server conf to high traffic

Hello,

I have installed a prestashop on a lamp server with 4Go RAM, 4x 2.0 GHz+.

But when I get more tahn 70 concurrents users the site can load in more than 20s.

So I'm wonder what's the minimal advisable conf for a site with more than 100 concurrent user ?

Thank you,

Lalop

Do you know anything of how the server is set up? I would suggest running fcgi as the php interpreter, apc as an opcode cache, then checking. Also, you might install new relic as well and see what your server is doing. But I would also recommend optimizing your site and offloading your stats as well. More than likely you are being choked at the database level. As your server admin what the concurrent database connections are set at. 

Do you know anything of how the server is set up? I would suggest running fcgi as the php interpreter, apc as an opcode cache, then checking. Also, you might install new relic as well and see what your server is doing. But I would also recommend optimizing your site and offloading your stats as well. More than likely you are being choked at the database level. As your server admin what the concurrent database connections are set at. 

There are many ways to slow a server down in the configuration. A host might mention all the "good" stats and configurations only to throttle down other configurations (like concurrent database connections) to save resources. I would say Dh42 is one of the best resources for server and site optimizations.