[HOW TO] Back up PrestaShop files and Database

This seems like a very simple task, but I'm actually curious as well. I have yet to come across a clean, simple solution for a complete backup of both the site and database. I would very simply like to schedule a complete back to run nightly of the entire store, everything needed to restore from nothing.

I would also like to learn about this. From my experience backing up all the web files and data does not guarantee the positions of the modules in their respective hooks is guaranteed and I normally have to do some adjustments in back office. Unless I fails to import all the data from the database.

If you are looking for a reliable backup, check out the following module http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/55766-module-automatic-prestashop-backup-backup-your-entire-shop-on-the-server-by-email-on-amazon-s3/

You can set up automatic backups in 3 methods, saved on your server, sent via email, and stored on amazon S3 cloud server.

This ensures that even if your webserver completely dies, you can still restore the data.

Hello !

I Have downloaded folder called public html from server ! Thats ok?

Also I chose to export something in my phpadmin!

There was a title - Exporting tables from database!And there was an option where i chouse SQL !

That file is only about 1mb size ! Am I doing right? :)

Thanks!

Yes, johnxl - you did everything fine as long as you exported the correct DB.

Thats all you need, in case you need to reload you shop, you are good to go with all your prestashop settings (models, hooks etc...) and all your catalog/images.