[SOLVED] Moving store from SubDomain

Hi,

So I've spent the past couple of days installing and working with Prestashop. Getting my website set up. Everything is going smoothly so far. However, 1 problem I encountered is that the website only loads when the URL contains /prestashop.

For example my website is www.House-of-Dip.com

but it only loads when I enter www.House-of-Dip.com/prestashop

I attempted to use my FTP to move everything from the /prestashop folder to the root "/" folder and change the base URI from /prestashop/ to /, but the website stopped working completely so I had to move everything back. This seems like it should be a rather simple fix but I can't seem to figure out. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks !!! :lol:

Cool, so you have a backup file of your SQL Database and your PrestaShop files.

Do the same thing and just the config/settings.inc.php define('__PS_BASE_URI__', '/prestashop/');

change it to define('__PS_BASE_URI__', '/'); make sure to have it within the '/' ... If that does not work then let us know and we'll troubleshoot some more.

Cool, so you have a backup file of your SQL Database and your PrestaShop files.

Do the same thing and just the config/settings.inc.php define('__PS_BASE_URI__', '/prestashop/');

change it to define('__PS_BASE_URI__', '/'); make sure to have it within the '/' ... If that does not work then let us know and we'll troubleshoot some more.

I just did the same thing. Moved everything to the / directory. I opened the config/settings.inc.php . However there was no define('__PS_BASE_URI__', '/prestashop/');

so I added define('__PS_BASE_URI__', '/'); to the last line and saved it. but to no avail :(

in PS 1.5.4.1 this setting is now in your database, check there for ps_shop_domain.

Well I was screwing around in the back office. Got to the screen where it lets you back up your DB. Pressed the back button and got this message.

Now the Back office doesn't work. 27658971.jpg

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Cookie

Apache Server at house-of-dip.com Port 443

EDIT : Moved everything back to the /prestashop folder on FTP. Cleared my cache. Now back office is working again.

Edited by HouseofDip (see edit history)

if you want to change subdirectory, just go to the preferences > seo & urls tab in your back office, then

change base_uri param from /prestashop/ to simple /

save changes. Don't forget to move whole prestashop files structure (subdirectories and all files) to the / root dir in your domain.

• Like 1

It may also be worth searching the backup of your shop for any occurrences of your domain name, just in case there are any URLs lurking that have been manually entered and might need updating. And the same with the database - when I did something similar, I found there were some urls in the top horizontal menu that needed to change.

if you want to change subdirectory, just go to the preferences > seo & urls tab in your back office, then

save changes. Don't forget to move whole prestashop files structure (subdirectories and all files) to the / root dir in your domain.

That's exactly what I tried and it didn't work :(

Hi HouseofDip, at this point it may be a good idea to contact your hosting provider to see what kind of support they can give. Maybe they have a certain way to move it...

You have been doing all the standard things in order to move the shop to your main domain. Also you may want to try the suggestion by stottycabanas as well.

Oh by the way, it is important to learn how to manually BackUp your Database and Files as well, use this thread for more information. http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/245815-how-to-back-up-prestashop-files-and-database/

Did you change the Base URI and then move the files to the root or move the files and then change the Base URI? (Some tutorials I've read state to change the Base URI and then move the files, although I don't know if that makes a difference or not)

Also, did you back up the Database prior to making the move?

Update for you guys. I called GoDaddy and had them take a look at the issue. Apparently in GoDaddy's File Manager everything was still uploaded in the prestashop folder (weird). So I moved everything via FileManager just as I did using FileZilla and now everything is perfect :wub::lol::D:P:o:rolleyes:B):ph34r:

Awesome! I'm so happy that GoDaddy helped you. They usually are responsive, by the way, are you using a vps with them?

Thanks! Yeah I was happy. Called them and in 1 minute had a live person on the phone :)

Nope, just traditional hosting via GoDaddy.

• 1 year later...

Thanks it worked perfectly....

after changing in back office as vekia told i just copy all the files from subdirectory to main directory and that's it...

Thanks again a lot....