Tracking link emailed to customer not displayed

Hi

Have searched the forum, but haven't found a solution yet.

When I enter a tracking number, using v1.5.3.1, my customer is sent an email, but this email does not have the link. It just says:

Your order with the reference XXXXXXXX is currently in transit..

You can track your package using the following link:
  You can review your order and download your invoice from the "Order history" section of your customer account by clicking "My account" on our shop.

I only use one carrier, Royal Mail, and have set up the tracking URL as http://track2.royalmail.com/portal/rm/track?trackNumber=@, which I think is correct. When I paste this into my browser with a tracking number instead of @ it works fine.

Anyone know how I can get this to work correctly?

Thanks

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

here it is:

• Tracking URL. This field must be filled with the tracking URL provided by your carrier (if there exists one). For example, France's postal service (La Poste) offers this URL: http://www.colissimo.fr/portail_colissimo/suivreResultat.do?parcelnumber=@. When customers finish their purchase, they will receive that URL with the "@" replaced by the tracking number provided by the carrier, making it possible to click that link and see where the delivery process is at.

No, that's not the problem. I have the carrier's tracking URL set up under shipping/carriers. The URL I'm using works fine when I use it in a browser with the @ replaced by the tracking number.

The problem I'm having is that when I enter the tracking number under the shipping section of the order page in the BO, the customer is automatically emailed an "In Transit" email, but the link is not being displayed, as in the original post.

I have the same problem. Tracking URL is in the system. But the whole URL is not displayed in the email to the client after teh number is added in the BO. Is there a fix??? I need the function for the clients...

PS 1.5.6.0

// Edit

My problem is solved!

I tested the tracking issue with old orders made with an old carrier (there was no tracking URL in the carrier settings). So be patient when you test the issue with orders, made with an obsolete carrier.

Take a look here:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/223138-solved-tracking-number-url-not-appearing-in-email-sent-to-customer/?do=findComment&comment=1099845

Edited by morfer (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

When we manually add tracking number using Add tracking button on order page in PS 1.6.0.11 how can we attach that tracking number to in transit email template?

If the carrier is set up with the tracking URL in the carrier configuration the tracking number will be added automatically and the in transit mail will be sent.

If the carrier is set up with the tracking URL in the carrier configuration the tracking number will be added automatically and the in transit mail will be sent.

Its not that cause shipmetn charges get added after order being placed.

I want invoice to be resend with email and tracking number to be added in transit email

'{shipping_number}' => $order->shipping_number,

in my AdminOrdersController.php file, but when I added {shipping_number} in a new template, the number didn't show and I just got {shipping_number}. So this is what I did:

I added the same code...

...in the file classes/order/OrderHistory.php after line

'{id_order}' => (int)$this->id_order,

So now it looks like this:

if (isset($result['template']) && Validate::isEmail($result['email']))

{

$topic = $result['osname'];

$data = array(

'{lastname}' => $result['lastname'],

'{firstname}' => $result['firstname'],

'{id_order}' => (int)$this->id_order,

'{order_name}' => $order->getUniqReference()

);

I am not sure that above function will work or not