it just disappears. It is totally broken at the moment.

If i create a new filter, then delete an old one it still will not work, and I have around 30 different templates which need to be configured, some will need to be changed regularly, and at this point I cannot even configure 1.

Hi,

Have you tried if the latest Version (1.5.6.1) solved this problem?

Best Regards, Christian

Hello,

No the exact same issues are there, and I received no response to my error reports, with the plethora of layered nav fixes on 1.5.6.1 this bug was overlooked, and to be honest it is a bug with the very fundamental functionality of the layered nav.

So the layered navigation system is currently unusable, which means for me Prestashop as a platform is unusable and therefore not a suitable solution for me anymore.

Which is a real shame.

EDIT

In fact with 1.5.6.1 the problem is even worse, not only will it delete any existing filters when you edit them but it will not save ANY layered navigational filters whatsoever afterwards.

Am also experiencing problems with the Layered Block Navigation with 1.5.6.0 / 1.5.6.1 whilst in final stages before launching the store.

I start by making a template for all categories containing price and manufacturer. I then make a template specific to a category which causes the module not to display in that particular category.

I also notice if I go to edit the template the 'Specific categories' under 'Select categories' shows '0 selected')

Am also experiencing problems with the Layered Block Navigation with 1.5.6.0 / 1.5.6.1 whilst in final stages before launching the store.

I start by making a template for all categories containing price and manufacturer. I then make a template specific to a category which causes the module not to display in that particular category.

I also notice if I go to edit the template the 'Specific categories' under 'Select categories' shows '0 selected')

Yes the exact same issues as me. I did submit a bug report

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PNM-1850#comment-79782

which went unanswered, and unchanged in 1.5.6.1. It is even worse in 1.5.6.1 as it does not allow you to save any filters.

Thank you. I hope someone acknowledges this bug soon and that it gets fixed.

Hi,

I played around with layered navigation on 1.5.6.0 and found a workaround (at least on my system with "warehouse" template).

- Klick on the filter you want to modify, (specific filter says 0 categories selected)

DO NOT TOUCH THE FILTER RULES

- Klick on "specific" and in ajax-window klick "open all"

- Now the array is populated with the categories saved last time

- Klick "save this selection" in Ajax-window

- Now the specific-categories show the right value

Now you can modify the filter rules and save the filter.

Best regards, Christian

• Like 1

Hi,

I played around with layered navigation on 1.5.6.0 and found a workaround (at least on my system with "warehouse" template).

- Klick on the filter you want to modify, (specific filter says 0 categories selected)

DO NOT TOUCH THE FILTER RULES

- Klick on "specific" and in ajax-window klick "open all"

- Now the array is populated with the categories saved last time

- Klick "save this selection" in Ajax-window

- Now the specific-categories show the right value

Now you can modify the filter rules and save the filter.

Best regards, Christian

Hello,

This works for me, thank you! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

How do I update the layered navigation module? It is just a matter of copy & paste the code of the .php file? Or is it necessary to reinstall the full module? Should I copy the code in this link: https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/blob/e57227cee09b5436745fa8c97148f0c9d92a6ac3/modules/blocklayered/blocklayered.php?

Kind regards.

Pedro Ávila

Edited by pavila (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

A possible solution for those not using multi store is to go on your products page in the admin, Select all products using the bulk option at the bottom, after all products are selected click on the Enable Selection. This normally works for me. If you have a problem with Categories not loading then you need to do the same thing but from the Categories section. 

I have the same problem but I am using multi store so when using the above solution, the product prices on all stores end up changing to the default store. :-(

Hope this helps. 

• 1 year later...