What Is The Problem With Prestashop And Godaddy Email Sending?

There seems to be an ongoing issue with Prestashop not sending emails when using GoDaddy hosting. Test emails send with no problem. But welcome emails, new user notification, new order notification, reset password emails, and messages from the contact form are not being sent to myself, nor to the customers. It does not matter if I use the php mailer or smtp. I do not want to use smtp anyway because the store generates to many emails and maxes out my daily allowable relays

Since I have been using Prestashop (many years now), I have never been able to resolve this issue, no matter what version of Prestashop I use. I asked about it a long time ago, but the only responses I got were people telling me not to use GoDaddy hosting. It wasn't a big deal at the time, so I just didn't rely on the email in the system. I am running several Prestashop sites now though and this is just no acceptable.

Telling people to just not use GoDaddy is not a good solution. GoDaddy is one of the leading hosting companies. I am a reseller for GoDaddy and have a TON of customers and my own personal websites with GoDaddy. I have different websites on different host accounts with different versions of Prestashop and not one of them has fully functioning email through Prestashop. One of the sites is using 1.5.2 and has the same exact issues as the older versions. There has to be some solution to this issue.

I have tried this suggested fix here with 1.5.2, but it does not work. http://www.presto-ch...-email-problems Some people have suggested it has something to do with the way Prestashop inserts/sends the "from" value to the GoDaddy mail server. If so, we need a workaround or something.

There are a lot of other people who have complained and even reported this as a bug, but none of the solutions I have seen work. I would love to get a solid solution to this issue. Thanks!

Edited by AFemaleProdigy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Its because godaddy uses smtp for, you have no choice. Most platforms actually have problems sending mail on godaddy, so you are not alone with your problems.

But, the best option is to switch off of godaddy, at some point you will end up having problems where you database will not connect under load, because they use sql servers not on the localhost. Also, you are pumping money into a company that does not support net neutrality.

Its because godaddy uses smtp for, you have no choice. Most platforms actually have problems sending mail on godaddy, so you are not alone with your problems.

But, the best option is to switch off of godaddy, at some point you will end up having problems where you database will not connect under load, because they use sql servers not on the localhost. Also, you are pumping money into a company that does not support net neutrality.

I don't agree with that. GoDaddy works fine with other php mailer forms in other applications. WordPress, vBulletin, osCommerce, CRE Loaded, Joomla, Magento, and many other's forms work just fine. I have used GoDaddy for years and Prestashop is the ONLY application whose email sending will not work. Sending the test email works. This all leads me to believe that the problem lies with the way Prestashop is trying to process emails. Prestashop seems to be doing something different than everyone else.

It bothers me that the only suggested solution is to drop GoDaddy. While Prestashop is a great application, I don't think it is wise to suggest that GoDaddy users just drop GoDaddy. With the number of GoDaddy users, plus the number of users in GoDaddy reseller websites, do you realize the massive number of people that would be backed into a corner? A lot of people would probably just choose a different cart solution. I know I have considered it for that reason. I have entirely too many websites set up with GoDaddy to drop just because Prestashop won't play nice with GoDaddy. I am sure I am not the only who feels that way.

I switched to GoDaddy after trying out a lot of other hosting companies as resellers, shared hosting, and dedicated hosting. While they are not perfect, I find the pros outweigh the cons.

I also want to add that I have never had any trouble with the way they have their databases set up. If I exceed my resources, they always have upgrades. As the original developer of www.Womens-Health.com I went through several upgraded dedicated servers (with the owner) and never had any troubles that would lead me to leave GoDaddy. That website gets a LOT of traffic.

• Like 1

I had a client that used godaddy and the servers choked on them and would not return db queries, I have actually had several that has happened to.

Godaddy supported SOPA, it cost godaddy millions of dollars with the exodus of clients. If I were you I would look at the various functions for sending email inside prestashop, there has to be a difference in the ones that send from the ones that do not send.

There are always going to random situations where a customer's DB chokes, regardless of the hosting, simply because they exceed the resources they are set up with. Or perhaps a malfunction. No service is perfect. Such issues can always be resolved with an upgraded package. The key is that these events happen rarely. I have been a web developer for 13 years. A good part of that has been with GoDaddy. I have had some occasions where I had issues with their service, but they have always been resolved.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I found a solution to my GoDaddy/Prestashop problem. I suggest that Prestashop takes a look at this solution and finds a way to implement this as an alternative in the BO, or at least provides a link in BO to the instructions for doing this. This all involved editing Prestashop code and using special settings in the SMTP BO section. That is NOT an error on GoDaddy's part. This method only works for using SMTP, not the phpmailer.

---- INSTRUCTIONS --

(copied from here: http://www.presto-ch...-email-problems )

There are a few reasons why Prestashop cannot send emails from your server, the most common ones are:

• "From" field doesn't match your domain.

• Incompatible additional headers.

Below are solutions to both:

In /tools/swift/Swift/Message.php line #79

Change

$this->setFrom("");

To

$this->setFrom("[email protected]");

In /tools/swift/Swift.php after line 370

if (!($has_reply_to = $message->getReplyTo())) $message->setReplyTo($from);

Add the following code:

if (!$has_reply_to[0]) $message->setReplyTo($from->getAddress());

In /tools/swift/Swift/Plugin/MailSend.php line # 159

Add

$params = "";

---- INSTRUCTIONS PART TWO ----

(copied from here: http://www.prestasho...post__p__632768 )

In order to be able to send email through our Godaddy hosting accounts you must use the following relay server in your smtp settings:

Mail Domain Name: yourdomain.com

SMTP Server: relay-hosting.secureserver.net

Do NOT provide a user name and password for this relay server as it does not require authentication.

Encryption: none

Port: 25.

Any variations and it will not work.

---- CONCLUSION ----

After doing all of those steps above, I created a new account in my store and received the new customer account welcome email. I sent a test email through the store contact form and received that. Then I created a BO order message to the customer and that was also sent with no problem. None of those would send before. All seems to be well now.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Am also hosted on GoDaddy. Do you think this will solve my problem where the virtual download email is not being sent? All other mails seem to work though.

I've tried 3 new fresh installs all are different version and have the same problem regardless of the Presashop version (1.4.017, 1.4.1, 1.4.3 and with default or custom theme).

• 1 month later...

Hi. I have the same problem Whit Godaddy. My Prestashop is 1.5.3.1.

:( Not send the emails contact, works test mail.

Thats odd, because I use GoDaddy shared hosting and the email works. I've been testing all week and the email registration and messages work fine. I'm using 1.5.3.1. also.

Thats odd, because I use GoDaddy shared hosting and the email works. I've been testing all week and the email registration and messages work fine. I'm using 1.5.3.1. also.

Hi,

settings that have?

Mail domain: ?????

Server SMTP: ?????

USER SMTP: ?????

Encriptation: ?????

PORT: ????

Can you tell me Sages Outdoors?

Thnx

Regards

Hi,

settings that have?

Mail domain: ?????

Server SMTP: ?????

USER SMTP: ?????

Encriptation: ?????

PORT: ????

Can you tell me Sages Outdoors?

Thnx

Regards

I just use the php mail option, the default on in my 1.5.3.1. Never tried the SMTP settings since the mail worked as is.

I can send messages as a customer, the customer invoice goes out, customer payment confirmation go out quickly too.

I can forward the site messages to other site contacts or "employees". With the mail alert module I get order alerts sent to my sales email. It does what I expected.

I use a GoDaddy Apache Linux server. I was surprised to see there were issues with GoDaddy email since the php mail has worked with no issues.

I use pop email from GoDaddy with the STMP setting with no issues either. Sorry, I can't say much about a fix, never had an issue with mail.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I am a bit frustrated. I had this fix working on 1.5.2.0 (GoDaddy Economy Hosting) and it just stopped working completely. I checked and I still have all of the changes intact. I did't do any upgrades or anything that would have changed it.

I also built another brand new shop on a different hosting account (GoDaddy Deluxe Secure Hosting) with 1.5.3.1 and checked to see if messages would send with the default php mailer or the smtp mail settings and none of it worked. So I implemented the changes above that once worked on the older versions, but those won't work either.

The modifications I said worked in 1.4.7 (GoDaddy Deluxe Secure Hosting) are still working on that site with no problems at all. I don't understand why this is no longer working for 1.5.2 or 1.5.3 or why the default settings would work for Sage Outdoors and not me or anyone else posting here.

I find this extremely frustrating that Prestashop is not contributing to this discussion, as I do not believe this is any sort of error on Godaddy's part, but some compatibility problem with the way Prestashop is trying to use the mail functions. Especially considering I was able to get it working with code modifications on 1.4.7.

I would appreciate it if anyone else is having this problem sending mail on a GoDaddy server to please share your trouble here so that Prestashop can see this is not just a small isolated incident. Also, if anyone else can confirm that they got the fix mentioned earlier to work, let us know.

Are you using a Windows Server? Have you asked to be moved to another machine? Its odd that two different sites have the same issue, are they on separate machines? They probably are if only one is secured.

You might try opening a GoDaddy tech ticket and ask why you have mail trouble on your sites and www.sagesoutdoors.com does not.

I've used their Economy Apache server with SSL added on for years with no issues except lagging data base speeds do to them running separate db servers. Its not bad, but noticeable. My up time has been good though. I will probably change next year when the contract is up since I can't get the friendly URL's to work.That bugs me.

I always use LAMP. And the two sites are on two completely different servers with completely different installation procedures.

I have talked to GoDaddy in the past and they assure me this is an issue with the way PS is coded. I use a lot of other self-installed applications on GoDaddy servers and they all send mail with no troubles. This is the only application that I have encountered this issue with.

How long ago did you set up that hosting account that is working for you? And is it Windows?

I guess your using a Windows server then?

For a web site that sells products like Prestashop I see no reason to use a Microsoft based server for my sites.

Slim trim Linux is open source. Never seen a reason to choose Windows over Linux for an e-commerce site. There is some Windows advantages supposedly for file sharing sharing printers and such, never messed with that personally.

If your on a GoDaddy Windows server, that's probably not helping your mail issues.. Though, I can't say it's your problem, I've never used Windows servers.

Well, that's not it then.

Have you tried a clean Prestashop install with no changes to see if the mail works? Default everything...

I've had my current 1.5.3.1 site up over month now live and the others were up over two months for testing. No major issues so far. But, my site is basic, nothing complicated.

Same problem here, with 1.5.3.1 and default configuration options...

No way I would change my hosting because of this. It is definitely an issue that PS should take serious, and analyse. I assume they would not have a problem to test with a Goddady hosting, nevertheless I would be happy to lend my hosting for prestashop guys to run their tests.

• Like 1

No way I would change my hosting because of this. It is definitely an issue that PS should take serious, and analyse. I assume they would not have a problem to test with a Goddady hosting, nevertheless I would be happy to lend my hosting for prestashop guys to run their tests.

Thanks for sharing. No one around here seems willing to accept that this is a big issue.

Well, that's not it then.

Have you tried a clean Prestashop install with no changes to see if the mail works? Default everything...

I've had my current 1.5.3.1 site up over month now live and the others were up over two months for testing. No major issues so far. But, my site is basic, nothing complicated.

Can you tell me exactly what type of hosting account you have with GoDaddy?

Hi. I have the same problem Whit Godaddy. My Prestashop is 1.5.3.1.

:( Not send the emails contact, works test mail.

The crude way of fixing relay issues is to edit ContactController.php. Find this string

$contact->email, $contact->name, $from

and replace it with:

$contact->email, $contact->name, '[email protected]'

hi all,

i got a same problem too !! thanks god i found it out before i launch my store. i host in go-daddy with their unlimited-hosting...

email got into BO, but got no mail inside godaddy mail-account... :((

it would be nice too if someone could change the title of this topic to be : UNSOLVED yet.. because it is obviously not solved.... ;)

any idea anyone with same problem ?? :) THANKS !

cheers !

The crude way of fixing relay issues is to edit ContactController.php. Find this string

and replace it with:

I do believe that was part of my first suggested fix and did not work for the newer version of PS.

hi all,

i got a same problem too !! thanks god i found it out before i launch my store. i host in go-daddy with their unlimited-hosting...

email got into BO, but got no mail inside godaddy mail-account... :((

it would be nice too if someone could change the title of this topic to be : UNSOLVED yet.. because it is obviously not solved.... ;)

any idea anyone with same problem ?? :) THANKS !

cheers !

I removed the "SOLVED" from the title.

It would be nice if PS would take you up on that offer.

Hi Female Prodigy,

Cool.. Thanks for changing it ;)

Do you have problem too when a new client registers to your shop ? I tried to register myself, and I did not get any email confirmation. And when I tried to reply email that comes from contact-form that I sent, the BO said it is sent, but I did not get anything in my mailbox...... :blink:

I do believe that was part of my first suggested fix and did not work for the newer version of PS.

I removed the "SOLVED" from the title.

It would be nice if PS would take you up on that offer.

Hi again Female Prodigy and all who have problem with PS email sending,

I browsed googled left and right, and find an answer from GoDaddy's forum, that is exactly the same like your tips below Female Prodigy... And I tested it, without the Instruction Part One.... Surprisingly IT'S WORKING !! I hope it will not stop for some reason... :rolleyes:

• I tried to send mail from contact-form, I received it in my mailbox

• I tried to register myself as a new client, I received the registration confirmation email

• I replied the message I have in BO, and received it

Cross my fingers -- hopefully it will always work, without any delay, or a sudden-death ! :P

---- INSTRUCTIONS PART TWO ----

(copied from here: http://www.prestasho...post__p__632768 )

In order to be able to send email through our Godaddy hosting accounts you must use the following relay server in your smtp settings:

Mail Domain Name: yourdomain.com

Do NOT provide a user name and password for this relay server as it does not require authentication.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@AFemaleProdigy:

We're also long time GoDaddy fans (10+ years), and though we have domains with a few other companies Most of our domains and all our clients' domains are hosted with GoDaddy. And yes, I can't tell you how many times we've been told we should switch.

We've done a large number of e-commerce sites for clients, but we just installed our first PrestaShop site a few months ago. And though we've had a lot of issues to work through, emails haven't been one of them. Until last week.

We simply left the store at the default PHP, and never had an issue. All emails for all instances are sent without issue. Then the first virtual product (music file) was sold. It seems no matter what we do or try, we can't get the email with the download link to go out.

That's the only email that doesn't work, but so far I have no idea why. Otherwise, no problem at all from day one with GoDaddy and outgoing emails using PHP.

If anybody has any thoughts on why the virtual download email won't send, though, I'd be glad to hear them...

• Like 1

Had to make an account just to respond to the repeated defense of GoDaddy. They're awful, they overcharge, the system is unstable and outdated at times (by times I mean most of the time), the UI is garbage compared to Cpanel and so many other issues.

There's not one redeeming quality in this company compared to Hostgator or a similar company. At the shared account option GoDaddy is a laymen man's h*ll. I rank them as awful as NetworkSolutions and their customer support is well below average. Reminds me of the old Hewett Packard support.

Plus, they force you into higher plans for services offered by competing companies, who support the systems better, at a lower price. This comes from design and installing a minimum of 3-5 sites monthly for 3 years.

Edited by brandzzzgraphics (see edit history)

This isn't really the venue to get into hosting dicussions, but I do have to disagree with you brandzzz.

No company has a 100% satisfaction rate, and I'm sure there are a lot of people who have had bad experiences with GoDaddy. However, last year (according to published numbers) they were not only the number one host again, but they were quadruple the registrations of their closest competitor. If what the GoDaddy naysayers are saying were true, that would have to mean there are a ton of people out there who just aren't aware they're having problems.

We have over 30 domains ourselves with GoDaddy, and have over 200 clients hosted there. From standard 10 page sites to e-commerce, blogs, scheduling systems, and just about anything else you can think of. Never a complaint form a client, and we have no complaints about their hosting or their service. I just don't see how that can possibly translate into something as bad as you're saying.

As I said, I'm sure there are people who have had their issues, or are used to another system and like it better than GoDaddy for whatever reason, but I'd have to say it's pretty hard to argue with the numbers. If 100 people like chicken soup, and 2 people don't, it's really not a valid argument for those 2 people to say chicken soup sucks...

GoDaddy email works fine still with my 1.5.3.1 shop. I've put three sites with them and the up-time has been better than any other I've tried. Customer support has been excellent, they don't offer a great product though, not as fast as other options etc. I don't like the stupid back end that just a sales machine.

All three of my Pestashop installs on different machines with GoDaddy worked fine except for friendly URL's. The question is why do some have email issues and others don't? That is the question!

Hi Sages,

Many of the problems people experience are specific to their particular installations. Sometimes it's as a simple as an htaccess issue, sometimes a php.ini issue, sometimes something else. I've seen two identical stores on the same host have slightly different issues.

I think part of it is also how PrestaShop is written, because I can also have an issue in one browser (like IE), but not in another (like FF).

I've been working with the team at Agile and I think we've come up with a solution (in our case) for the virtual product download email, which was the only email problem we had. It required a small change in OrderHistory.php, and didn't have anything to do with GoDaddy.

The thing is, the fix seems to be slightly different for different installations. Go figure. In the end, I think the problem is something that needs to be address by PrestaShop, just can't say how right now...

Edited by CodeDog (see edit history)

All three of my Pestashop installs on different machines with GoDaddy worked fine except for friendly URL's.

Sage, we had trouble with friendly URLs also, but finally got around the problem using redirects. Works great now....

Thankfully php mail works for me, otherwise I could not go live. But, there is a number of bugs in 1.5 that have been around way too long. I think we are all hoping for Pestashop to blossom soon into a serious platform. I know I am waiting on module purchases till its more stable.

Not sure what is meant by redirects, is there a thread on that? I need to look into the friendly URL issue.

Yes, PHP mail works for us also, and has since we installed PS. The only one that didn't was the virtual product download email.

I agree, the more we got into it the more I found issues that have been around for at least a couple years in the bug tracker. Some were reported to be fixed some time back, but they weren't. I don't know what kind of QA system they have, but if the QA testing were better and somebody realized the North American market could be substantial they could make big strides.

The issue with taxes being deducted from discounts (as they do in Europe) has been said to have been addressed multiple times, but still hasn't. I'm still fighting that one. Here we only tax after any discounts have been applied. There should be an option for that.

No thread that I know of on the redirects. As I mentioned earlier, I've been working with the Agile people and Kinro from Agile figured that one out. It is a workaround, but it works great.

Full disclosure, since I started using PrestaShop 7-8 months ago and found the Agile products, I've started working with them on a few projects, so technically I'm connected to them now...

and replace it with:

No, that suggestion does not work either. Not for 1.5.3.1 anyway. I tried my initial suggestions and everyone else's and the email is not working at all. Neither PHP nor SMTP.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally appears that I got it to work with 1.5.4.0 and GoDaddy!

Change

$this->setFrom("");

To

Add the following code:

Add

$params = "";

SMTP Settings

Mail Domain Name: yourdomain.com (no www)

SMTP Server: smtpout.secureserver.net

SMTP User: your full email address

Password: your email password

Port: 80

Make sure you have SMTP relay turned on in your GoDaddy email settings. You may need to buy additional relays. By default, most hosting with them comes with only 250 relays. You will have one relay for every email out. Remember, emails are generated for welcome email for new users, new customer email to you, wishlist alert emails, newsletter emails, order emails, order history change emails, etc. You will use up 250 fast!

• Like 2

Most of our emails worked on GoDaddy from day one, AFP, except for a couple. Those were the virtual product download link, and one or two others that were sent from 3rd party modules.

The person who finally figured out the workaround for them was Kinro from Agile Modules. Very sharp guy, and great company to work with. I don't know what their current workload might be, but I know they do custom PS work. You might want to ask at their contact page. You can find them at:

http://addons-modules.com

Change

$this->setFrom("");

To

Add the following code:

Add

$params = "";

SMTP Settings

Make sure you have SMTP relay turned on in your GoDaddy email settings. You may need to buy additional relays. By default, most hosting with them comes with only 250 relays. You will have one relay for every email out. Remember, emails are generated for welcome email for new users, new customer email to you, wishlist alert emails, newsletter emails, order emails, order history change emails, etc. You will use up 250 fast!

If I am using gmail, there is no need for me to configure the SMTP settings right?

I tried to use the solution from post #42

but then even the test email outputs an error directly

Error: Please check your configuration
The SMTP connection failed to start [smtpout.secureserver.net:25]: fsockopen returned Error Number 111 and Error String 'Connection refused'

when I remove the full email adress (leave user and pass blank) and use relay-mail server the messaging works partly (as it does with the phpmailer where I started from).

Register new customer mails+payment processing works.

But I can't answer customer service or send a message to customers from the BO.

Edited by vinatec (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

@ AFemaleProdigy

Same problem with Bluehost also Resseller; works out of the box on shared.

My Set up: Bluehost Reseller + LAMP + Prestashop 1.4.8

The solution you provided did not to work until I chaged mail setting in the BO from SMTP back to PHP mail().

I suspect that the issue is to do with the way resseller accounts and speciffically Private Nameservers are setup.

I will be doing futher tests today to verify then will post a step-by-step.

Have been testing this and now it look like things are working fine...

Server Setting are: Bluehost Reseller + LAMP + Prestashop v1.4.8.

Mail Settings: Both text & HTML in BO

Here is what I did:

1. Followed AFemaleProdigy fix above (see # 44); exept I used PhPmail( ) insted of SMTP for my mail settings.

2. Tested the following

a. Registered New Account

- Welcome Email sent - OK.

b. Sent Message on the contact us form

- Notification sent to Customer - OK

- Replied to the Customer in Back office - OK

c. Test Password Reset Customer Details

- Reset password link sent to Customer - OK

- New password e-mailed to Customer - OK

d. Ordered Digital Download (NOTE if Processing with Paypal, you need to approve order manually. So make sure to log in BO - As Soon As Possible to approve order )

- Email Sent to Merchant - OK

- Email Sent to Buyer by Payment Processor - OK

- Order confirmation Email - OK

- Payment Accepted email sent out - OK

- Digital Download link sent out - NO

Item yet to resolve - Download Link Email. Hope this Helps.

Edited by superduperfly (see edit history)

Change

$this->setFrom("");

To

Add the following code:

Add

$params = "";

SMTP Settings

AFP - I am successful making this work on GoDaddy just with the SMTP server settings, without the modifications to Message.php

Previously I was getting failures sending to AOL, Yahoo and MSN addresses. With the updated SMTP settings, the messages are sent.

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno is it problem becouse my smtp server is smtpout.europe.secureserver.net but i try all this 10000 times and still just testing mail work nothing else... If i soon dont fix this I will realy....

I realy dont know what else to try... If i knew this befoure starting web shop i would never take goddady hosting... this is so frustrating.

Please if someone can help m!

Edited by shadyns (see edit history)

@Shadyns,

I am with GoDaddy and came across your post. The SMTP server you specified is only intended for use with our email accounts and not with our hosting. The URL below should give more information on the correct SMTP server to use:

http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/951/what-email-or-relay-server-should-i-use-in-my-php-code

If you update the SMTP server and still receive errors, please respond with the details of the errors here or in a private message, and we'll take a closer look.

--Mike

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Change

$this->setFrom("");

To

Add the following code:

Add

$params = "";

SMTP Settings

Hi AFP,

I encountered the same problem. The email just stopped working suddenly. I followed your solution and now everything is fixed. You are right. It's not godaddy's problem. Thank you soooooooo much!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

He tenido este mismo problema. Tengo hosting con Goddady, me lo han solucionado en cinco minutos.

La solución:

Dominio para emails: no poner

Servidor SMTP: smtpout.europe.secureserver.net (Esto para europa cada zona tiene el suyo)

Usuario SMTP: [email protected]

Clave SMTP: La contraseña del correo

Cifrado: Ninguno

Puerto: 80

Funciona perfectamente. Saludos

• 10 months later...

Change

$this->setFrom("");

To

Add the following code:

Add

$params = "";

SMTP Settings

Thanks for solution...

This works for me..Prestashop  1.5.6.2

• 1 month later...

Change

$this->setFrom("");

To

Add the following code:

Add

$params = "";

SMTP Settings

Thank you so Much You are great... :) 

GOD Bless you..! 

Its work in prestashop 1.5.4.1 

Prestashop and Go-daddy have conflict in email sending. So it is the best and ever best solution for it. 

Really appreciate you.

Thanks for sharing. No one around here seems willing to accept that this is a big issue.

Problem is is that we see the word Godaddy and figure people don't take their eCommerce solution very serious in the first place so we sometimes ignore the posts. We already ignore the fact that Godaddy refuses to enforce their terms of service and remove accounts that violate it such as child pornography sites, hate sites, spammer sites. We already ignore the fact that we get over 500,000 spam messages successfully sent from their email servers.  We ignore the fact that their servers are typically misconfigured, not secured and a playground for hackers. This includes misconfigurations that have caused this issue you are having.  We ignore dead elephants, giant hacks with compromised user information, email lists mined and sold to foreign countries.  We ignore a lot and it's only because of the word Godaddy.  

Merchants want a great eCommerce solution where they can make $50K-200K a month having the best servers, configured for the best search engine optimization, the best performance, 100% uptime, and 24/7/365.  Then they pay Godaddy $5 expecting to get it. 

Build your business and eCommerce solution wisely and you will see a successful web presence.  Just HAD to put it out there.

Edited by A-Z Hosting (see edit history)
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...

I just want to thank AFP for sticking to her guns about Godaddy and finally finding a solution. The last solution worked for me for PS 1.6.0.8. 

My problem was with all the mail generated by the system (ex. order confirmation, new client email, payment accepted, shipped etc...) but ONLY those sent to Hotmail accounts, Live, gmail etc... The emails would actually work when they were sent to a @mydomain.com email address. 

I was going CRAZY with this issue and could not find a solution.  AFP is right.  The problem is not with Godaddy or any of the host providers BUT with the PS script. 

I really wish that the PS geniuses would take a good look into this because this is a recurring problem that basically makes our PS installation worthless when you operate a website that needs to communicate with its clients.

I implemented the latest solution but without the change in the Message.php (line 79) because I wanted the FROM filed to state the name of the shop instead of an email address and it STILL WORKED.

Thank G-od for this solution !!!

• 2 months later...

Well, I am a bit frustrated. I had this fix working on 1.5.2.0 (GoDaddy Economy Hosting) and it just stopped working completely. I checked and I still have all of the changes intact. I did't do any upgrades or anything that would have changed it.

I also built another brand new shop on a different hosting account (GoDaddy Deluxe Secure Hosting) with 1.5.3.1 and checked to see if messages would send with the default php mailer or the smtp mail settings and none of it worked. So I implemented the changes above that once worked on the older versions, but those won't work either.

The modifications I said worked in 1.4.7 (GoDaddy Deluxe Secure Hosting) are still working on that site with no problems at all. I don't understand why this is no longer working for 1.5.2 or 1.5.3 or why the default settings would work for Sage Outdoors and not me or anyone else posting here.

I find this extremely frustrating that Prestashop is not contributing to this discussion, as I do not believe this is any sort of error on Godaddy's part, but some compatibility problem with the way Prestashop is trying to use the mail functions. Especially considering I was able to get it working with code modifications on 1.4.7.

I would appreciate it if anyone else is having this problem sending mail on a GoDaddy server to please share your trouble here so that Prestashop can see this is not just a small isolated incident. Also, if anyone else can confirm that they got the fix mentioned earlier to work, let us know.

my frustration is now @$$$!!!!!

how do i explain this to my client? sounds so unprofessional that this wont work becas Godaddy and prestashop ..... arrghhhhhhh

• 2 months later...
Fixing Email Problems

This page was written in English, please see the English version for the correct code changes.

There are a few reasons why Prestashop cannot send emails from your server, the most common ones are:

◾"From" field doesn't match your domain.
◾Incompatible additional headers.

Below are solutions to both:

Change

$this->setFrom(""); 

To

Add the following code:

if (!$has_reply_to[0])
$message->setReplyTo($from->getAddress()); 

Now try sending a contact message....

If it still doesn’t work, make the following change:

Add

$params = ""; 

its working with me on PS 1.6 SO good Thank you so much I tried other ways all dosenot working this the only one worked with me on godaddy

Edited by mohamedsaid2005xp (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

Hi guys. 

I tried all instructions and still doesn´t work. Prestashop 1.6.0.9

I still not reciving any emails about order, messages, mesagges about orders, replies through admin pannel.

Godaddy doesn´t help me through chat. 

I send myself test email and no problems, but only this works for me :( 

What is wrong with this???

• 1 year later...

Change

$this->setFrom("");

To

Add the following code:

Add

$params = "";

SMTP Settings

I got version 1.6.1.6 working perfectly.  Thank you AFP!  I followed part of your instructions on this thread.

I did not make any changes to PHP files.  All I did was the following:

SMTP Settings

The trick was setting it to port 80!

Thanks again!

• 1 year later...

Hi,

In 2018 Prestashop 1.7., Goddady No matter what you do E-MAIL not work I tried everything:

Work space: No work

Cpanel E-mail : No work

Office 365 : No Work

The only that work : PHP ( Not secure at all)

There is no way to use any of those E-mail ZERO, NADA , I don't know what's is wrong .

I don't understand why I need to make modifications to my installation or server or whatever in order to send and received E-mails.

That is Ridiculous and out of any common sense , in 2018 something that simple like sending and received E-mail.

Conclusion: 1) Or Prestashop No work well at all or

2) you need to look for another Hosting Company

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 11/3/2012 at 11:23 PM, AFemaleProdigy said:

I just have to reply to this post.

After a week of googling, this solved my SMTP form mail problem.

Surprised that I found the solution outside the Godaddy forum. 

I used smtpout.secureserver.net which I found in all articles. And it just would not send a test email. 

Thank you so much. I hope your post helped many who have websites hosted on Godaddy and need the form mail function.

Best regards,

Jun

• 7 months later...
On 9/24/2022 at 10:27 AM, Jun Bernardo said:

I just have to reply to this post.

After a week of googling, this solved my SMTP form mail problem.

Surprised that I found the solution outside the Godaddy forum. 

I used smtpout.secureserver.net which I found in all articles. And it just would not send a test email. 

Thank you so much. I hope your post helped many who have websites hosted on Godaddy and need the form mail function.

Best regards,

Jun

@Jun BernardoHow did you manage to solve the problem in 1.7? did you change anything in the prestashop code or something?

Edited by Kid_JM (see edit history)