[SOLVED] Contact Form, Customer Service - E-Mail problems (SMTP, IMAP)

Hi. I am struggling with the configuration of email after just having installed (and re-installed) 1.5.5.0 hosted on Godaddy Ultimate Linux with Unlimited email plan that supports IMAP.

I would really appreciate some help here.

Problem 1:

Contact Form confirmation 'Your message has been correctly sent' email is not being send and 'Customer message from contact form' is not being send (no matter if customer registered or not)

Problem 2:

IMAP not working. If I test 'Run sync', I always get the error 'imap is not installed on this server'.

Edited by swisss76 (see edit history)

@Swisss76

I'm with GoDaddy and came across your post.

Some email providers block emails they can see are sent from a form mailer script and do this for spam preventative measures.

Secondly, it appears you are using the settings for an email account with GoDaddy to authorize the email sending out from your hosting account. You will need to send email using our relay server.

More information the relay server and configuring it on your hosting account can be found at the following link:

http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/951/what-email-or-relay-server-should-i-use-in-my-php-code

Feel free to reply or send me a private message if you have any additional questions.

GoDaddy is clear about this: Our mail server will not send email containing a "From:" header entry of aol, gmail, yahoo, hotmail, live, aim, or msn. This means that in the script the from address has to come from your email and not one of the one's listed. Also the shared hosting doesn't support Imap. If this is necessary for your site, you may want to consider a Virtual Dedicated or Dedicated Hosting account.

See this other topic too, it partially solves email issues with PrestaShop.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/199605-what-is-the-problem-with-prestashop-and-godaddy-email-sending/

What a hassle to make E-Mail working in PrestaShop. It's still not ok, some email work now others still not. It is not nice but acceptable. Please do something about this PS guys. At least reply to questions and show some interest solving this. It is not only with GoDaddy that people have issues.

Edited by swisss76 (see edit history)