Stripe Module

Hi I'm new here so hope I got my post in the right place, I have the PS 1.5.5.0 and installed the Stripe 0.9.5 module and installed fine etc, Stripe says it is availble in the UK and will accept GBP but when i go to do a test payment it wont show up in checkout unless i change my store to US.

This is a bit dumb to be honest because whats the point in "accepting GBP" if customers have to change over to USD?

If you know of any equivalant to Stripe could you let me know please. I am currently using Nochex

any help would be very much appreciated

Thank you

Edited by basher29 (see edit history)

This is because the Stripe module restricts to only using certain country and currencies, and that is USA and Canada.  Ths reason for this is because those were the only 2 countries and currencies supported when the module was created.

Prestashop said they would release a revised module, however that was weeks ago

If you edit the file stripejs.php, you will see the following 2 lines near the top.  Add you country and currency codes to these lines and the module will activate.  However you really need to test that the module works properly before you go live.

public $limited_countries = array('us', 'ca');
    public $limited_currencies = array('USD', 'CAD');

Heard from Stripe and they apologised even though they were led to believe the module was to be ready weeks ago.

Anyway, no wonder I'm receiving no orders... I keep seeing the following information when trying to pay via credit card:

"Token required, please check for any Javascript error on the payment page."

Any ideas on what to do?

Check for javascript errors on the payment page :)

If you use Chrome, you can open the javascript console by pressing F12 button on your keyboard.  Then try to checkout and watch the console as you do, let us know if you find any errors in the console.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Adam, The new Stripe Module 0.9.6 is updated to accept GBP, Euro and Dollar. You can download it for Free here, http://addons.prestashop.com/en/payments-gateways-prestashop-modules/6611-stripe.html

Keep me updated on any issues that you have and of course make sure to TEST and BACKUP before you change Modules. Thanks! If you have already solved your problem and are happy with the Stripe module then keep the version you have. :)