images not showing after upgrading 1.5.5.0

hi guys,

just upgraded my presta shop from 1.5.4 to 1.5.5.0

after successful upgrade my product images are not showing up. kindly can someone help me to resolve this please?

(file attached for reference)

Regards

Niyaz

post-260951-0-06094600-1377798567_thumb.jpg

I have the same problem after upgrading form 1.5.4.1 to 1.5.5. I try to regenerate images with friendly url on and off but I keep on getting this error:

319 errors

• Original image is missing or empty (/home/zackv1/public_html/img/p/5/6/56.jpg)
  • Original image is missing or empty (/home/zackv1/public_html/img/p/6/8/68.jpg)
  • Original image is missing or empty (/home/zackv1/public_html/img/p/6/9/69.jpg)
  • Original image is missing or empty (/home/zackv1/public_html/img/p/7/0/70.jpg)

ok, so you switched from using the legacy file system, to the new file system. Not sure if the upgrade forced this to happen, or if you changed the setting before or after the upgrade.

This is the legacy location. All images are located directly within the 'p' folder. In this old system, 96=product id, 197=image id

...../img/p/96-197.jpg

This is the new location, images are located in sub folders of the 'p' folder. The folder /1/9/6 is supposed to match the image id.

...../img/p/1/9/6/197.jpg

So in the example you gave me, do you see the problem? The image id is 197, but the folder is /1/9/6, these need to match

Hi everyone !

I have the same problem with the location of images.

1.5.5.0 is looking for img with the new system and there is no possibility to change the img location system like in 1.4.

In this case, the upgrade to 1.5.5.0 is not possible and we are waiting the next upgrade with the hope that this BUG will be corrected.

Jean-Marie

Would this image file location issue be the same if you had loaded a CSV with image file locations you created?  I would think that even if 1.5.5 puts the thumbnail files into new locations, if you regenerated thumbnails after installing 1.5.5, prestashop would just go back and pull the original from the image file location you created, make new thumbnails, and put them wherever it liked.  BUT everything would work alright?

I have uploaded image files through ftp that correlate to a csv spreadsheet of inventory, so I would want to know if I would have to rename every image file location on my csv's and reupload the inventory, or if the image files would work on their own, or through regenerating thumbnails.

Thank you!

I have the same problem after upgrading form 1.5.4.1 to 1.5.5. I try to regenerate images with friendly url on and off but I keep on getting this error:

319 errors

• Original image is missing or empty (/home/zackv1/public_html/img/p/5/6/56.jpg)
  • Original image is missing or empty (/home/zackv1/public_html/img/p/6/8/68.jpg)
  • Original image is missing or empty (/home/zackv1/public_html/img/p/6/9/69.jpg)
  • Original image is missing or empty (/home/zackv1/public_html/img/p/7/0/70.jpg)

hi guys,

just upgraded my presta shop from 1.5.4 to 1.5.5.0

after successful upgrade my product images are not showing up. kindly can someone help me to resolve this please?

(file attached for reference)

Regards

Niyaz

Check this http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/272333-solved-how-to-dont-show-product-images-after-upgrade-to-155/

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi there,

I came across this problem upgrading to 1.5.6.2, where "original image is missing or empty" and I got hundreds of errors on regenerating thumbnails resulting in all images being replaced by a question mark.

It seems to be an issue with the legacy image storing system. Previous versions allowed me to continue using the legacy system in which images were stored inside this folder: Prestashop/img/p/ as a list of images e.g.: product ID 201
201-1.jpg
201-1-home.jpg
201-1-thickbox.jpg
201-1-large.jpg   etc.

The new filing system is a little different, using nested folders rather than a huge number of image files in one folder.
Take product ID 201 again.
Would be stored in prestashop/img/p/2/0/1/ as

201-home.jpg

201-large.jpg

201-medium.jpg    etc...

So PS 1.5.6.2 has been shipped to default to NOT use the Legacy system, and also not offer a choice.
So, even if your updated system displays images using the legacy system, as soon as you regenerate thumbnails, (and delete all existing images) it will delete the legacy images, but then not find any images in the nested folders to regenerate. In short you are f***ed.

Solution.
Edit line 56 of prestashop/controllers/admin/AdminImagesController.php from 

(or whatever it says)

$this->display_move = false;

to 

$this->display_move = true;

Then, in the backend, you should go to preferences > images

and at the bottom of the page, find an button to MOVE IMAGES from the Legacy system to the new system. You can look in the prestashop/img/p folder to confirm that they have been moved and renamed to a nested system. 

Then where it says: Use the legacy image filesystem, click on "no".

Check your images display on your front end, then you should be right to regenerate your thumbnails without the images being deleted or de-linked.

• 1 month later...