[SOLVED] PrestaShop 1.5.5.0 White Screen Fresh Install

Hi All

Not a complete newbie to PrestaShop as I have used it before when hosted with an ISP.

However, I am installing it on our own server now and get a white screen on both the Front and Back Office.

I have turned on the debug/logging, and get the following.....

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'Unable to load template file '\\192.168.0.100\DATA\Web\Content\inkymitts.co.uk\wwwroot\prestashop/modules/favoriteproducts/views/templates/hook/favoriteproducts-header.tpl'' in \\192.168.0.100\DATA\Web\Content\inkymitts.co.uk\wwwroot\prestashop\tools\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templatebase.php:127 Stack trace: #0 \\192.168.0.100\DATA\Web\Content\inkymitts.co.uk\wwwroot\prestashop\classes\module\Module.php(1662): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch() #1 \\192.168.0.100\DATA\Web\Content\inkymitts.co.uk\wwwroot\prestashop\modules\favoriteproducts\favoriteproducts.php(105): ModuleCore->display('\\192.168.0.100...', 'favoriteproduct...') #2 \\192.168.0.100\DATA\Web\Content\inkymitts.co.uk\wwwroot\prestashop\classes\Hook.php(457): FavoriteProducts->hookDisplayHeader(Array) #3 \\192.168.0.100\DATA\Web\Content\inkymitts.co.uk\wwwroot\prestashop\classes\controller\FrontController.php(423): HookCore::exec('displayHeader') #4 \\192.168.0.100\DATA\Web\Content\inky in \\192.168.0.100\DATA\Web\Content\inkymitts.co.uk\wwwroot\prestashop\tools\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 127

Can anyone help?

Thanks In Advance.

Paul

Not sure where it exactly comes from, but it looks like there is some confusion/mix-up between slashes and backslashes in the first file path:

'\\192.168.0.100\DATA\Web\Content\inkymitts.co.uk\wwwroot\prestashop/modules/favoriteproducts/views/templates/hook/favoriteproducts-header.tpl''

Can imagine this causes problems...

My 2 cents,

pascal

Pascal, everything is fine there, this is how windows OS based hosts show paths :|

You beat me to it.... Yes IIS is the server and therefore the path would show like that.

However, I have just made a discovery in that if I copy the presta folder locally to the IIS host - it all works.

Get the feeling that it is in fact an IIS permission issue, which I accept cannot be resolved here.

If anyone has any ideas tho......

:)

Edited by paultilley100 (see edit history)

Pascal, everything is fine there, this is how windows OS based hosts show paths :|

Shouldn't then all the other file-paths mentioned it the first post (the ones that you see if you scroll to the right) have the same layout? The others all use '\' for the full paths...

confused....

pascal

You beat me to it.... Yes IIS is the server and therefore the path would show like that.

However, I have just made a discovery in that if I copy the presta folder locally to the IIS host - it all works.

Get the feeling that it is in fact an IIS permission issue, which I accept cannot be resolved here.

If anyone has any ideas tho......

:)

I CAN imagine that it works there, because then the path is correctly formatted as /full/path/to/all/files with only forward slashes...

As said, confused...

So Im still battling with this - just dont understand it.

When the files are local it all works - when the files are on a UNC path is fails.

Process monitor seems to show that when the php compiler finishes, it doesnt hand over to the w3wp process when running remotely, but locally it works fine.

Any PHP setting that I have missed?

Desperate.

Paul

This is running on our own IIS Server.

I have made some discoveries.... when running IIS pointing to a local path, ie c:\domains\im\wwwroot\prestashop\ it all works.

When pointing IIS to a network drive for access to the content ie \\fileserver\data\web\content\im\wwwroot\prestashop\ it fails.

Now......

My question is now this....Does prestashop rewrite paths anywhere because I have found the following using process monitor:

Local copy: Tries to create a file in...

c:\domains\im\wwwroot\prestashop\modules\favoriteproducts\views\templates\hook\favoriteproducts-header.tpl

AND SUCCEEDS!!

Network copy seems to knacker the path, as follows:

\\fileserver\data\FILESERVER\DATA\data\web\content\...

notice the duplicated initial path start.

Any ideas?

Paul,

Can you try to MAP the network drive (say K:) and then use the mapped path (like K:\...)?

Unfortunately, this is not an option in IIS, however - I have solved the problem by running PrestaShop locally.

I now have a new problem which I am starting a new thread for

Paul