add {message} to order_conf.html

bart81

In the new_order.html template there is a variable called {message}, which displays the message given by the customer.

I want to display this message {message} also in the order_conf.html which is send to the customer.

When I put this variable in the email template it doesn't display the message, just {message}, how can I fix this?

Any help would be apprecitaed!

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Bart

Hello,

The order_conf message is set up in the PaymentModule classes' ValidateOrder method, a 500+ row, text-book example of how not to do OOP. Since this method is crucial to PrestaShop's order workflow, overriding it would be a high-risk operation, as an upgrade most probably would break your shop. Editing it would be plausible, but then you'd have to make the same alterations over and over again when you update your shop.

There is, however, a sneaky, somewhat clean way, to force variables into E-mail templates - overriding the Mail class. Try copying the following into a new file Mail.php into your override/classes folder:

<?php

class Mail extends MailCore
{
  public static function Send($id_lang, $template, $subject, $template_vars, $to,
    $to_name = null, $from = null, $from_name = null, $file_attachment = null, $mode_smtp = null, $template_path = _PS_MAIL_DIR_, $die = false, $id_shop = null)
  {
    if($template == 'order_conf' && empty($template_vars['{message}'])){
      $context = Context::getContext();
      if(!empty($context->cart->id)){
        $message = Message::getMessageByCartId($context->cart->id);
        $template_vars['{message}'] = empty($message['message']) ? '' : $message['message'];
      }
    }

return parent::Send($id_lang, $template, $subject, $template_vars, $to,
           $to_name, $from, $from_name, $file_attachment, $mode_smtp, $template_path, $die, $id_shop);
  }

} 

Delete your cache/class_index.php file and try it out. You should be able to use the {message} flag.

On a sidenote, I can think of countless use cases why a hook to add variables to mail templates be a great addition to a new PS version.

Edited by jgullstr (see edit history)
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...