[SOLVED] Menu language in backend

Hi,

I am having big problems with the language in my backend.I truly believe this is a bug because even if it is set up in English, it comes out in Italian and I really need to have it in English.

Have anyone experienced the same and know how to help me out please?

Thanks

Hi Whitelady,

What Prestashop version do you use?

Did you upgrade to this version, or is it a new installation?

Did you install Italian as (extra) language, or not at all?

Did you just start with this shop?

I heard there were problems in 1.5.4, not sure if 1.5.4.1 solved it...

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/237845-backoffice-wrong-language-after-upgrade-to-154/

My 2 cents,

pascal

Hi Pascal,

thank you very much for your reply. To answer your questions:

What Prestashop version do you use? PrestaShop™ 1.5.4.1

Did you upgrade to this version, or is it a new installation? new installation

Did you install Italian as (extra) language, or not at all? yes, italian is installed as extra language in the shop, so my clients can choose to view the shop in Italian or in Englis. English is the main language though.

Did you just start with this shop? Yes, it is going to be live less than a month, but noone except me can understand what the back end ays as it has the menu titles (and the sub menus) in italian, but then the content of the pages is in english.

Yes, in the preferences, language is set up with English (UK).

Thank you for any help you will give me!!

hello

you can always try to import language packs once again. Just go to the localization > localization tab in your back office. You can there import the language packs for any language you want. Try to do it, maybe it will help (several times help in cases like this)

Hi,

Can you check if you change the language first to Italian, then save, then back to English and save if that helps? (In MY preferences->employee-> edit (see attached file for example)

If you make a new employee, does this person have the same problems?

Can you make me a test person an private message me the login info?

Strange problem...

Pascal

post-455771-0-38500200-1376364331_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't feel like uninstalling the Italian pack and reinstalling again as I have previously changed some italian translation and I don;t want to loose them all!

@Pascal, yes, i have created a new employee and this is what still happens. Even for the new employee I can select the English language but the menu titles are ALL in italian. I will make you a test employee and message you the details. Thank you!!

Hi Whitelady,

I had a look at your site and I found the culprit. May be some work to fix though. (Tonight I may have a look at my language table to see if I can extract the (American) English translation for you.

For now, you can have a look here what is wrong:

Go to Back office->Amministrazione->Tabs.

Here you see the main tabs that are shown in the back office (like Catalogo, Oridini, Cliente etc)

Clicking on the 'Catalogi' Edit icon (The page with pencil icon on the right), you see the text Catalogi NEXT TO the English Flag!.

Idea of this sub menu is to have the opportunity to translate these tabs according to the language (clicking the English flag shows all your other languages.

To be short, the Italian translation somehow got into the English one :((

Don't ask me how. I can think of maybe one idea. If you Installed the shop in (American) English, and afterwards deleted this language, It may have messed up the ID's of the other languages or so. (like when deleting 2 becomes 1, maybe this isn't done everywhere. Just a wild idea, not sure if true)

So we have to translate these menu's one by one OR somehow update the English records in the table ps_tab_lang

I will have a look tonight what is possible. For now, have a look first and wonder what went wrong...

My 2 cents,

pascal

Problem Solved.

Problem was that table ps_tab_lang had somehow Italian menu items in English language strings.

How we solved it: We copied (Mysql: UPDATE...) the correct English strings (from a new shop) into the incorrect ones, to solve the problem.

All seems to work now.

Pascal

N.B. Before you import, make sure the menu items are in the same order, no extra menu items in between etc, otherwise the update can go wrong (e.g. 'products' menu may point to categories edit screen etc. If not in the right position, make sure your sql statement checks if the items in the two tables point to the same 'action' first.