Cheque Payment PROBLEM

When customers pay by the cheque option this what they see at the top of the payment confirmation page:

Sorry, unfortunately an error occured during the transaction.

Please double-check your credit card details and try again or feel free to contact us to resolve this issue.

(Your Order's Reference: XXXXXXXXX)

The payment is complete, so customers should NOT see the above message.

Any ideas on how to sort this out?

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam, I think this is your Stripe payment module.  The version of Stripe being used, the module did not check to see if the order was paid using Stripe, it just assumes it was.  So it spits out its confirmation message regardless of payment method used.

I've been told by PS team that a new Stripe module is in the works and is being tested, and hopefully it will address this issue.

When customers pay by the cheque option this what they see at the top of the payment confirmation page:

Sorry, unfortunately an error occured during the transaction.

Please double-check your credit card details and try again or feel free to contact us to resolve this issue.

(Your Order's Reference: XXXXXXXXX)

The payment is complete, so customers should NOT see the above message.

Any ideas on how to sort this out?

Thanks,

Adam

Hi Adam, I believe this error was fixed in the minor updated version released today. This does not include the GBP update but other smaller fixes. If you want to try it out you can download the updated version here, http://addons.prestashop.com/en/payments-gateways-prestashop-modules/6611-stripe.html

When the major update is released in the upcoming days I will be sure to let you know. 

• Like 1

Hi Adam, I believe this error was fixed in the minor updated version released today. This does not include the GBP update but other smaller fixes. If you want to try it out you can download the updated version here, http://addons.prestashop.com/en/payments-gateways-prestashop-modules/6611-stripe.html

When the major update is released in the upcoming days I will be sure to let you know. 

Hi Benjamin,

I have our site live and completed a real payment by cheque transaction.  I received the same error message (acting as the customer).  The order in the Back Office looks correct after the transaction is complete, and the order looks correct if you click on 'My Orders' (acting as the customer).

I don't have Stripe installed.  We use these two payment modules:

Payment by check 2.3

and

PayPal USA, Canada 1.2.5

We're based in the United States.

Thanks,

Brian

The paypal usa module has the same issue as Stripe.  Unfortunately Prestashop fails to create modules that conform to their own specifications.

Open paypalusa.php file and located this function hookOrderConfirmation

public function hookOrderConfirmation($params)
    {
        if (isset($params['objOrder']) && Validate::isLoadedObject($params['objOrder']) && isset($params['objOrder']->valid) &&
                version_compare(_PS_VERSION_, '1.5', '>=') && isset($params['objOrder']->reference))
        {
            $this->smarty->assign('paypal_usa_order', array('id' => $params['objOrder']->id, 'reference' => $params['objOrder']->reference, 'valid' => $params['objOrder']->valid));

return $this->display(__FILE__, 'views/templates/hooks/order-confirmation.tpl');
        }
    }

Change that function to the following

{
        //bellini: add the following 2 lines.  This will check if the payment was made using a different payment method, and will not return anything
        if (!isset($params['objOrder']) || ($params['objOrder']->module != $this->name))
            return false;

if (isset($params['objOrder']) && Validate::isLoadedObject($params['objOrder']) && isset($params['objOrder']->valid) &&
                version_compare(_PS_VERSION_, '1.5', '>=') && isset($params['objOrder']->reference))
        {
            $this->smarty->assign('paypal_usa_order', array('id' => $params['objOrder']->id, 'reference' => $params['objOrder']->reference, 'valid' => $params['objOrder']->valid));

return $this->display(__FILE__, 'views/templates/hooks/order-confirmation.tpl');
        }
    }

• Like 1

The paypal usa module has the same issue as Stripe.  Unfortunately Prestashop fails to create modules that conform to their own specifications.

{
        {

}
    }

{
        //bellini: add the following 2 lines.  This will check if the payment was made using a different payment method, and will not return anything
        if (!isset($params['objOrder']) || ($params['objOrder']->module != $this->name))
            return false;

{

}
    }

Hi Mike, was this code change added on Github as well? Thank you so much for the support! 

{
        {

}
    }

{
            return false;

{

}
    }

thank you so much, realy helped me ;)