Slow website

rashed

Just an update

I did Webpagetest and the total load time was 10.975s, what i can see takes most time is the time to first byte which is 7348ms

I deactivated all the modules the load time view is about 10.574s and here the first byte is 7643ms

Is it the webhosting server which is slow?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your replies, and sorry for late reply was out of town.

As your suggestion i did 3 test i both "webpagetest.org" and "tools.pingdom.com" first the original website second one by turning off the CCC and cache, and the third test by just putting a html page.

Test1 gave 25.058s in webpagetest.org and 16,15s in http://tools.pingdom.com

Test2 gave 18,347s in webpagetest.org and 22.51s in http://tools.pingdom.com

Test3 gave 0,415s in webpagetest.org and 0,538s in http://tools.pingdom.com

Probably you are using a hosting service with weak parameters

You can send the parameters of the server?

PHP Core

allow_call_time_pass_reference On On allow_url_fopen On On allow_url_include Off Off always_populate_raw_post_data Off Off arg_separator.input & & arg_separator.output & & asp_tags Off Off auto_append_file no value no value auto_globals_jit On On auto_prepend_file no value no value browscap /usr/share/php-browscap/browscap-data.ini /usr/share/php-browscap/browscap-data.ini default_charset no value no value default_mimetype text/html text/html define_syslog_variables Off Off disable_classes no value no value disable_functions no value no value display_errors On On display_startup_errors Off Off doc_root no value no value docref_ext no value no value docref_root no value no value enable_dl Off Off error_append_string no value no value error_log no value no value error_prepend_string no value no value error_reporting 6135 6135 expose_php Off Off extension_dir /usr/lib/php5/ext/ /usr/lib/php5/ext/ file_uploads On On highlight.bg #FFFFFF #FFFFFF highlight.comment #FF8000 #FF8000 highlight.default #0000BB #0000BB highlight.html #000000 #000000 highlight.keyword #007700 #007700 highlight.string #DD0000 #DD0000 html_errors On On ignore_repeated_errors Off Off ignore_repeated_source Off Off ignore_user_abort Off Off implicit_flush Off Off include_path .:/usr/share/php5/ .:/usr/share/php5/ log_errors Off Off log_errors_max_len 1024 1024 magic_quotes_gpc On On magic_quotes_runtime Off Off magic_quotes_sybase Off Off mail.force_extra_parameters no value no value max_execution_time 40 40 max_file_uploads 20 20 max_input_nesting_level 64 64 max_input_time -1 -1 memory_limit 32M 32M open_basedir no value no value output_buffering no value no value output_handler no value no value post_max_size 8M 8M precision 12 12 realpath_cache_size 16K 16K realpath_cache_ttl 120 120 register_argc_argv Off Off register_globals Off Off register_long_arrays On On report_memleaks On On report_zend_debug On On safe_mode On On safe_mode_exec_dir /usr/bin/ /usr/bin/ safe_mode_gid On On safe_mode_include_dir /usr/ /usr/ sendmail_from no value no value sendmail_path /usr/sbin/sendmail -v 789414 -c 27136 -t -i -f [email protected] /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i -f [email protected] serialize_precision 100 100 short_open_tag On On SMTP localhost localhost smtp_port 25 25 sql.safe_mode Off Off track_errors Off Off unserialize_callback_func no value no value upload_max_filesize 10M 10M upload_tmp_dir /shared/upload_tmp /shared/upload_tmp user_dir no value no value variables_order EGPCS EGPCS xmlrpc_error_number 0 0 xmlrpc_errors Off Off y2k_compliance On On zend.ze1_compatibility_mode Off Off

Test3 gave 0,415s in webpagetest.org and 0,538s in http://tools.pingdom.com

I'm not sure that I like the half second it took to simply load a static html page

next I would try a simple php script that queries the mysql database and loads all of the config records. This is part of what Prestashop does for each page load.

Place this script prestashop root folder

<?php

require(dirname(__FILE__).'/config/config.inc.php');

$sql = 'SELECT c.`name`, cl.`id_lang`, IF(cl.`id_lang` IS NULL, c.`value`, cl.`value`) AS value, c.id_shop_group, c.id_shop
	FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'configuration` c
	LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'configuration_lang` cl ON (c.id_configuration = cl.id_configuration)';

Db::getInstance()->executeS($sql);

Edited by bellini13 (see edit history)

Place this script prestashop root folder

<?php

require(dirname(__FILE__).'/config/config.inc.php');

$sql = 'SELECT c.`name`, cl.`id_lang`, IF(cl.`id_lang` IS NULL, c.`value`, cl.`value`) AS value, c.id_shop_group, c.id_shop
	FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'configuration` c
	LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'configuration_lang` cl ON (c.id_configuration = cl.id_configuration)';

Db::getInstance()->executeS($sql)

what should i name the file index.php or something else?

technically it should not take any longer with or without the HTTP in the URL. If you exclude it, the browser would just default to using HTTP anyways.

Your test results are truly poor. 3-4 seconds to execute that simple php/mysql script is terrible. You should escalate this to your host or find another host.

Thanks a lot for your helps, have been contact with my host, with a lot of forward and backward messages, at last they fixed the problem, now my website much faster than before it loads between 1,8s to 3,5s.

Thanks, you guys helped a lot.

Regards

Rashed