Backoffice wrong language after upgrade to 1.5.4

I have upgraded from PS 1.5.3.1 which was very buggy to 1.5.4 .

After setting everything to English GB and deleting all other languages my back office menu is in French or Portuguese (I'm not sure which one as I don't speak either) .

Any ideas?

Good Morning,

Have you gone to Back office > clicked My preferences ( top right hand corner ) > and in the Language field box checked it is your language

Paul

Yes, obviously . If I'll pick English (United States) you get English, if you pick English (United Kingdom) you will get French or whatever language it is.

What's wrong?

Maybe try to re-import localization pack in languages -> localization in BO

for me it works when i've got language issues

I did it already and it doesn't work. It's obviously an issue which occurs when you auto-update to 1.5.4. It's a shame prestashop is still so buggy.

I also have this issue (the menus were in English on installation)

All the Back office menus are in French - I do not have French installed!

I have English (United Kindom) and English (United Sates)

I copied translations from UK to US and it gave an error (don't know if this was related)

error: "A part of the data has been copied but some of the language files could not be found."

Edited by dmsims (see edit history)

Got the same problem here.

New installation of 1.5.4. English UK and USA installed everything was OK, but then I decided to remove USA.

This caused the back office to be in English and French.

Have tried everything. Uninstalling languages, installing, changing defaults etc. But unable to fix the problem.

Having spent a lot of time setting up this is very frustrating!

Does anybody please know of a fix. Any help would be appreciated.

USA language is default prestashop language, it is better not to delete this language. The best thing is to "disable" it, not to delete.

have you got any backup of your shop? Maybe your hosting provider has got, try to restore database

Hi, I noticed they changed the way of how work language again in the core, and it break this releases (one of my module got problem with).

If you have some modules or personalised code in your prestashop they are not using the iso_code as a reference of the language, you will be surprise of the result.

Besides, for my part, the language format of dates fields are wrong too.. (installed a news ps in french, and got the EN format)

I think you should not upgrade to this version for now, they are some news bugs to fix :/