Upgrading to 1.5.6.0 problem 1-click

trying to upgrade Presta from 1.5.5 to 1.5.6

The upgrade module does not work here. I upgraded the 1-click module from 1.18 to version 1.2 and deleted/uninstalled/reset and so on, but it will not work.

If I choose "Upgrade PrestaShop now !" there is a slight pause and then the page returns exactly the same.

J.Sahu, on 09 Oct 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:snapback.png

uninstall the 1-click upgrade module and delete it.

download the 1 click upgrade module from here and unzip  it.

Now go to your modules folder in prestashop and remove any folder named as autoupgrade and paste the unzipped autoupgrade module there.

go to modules in the backoffice you will find the new version of the 1-click upgrade just install it and enjoy.

if this is not getting succeeded then just go to admin auto upgrade and delete the files

take another backup of your files and try to upgrade.  

I have done everything you asked, still no progress.

I made screenshots of every step, you can see the images here: http://arduinomarkt.nl/export/

I am about to do a manual upgrade, this 'automatic upgrading' takes a lot of time  :(

Edited by petert (see edit history)

That's a big upgrade! It's possible, I would try to upgrade to 1.4 first, from 1.4 you should try the upgrade to 1.5.6 

For versions that old, you may need some development help to get everything the way you want. 

Huh?

It's a presta upgrade from 1.5.5 to 1.5.6

Okay, thanks for this. I am wondering what the problem is. Can you open the up the Google chrome console (ctrl shift f12) and click on upgrade now. Let me know if anything pops up, you can check the "network" tab and see what shows p there when you click upgrade now.  

I don't see anything out of the ordinary. I get all 200 codes in the network tab.

Have you tried multiple browsers? 

I would just revert to the backup you had before any upgrade and use the latest upgrade. This problem you are having is not common but I'm still searching for a solution. 

I have done that a couple of times too. I will continue to use 1.5.5 for a while then.

i have same problem, 1click update module was updated to 1.21, still cant update my PS v1.5.5 to v1.5.6.

First :

md5 will be checked against ... Download complete but md5sum does not match ...

i tried again

[Ajax / Server Error for action download] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:"temporarily overloaded " jqXHR: "

still cant update my ps, pls help :)

i have same problem, 1click update module was updated to 1.21, still cant update my PS v1.5.5 to v1.5.6.

First :

md5 will be checked against ... Download complete but md5sum does not match ...

i tried again

[Ajax / Server Error for action download] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:"temporarily overloaded " jqXHR: "

still cant update my ps, pls help :)

The first thing you should do in this case is get in contact with your Hosting provider who can tell you more information about why the server is being overloaded. It may have something to do with your Database connection. They should be able to give you more information. 

Hi, I was reading this thread yesterday because I was trying to upgrade Presta from 1.5.5 to 1.5.6 with 1 click upgrade but failed with similar error : 

[Ajax / Server Error for action download] textStatus: "error " errorThrown:"Internal Server Error " jqXHR: "  

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request

The problem is solved today after I contacted the support of my hosting and they have increased the Apache timeout value on the server from 5 seconds to 60 seconds, the upgrade went smoothly after that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I just have the same problem... I am contacting to my hosting provider to ask for the Apache timeout stuff, so I have to wait their answer... let's see what happen... But this is an ugly kind of bug to me. :unsure:  :blink:

What versions are you upgrading? It usually is a server timeout issue as stated before. Do you have access to your php.ini file? Your hosting provider should be able to help. 

• 2 weeks later...

I too am having this issue from 1.5.3.1 to 1.5.6.2

I am getting multiple 503's

Host simply states "Prestashop 1-click upgrade is causing this and I need to fine-tune my site or do a manual upgrade"

That is the extent of what I have and still can not upgrade.

Thanks for the input Tuk,

The problem is, I have not run across a shared host, including PrestaShop preferred partners, that allow increasing timeout limits past where I am.  I didn't want to clog up this thread so I started another thread here that has more detail about this issue:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/336678-running-into-resource-limitations-unable-to-use-1-click-upgrade/?do=findComment&comment=1707482

Edited by Whispar1 (see edit history)