Multistore Function beating me down!

So I am totally confused. I did everything the doc said that I found via other posts, and my store is still not showing up with any products or categories that I wanted it to share with the main one. Please help! Is it even possible to share products and categories? My 2nd shop still shows what I had started on it, so maybe I should delete that and start from scratch? I read somewhere about linking, but not sure how to do that either :(

Totally confused...

Please Please help me!

• 4 weeks later...

You can share products and categories between your multi stores.

I had the same problem.  Make you sure you go back through each product and make sure it's set to use advanced stock management.

under catalog/products/quantity

IF you're using multistore make sure you have the multi store configuration set to "shop group" that you're working on (mine was "group default"

Unfortunately you have to do that for every item that was in the store BEFORE you turned on advanced stock management.

ALSO if you tried to make new customer groups to seperate the stores be sure you do this: 

Original groups: guest, visitor, and customer stays the same

B2B groupsL WS_vistor, Wholesale.  WS_visitor cannot see prices but can browse store.  Wholesale is registered customer.

Then I went to Backoffice and went to customer/customer groups.  Made sure that my multistore selected was my b2b store.

At the bottom there are checkboxes for default group options. check the boxes for customer and visitor and change the drop down box to wholesale and WS_visitor respectively.  

Then I changed the multistore view to Default (shop group name) and changed permissions on Guest to deny access to my B2b store.

THEN i had to go to back to my categories and make sure my categories and subcategories were allowed on my b2b store.

Goto catalog/categories

click "edit"  category then scroll down the screen until you see group access.  make sure the your new customer groups are checked.  You have to do both the parent and the sub categories or entire parts of your catalog won't show up on the b2b site.

Hope this helps!