Paypal Canada USA 1.2.7 double counts taxes

sandya

Hi everyone,

I really need some help here ! 

I just updated the Paypal Canada USA module from 1.2.6 to 1.2.7.  Here's what's going on:  when the client needs to pay taxes they are double counted in the Paypal window.  Instead of appearing without taxes and then having a separate line for the total tax, it shows as product WITH tax, shipping WITH tax AND then ANOTHER line of taxes (for the total tax).  Which ends up double counting taxes. 

I guess somehow, the information is not transmitted properly from the website to Paypal.

Can someone please help - this is a really bad problem.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you so much for your answer Bellini 13,

I undid the upgrade for the Paypal module for now.  It was also adding a voucher box in the order confirmation page and also did not consider the second voucher when two vouchers were added in the cart.  (It was only calculating one of them).

Also, before the upgrade, I was having issues with Prestashop not recording orders properly: I.e I would receive the payment from Paypal, the IPN was sent (when I looked in Paypal account) and transaction was completed on their end.  Except in the back store, no orders were created, it was still showing as a cart.  (Same problem in the front where the client would not have an order, plus no confirmation e-mail to client etc...).  This would happen 30% of the time.

After this upgrade, the couple of tests I made showed the same behaviour. So honestly, I am kind of scared of this happening right now.

Sandra

Hi Bellini13,

Can I just leave the old one that I have - it's the 1.2.6 ? For now, it seems to work fine.  Or do you think that the Paypal Europe might solve some of my issues with the recording of the orders ?

Thanks for taking the time to make all these suggestions

Same here PrestaShop™ 1.5.6.0 Paypal Canada USA 1.2.6 PayPal Payments Advanced was working just fine. But 1.2.7 update leaves me stuck on the paypal page never sending me back. Clicking while there looks like nothing happens until I look at my paypal account and see all the clicks turned into orders. Back at the order page in Prestashop no new customer shows. No emails sent.

Uninstalled and Reinstalled module.

Spoke with paypal they seem to think it's a module problem.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Edited by ishkey (see edit history)

Taxes fixed still the other problems and now paypal returns my main page to the iframe see below

found 3 payment errors in bo -

"Field format error: Secure Token Not found"

The error ones sent a canned email. Your order with the reference NHJGHYJMU - Payment processing erroror

post-711907-0-10224700-1385000616_thumb.png

Edited by ishkey (see edit history)

sandya I have exactly the same problem. Have you resolved or tried changing to Paypal Europe?

Currently taxes are added twice, and 2 payments have been confirmed out of 10 payments made.

From the Paypal side, IPNs are sent - always to the same notification url - http:/mystore.com/module/paypalusa/validation?pps=1

modules/paypalusa/paypalusa.php line 655 is:

'paypal_usa_notify_url' => $this->context->link->getModuleLink('paypalusa', 'validation', array('pps' => 1))

Paypal HTTP response code is 200 (successfully sent). But Prestasho end, the cart does not clear and the order is not processed.

This is module is critical to the correct running of a store, so it is disappointing that the module has been released in this condition and without much documentation (that I can see).

Should we all switch to the PS Europe module?

Edited by jeyjoo (see edit history)

Hi jeyjoo,

For now I have left the old module as the new one create too many problems (I had problems with multiple coupons inserted in the cart) and I did not have time for testing etc...  I did not try with Paypal Europe but I eventually will because this does not make sense.  Even with the old Paypal module, the payment part works fine but the shopping carts do not get translated into orders in the BO (and in the shoppers' carts) about 30% of the time.

I will post updates if I find anything. 

• Like 1

Hi jeyjoo,

For now I have left the old module as the new one create too many problems (I had problems with multiple coupons inserted in the cart) and I did not have time for testing etc...  I did not try with Paypal Europe but I eventually will because this does not make sense.  Even with the old Paypal module, the payment part works fine but the shopping carts do not get translated into orders in the BO (and in the shoppers' carts) about 30% of the time.

I will post updates if I find anything. 

pps=1 just tells the module it is "PayPal Standard". 

The module then reaches out to Paypal directly to confirm payment status.  You will have to debug further to see what the module sent to Paypal, and what Paypal returned. 

Thanks Bellini13, it seems that many people are having this same problem, so there is a bug with the module.

perhaps, but you should probably submit a bug report if you feel so.  and if they cannot reproduce the issue, they will likely close the bug report.  So ensure you can reproduce the issue using out of the box Prestashop, default theme and latest paypal usa module.

If you do not, they will likely reject the bug report.

• 3 weeks later...

My opinion is the makers of prestashop should facilitate a fix unless they want this pile of a shopping cart to die slowly.

All these issues and not one expert with a fix.... what a joke!!! 

Just to recap, recommendations thus far are:

-Switch from North American module to European module if you live in North America

-Edit code in module

-Remove module and re-install

-Check with Paypal that you are not appling tax on Paypals side AND Prestashop

Additionally confirmations are not being sent to the seller?  JUST RIDICULOUS... NOT MUCH OF A PRODUCT IF IT DOESN'T FUNCTION AS A SHOPPING CART!!!!

Never will I do a clients site in Prestashop again. Never in a thousand years - This is an antiquated non-moderated mess!!!

Edited by skibbi (see edit history)

• 10 months later...

I found the solution :

you have to edit standar.tpl file : modules/paypalusa/views/templates/hook/standard.tpl

change this linge 48:

{assign var="paypal_usa_total_shipping" value=$cart->getOrderTotal(true, Cart::ONLY_SHIPPING)}

bye this :

{assign var="paypal_usa_total_shipping" value=$cart->getOrderTotal(false, Cart::ONLY_SHIPPING)}