[SOLVED] Install demonstration data

I'm trying to install Prestashop 1.5.4.1 and at 84% get and error during Install Demonstration Data when it is creating the demo images...

Any advice on how to how to fix this - which permissions to check to allow the install to complete?

Any info appreciated...

Cannot create image "iPod_touch_3" for entity "product",Cannot create image "iPod_touch_4" for entity "product",Cannot create image "iPod_touch_5" for entity "product",Cannot create image "housse-portefeuille-en-cuir" for entity "product",Cannot create image "Shure_SE210_Sound-Isolating_Earphones_for_iPod_and_iPhone" for entity "product",Cannot create image "iPod_Nano" for entity "product",Cannot create image "iPod_Nano_1" for entity "product",Cannot create image "iPod_Nano_2" for entity "product",Cannot create image "iPod_Nano_3" for entity "product",Cannot create image "iPod_Nano_4" for entity "product"

• 4 months later...

I'm trying to install Prestashop 1.5.4.1 and at 84% get and error during Install Demonstration Data when it is creating the demo images...

Any advice on how to how to fix this - which permissions to check to allow the install to complete?

Any info appreciated...

Cannot create image "iPod_touch_3" for entity "product",Cannot create image "iPod_touch_4" for entity "product",Cannot create image "iPod_touch_5" for entity "product",Cannot create image "housse-portefeuille-en-cuir" for entity "product",Cannot create image "Shure_SE210_Sound-Isolating_Earphones_for_iPod_and_iPhone" for entity "product",Cannot create image "iPod_Nano" for entity "product",Cannot create image "iPod_Nano_1" for entity "product",Cannot create image "iPod_Nano_2" for entity "product",Cannot create image "iPod_Nano_3" for entity "product",Cannot create image "iPod_Nano_4" for entity "product"

Hi i have same problem but could you explain me ( if you can ) step by step how to fix this please.

You would need to check the chmod permission set via FTP. For more information I would ask you to contact your hosting provider. 

Thanks, but what if i had prestashop already instaled before and everything was working perfect? I was just doing upgrade .

It's not really a prob of writing permissions already set but seems to be a bug in the install routine. Maybe it id helpful to follow this solution here: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=reputation&do=add_rating&app_rate=forums&type=pid&type_id=1394879&rating=1&secure_key=5b413d92125dabdd6327ee19883ac145&post_return=1394879

It's not really a prob of writing permissions already set but seems to be a bug in the install routine. Maybe it id helpful to follow this solution here: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=reputation&do=add_rating&app_rate=forums&type=pid&type_id=1394879&rating=1&secure_key=5b413d92125dabdd6327ee19883ac145&post_return=1394879

when i click on link i see:

http://i.imgur.com/JbJ6WUh.png

THat's what I call a bug in ip board.

When a post that was 'marked as solved', which - as you know - really means it will be duplicated on top of the topic as best answer, any included links are misinterpretated as as a further reputation vote. This happened in this case because there were 2 topics with the same problem und I gave 2 identical answers.

Look here: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/306089-solved-install-demonstration-data-error-please-help/?do=findComment&comment=1549255

THat's what I call a bug in ip board.

When a post that was 'marked as solved', which - as you know - really means it will be duplicated on top of the topic as best answer, any included links are misinterpretated as as a further reputation vote. This happened in this case because there were 2 topics with the same problem und I gave 2 identical answers.

Look here: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/306089-solved-install-demonstration-data-error-please-help/?do=findComment&comment=1549255

Hey Rainer, thanks for the explanation but I still don't understand what you mean by "any included links are misinterpreted as a further reputation vote"

Could you explain how I would go about reproducing this bug?

Cheers, 

Just click the link, Benjamin, and read the erfror message. For me this seems to be a logical explanation, because you won't get this message from an posted link in a normal post. To verify this you may try a certain post with a link, mark this post a best answer and try to click the link again.

Have a good one